Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 2012 United States Presidential Election

I disagree with most of Paul's ideology, but I respect him as an individual. He almost seems to innocent to be in politics.

Quote Originally Posted by rockmanj View Post
    I am with Y on this. Ta-Nehisi Coates has been covering some of Paul's more negative aspects. It would be pretty damning if the media actually chose to cover it.
    Too much walls of text to read with this headache; can you summarize the points?
    "Leaving hell is not the same as entering it." - Tierce Japhrimel

Well, this piece is probably eh best representative on Paul from his canon http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/...senger/250685/

Not helping my headache..................... bullet pointz plz? D: D: D:

Paul is a racist, arch-conservative lunatic.

Also, with regards to the point earlier about media coverage on Paul and CNN, in no sense of the word "liberal" (either the globally accepted definition of the word or the perverse American usage of it) is a major news network "liberal". CNN, along with every other major news outlet, is pro-business, authoritarian and slavishly devoted to pimping the status quo. Can anyone be so delusional that they think a multibillion dollar news agency is serving the interests of leftist hippies? Are you genuinely so stupid that you dare to parrot talk radio horseshit about the "Clinton News Network"? Seriously fall back trying to play that shit with me.

Im not too much into the US elections but from my outside point of view there isnt much to choose from.

I always liked the candidates that the mass media blatantly attack or try to bury/ignore. From the few things I have watched I would say that my vote would go to Ron Paul. I dont know much about him but I like those videos and articles from FOX, CNN, NYT that manipulate most of the interviews he is made and portray him as some kind of crazy old geezer who lives out of reality.

Also some other things I like to look for are these:

http://www.opensecrets.org/pres12/he...0286&x=27&y=24

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politi...O_graphic.html
    The path of excess leads to the tower of wisdom

Quote Originally Posted by Y View Post
    What is racist about him?

Quote Originally Posted by Y View Post

Also, with regards to the point earlier about media coverage on Paul and CNN, in no sense of the word "liberal" (either the globally accepted definition of the word or the perverse American usage of it) is a major news network "liberal". CNN, along with every other major news outlet, is pro-business, authoritarian and slavishly devoted to pimping the status quo. Can anyone be so delusional that they think a multibillion dollar news agency is serving the interests of leftist hippies? Are you genuinely so stupid that you dare to parrot talk radio horseshit about the "Clinton News Network"? Seriously fall back trying to play that shit with me.
    It's very well known that CNN represents the liberal agenda and FoxNews represents the conservative agenda. To dispute that is to be ignorant of reality.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire View Post
    What is racist about him?
    Coates put it better than me, but if your headache ever subsides, you should read that piece. I am not going to summarize it. And the news orgs. (well, most but FOX) only seem to be "liberal". The more accurate word to use is "moneyed". They all represent moneyed interests, but some do occasionally have a "liberal bias". Often the news gives two sides of a story in the name of objectivity, when sometimes there really is something unequivocally good or bad about a story.

An example of this is the current congressional gridlock. Everyone that keeps up with politics knows that a lot of important measures and bills are being actively blocked by republican senators and reps, but the news usually reports it as a general congressional problem.
    Last edited by rockmanj; Thu, 01-05-2012 at 10:59 AM.

Coates put it better than me, but if your headache ever subsides, you should read that piece. I am not going to summarize it. And the news orgs. (well, most but FOX) only seem to be "liberal". The more accurate word to use is "moneyed". They all represent moneyed interests, but some do occasionally have a "liberal bias". Often the news gives two sides of a story in the name of objectivity, when sometimes there really is something unequivocally good or bad about a story.

An example of this is the current congressional gridlock. Everyone that keeps up with politics knows that a lot of important measures and bills are being actively blocked by republican senators and reps, but the news usually reports it as a general congressional problem.
    It is the will of the people since they voted the Republicans back into power in Congress. The people want nothing done, they like gridlock. That's why democracy doesn't work.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Quote Originally Posted by Animeniax View Post
    It's very well known that CNN represents the liberal agenda and FoxNews represents the conservative agenda. To dispute that is to be ignorant of reality.
    Yeah it's "very well known" by people who are stupid as fuck.

Indeed.

FoxNews is certainly the conservative, but the contra to that is MSNBC. CNN are the morons in the middle who embarrass themselves by using "holograms" or pointless, malfunctioning super high-tech touchscreen boards and recently relying solely on twitter for sourcing their news.

Fox News is Republican. MSNBC is Democrat. These are very, very different things than being "liberal" and "conservative" because it would imply either network has a consistent philosophical agenda, instead of a bottom line and a section of the market to pander to.

The news is about ratings and agenda (investors, shareholders, partners etc) it's not just about reporting the facts but how the facts are manipulated to better fuels their agenda. It's about fueling and dazzling the mob ( people that look at the news as nothing but yet another TV show). Keep them entertained and pacified. That's why Shit like Charlie Sheen and Lindsey Lohan are so popular because it bring the ratings and basically goes nowhere. Partly because that is what the public wants, something to keep them entertained.

As far as politics goes, it's the same song and dance (that's been going on for centuries). They all promise you this to get elected but fully well know they can't deliver but put forward some show (if even that) that they tried. They all have obligations to their parties, lobbies and the people that got them in power in the first place (special interest). Why, because that is how the game is played. There is no way a guy that hasn't already been in the mud and fully corrupted can ever win an election, because you need money and backing. Political backing, and the one's already in power (old money folks, political families, and so on) already have a firm grasp on the system. If they don't like you, you can be sure that they will use everything in their power to make sure you're nothing but dust that can be easily brushed off.

