Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: 2012 United States Presidential Election

Agreed. Obama's problem is he is a shitty leader. It's always, "my way or the highway."

The other side to that is he only acts once someone in the media wonders where the hell he is. The Gulf Oil Spill was a perfect example of that. He only starting using his power after the media asked where he was after a few dozen days, prior to that, he did nothing. Dutch ships specializing in spill control were left to sit offshore in international waters instead of being able to help (something he could have done with an executive order).

Awesome user with default custom title UChessmaster's Avatar
    How does being cockblocked makes him a shitty leader?
    You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end each of us must work for his own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful. -Marie Curie

Quote Originally Posted by Ryllharu View Post
    MSNBC was worse when Bush was in power than FoxNews is now. I take it you never watched Countdown with Keith Olbermann? It was a solid hour of him throwing insults at everyone in the GOP or similar while pretending he had 10 percent of Edward R. Murrow's class.

Don't get me wrong, Hannity was always a jackoff too.
    MSNBC is a steaming pile of shit no doubt, and just as biased as Fox News on the opposite side of the spectrum. But no network can really be as bad as Fox News, which basically feeds itself to rednecks (which is probably the dumbest demographic with access to television). I can't think of anything that can really compare with Fox feeding birthers and hicks who still think Obama is a kenyan born muslim.

And MSNBC was doing its job during the Bush years. He was objectively one of the worst presidents we've ever had. $4 trillion down the drain in starting wars in both Iraq and Afghanistan, the patriot act, expanding the deficit by giving us Bush tax-cuts without paying for them in the budget. Fox News is pretending Obama is a muslim communist. But Bush actually was one of our worst presidents.

And I agree Republicans will have to modernize their platform with regards to the religious right, but as far as the business class goes I think the party can still hold a lot of leverage. If Democrats ever did decide to drastically raise tax rates, many business owners might retaliate by collectively hiring less and damaging the economy in order to give the democrats a bad name. Hell the republicans were obstructionists toward any economic progress whatsoever in the past four years to prevent Obama from winning, and they did a good job. At least 60% of the country I believe blames him for the slow recovery, considering polls during the summer showed that 60% of the popular vote would prefer a generic republican candidate to the incumbent.

And I have no idea where the bullshit of Obama not compromising is coming from. He had to force Obamacare through (which I oppose by the way) because of the Republican filibuster in the Senate. Mitch McConell outright said his party's number one goal was to prevent Obama's re-election. Obama didn't raise taxes. He supported the stimulus which was basically a giant tax cut. He's spent a shitload on the military. Gay marriage is still illegal. Where hasn't he tried to compromise? He's not my ideal candidate in the least, I'm a social conservative. But there's still a large difference between the GOP and the Left as far as how full of shit each party is.
    Last edited by Buffalobiian; Wed, 11-07-2012 at 08:03 AM. Reason: merge posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carnage View Post
    But no network can really be as bad as Fox News, which basically feeds itself to rednecks (which is probably the dumbest demographic with access to television). I can't think of anything that can really compare with Fox feeding birthers and hicks who still think Obama is a kenyan born muslim.
    Damn. Fox Finland doesn't broadcast its own news, from what I can see. I have never watched the news on the channel, but the news program is labeled after a Finnish news agency, so I reckon they merely buy the whole thing as is to fulfill some random clause in the broadcast permission to have news. I would have wanted to see their own, funny news if they really are as hilarious as you say. But I guess it would have cost too much to localize such a format.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    Damn. Fox Finland doesn't broadcast its own news, from what I can see. I have never watched the news on the channel, but the news program is labeled after a Finnish news agency, so I reckon they merely buy the whole thing as is to fulfill some random clause in the broadcast permission to have news. I would have wanted to see their own, funny news if they really are as hilarious as you say. But I guess it would have cost too much to localize such a format.
    Your local Fox affiliate isn't a problem for bias, they only sometimes air segments from their pundits. The problem is Fox News channel and Fox Business, cable channels that I doubt are available in Europe or anywhere outside the US, for which you are lucky.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Yeah, the entire Fox network belongs to NewsCorp, which is the largest news media organization in the world.