As far as the elections goes I'm a democrat, it's a shitty choice between a Douch and a Turdsandwich (South Park), either way you end up eating and asking for something that you don't want whether you choose to or not. But it is my belief that President Obama can't and won't fuck things up more that it already is. The economy is bad, not just ours but the World's as well. There is just so much one can do. You got to admit with all the revolutions, wars, natural disasters and economic troubles of both Major companies and Countries it's hard to get anything done that you set out to do. When he entered the office it was already a shit filled pit and well more just keep on piling up.

I don't favor any Republican Candidate because it is well known that they all have their own interests in mind or the interest of their financial bed partners ( yes I am bias but this is what I strongly believe). Just look at Dick Cheney, still won't admit that ANY of his decisions or that of Bush ( I refuse to call him a President) was anyway wrong or excessive. But the Companies that he and the Bush family is part of ( Oil companies, Saudi Arabia partners) made a killing from the Afganistan war and the Iraq downfall ( with sky rocketing oil prices and the pipe line that was constructed using Pakistani workers through Afganistan with American support). Greed at it's best while we paid trillions as a country.

Fact of the matter is I don't really see them using the Presidential office for the good of the American people. They look out for their own interests and just look at it as just another tool.

I do hope the the economy gets better and pray that there are less and less natural disasters because everyone needs improvement in their financial affairs. Just hope we all learn from what has happened (doubtful about that, Americans as a whole are too damn dumb and materialistic to actually think that far ahead, the ones that do are corrupt) and don't let it happen again. And for God sakes, bring back some damn manufacturing jobs back to the country, the service industry can only do so much.

edit: Grammar, yeah yeah I know I suck at it.
    Last edited by dragonrage; Thu, 01-05-2012 at 11:07 PM.
    ___
    ---------------------------- "THE DROPOUT CREW"--------------------------------
    ________Deblas, IfingHateTonTon, RyougaZell, dragonrage.________

________ we may fuck up alot but we always pull thru.

Well, this piece is probably eh best representative on Paul from his canon http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/...senger/250685/
    If you don't give a shit about the issue enough to write out a few bullet points of your off-the-wall accusation then I don't care enough to read your articles.

-

Ron Paul wants to stop America's imperialism, pull out of all these foreign wars, and this will save the lives of hundreds of thousands of people. Put the left vs. right bitching aside and just realize that it's a matter of life and death.

The US military goes out and murders people, destroys families because of some charismatic guy who got elected in a popularity contest (all past presidents)? Though the media tries its best to make it so, this situation is not a drama TV show. It's our fellow humans who are getting murdered by our tax money. Think about it.

Watching the circus freak side show that is the GOP Primaries makes me sick. It makes me sad that people just say stupid shit about rumors of someone's character rather than looking at what the person is fighting for. I just can't respect anyone who makes light of the issue and turns it into some game and talks about inconsequential shit like "OHMIGAH HOW LIBERAL IS CNN? KEKE THATS WHY RON PAUL BLABLA HE'S RACIST AGAINST UNAMERICANS BLA"

At least talk about the economy.

-

Kraco, was that post of yours excusing Obama for the atrocities of Afghanistan, because it's "hopeless" to you?

-

Also all of the other candidates openly admitted during the Thanksgiving forum that they would move to ban gay marriage and abortion all together because they're "christian". God knows what else they'll do to buy a vote. Not to mention, Iran is he new big thing to bomb. Chilling.
    Last edited by Sapphire; Fri, 01-06-2012 at 04:34 AM.

Kraco, was that post of yours excusing Obama for the atrocities of Afghanistan, because it's "hopeless" to you?
    What is done is done. Besides, Obama didn't start Afghanistan. If he gets reelected, I hope he can finish the US involvement there, although the same goes for any next US president. Also, the Afghans are themselves perfectly capable of the worst atrocities; they don't need foreign help to torture themselves, not in the least. They are the ones who founded Taleban, which is all the proof needed of the wickedness present in that country. If they want to live in stone age and oppress themselves, let them do it in peace. We should just stick to safely firebombing the drug plantations every now and then and buying the rare earth minerals. You can't force a whole country with an ancient civilization to reform itself in a few years. Better stay out of it.

Yeah I have to agree that they where doing fine by their own at least until 2000s ban. Then NATO came in to teach them how to rule. Ain't we the best at it?

Afghan+Opium+Production+-+McClatchy,+June+28+2009.png
    The path of excess leads to the tower of wisdom

Kind of funny how people complain about the media only to buy its hype on Ron Paul being a racist. If anyone can find him personally making racist comments, I'll believe it.

If you don't give a shit about the issue enough to write out a few bullet points of your off-the-wall accusation then I don't care enough to read your articles.

-
    I have no idea where all that hostility comes from, but it is only a couple of pages long and a great article. I think everyone that is interested in Ron Paul should read it; me putting in bullet points would not do it justice.

I do think Paul says provocative and important things, but he also takes his belief in states' rights to an extreme and has said that he does not think that the Civil Rights Act was a good idea. I understand his reasoning, but I don't agree with it. I would also not want to have someone in office that thinks the Civil War was "pointless" and that slavery would have just dissipated. And even though presidents cannot affect that much change on their own, I would rather not have him (or any of the other Repub candidates) representing me as the head of state.

And like Kraco, I think Afghanistan is a mess. Yes, the president did say that he thought it more important to focus on, and he did not start the war there, but now it is at the point where it seems nobody really knows what to do about the place. I personally think we need to get out of there ASAP, but I am sure there are complications to that that we are unaware of that are probably preventing an immediate draw-down.

It's ridiculous to think that the US will ever "get out" of Iraq and Afghanistan. You realize we have troops deployed in basically every goddamn country in the world at all times, right? We never left Japan, or South Korea. We are literally never going to leave Iraq or Afghanistan (the troop drawdown in Iraq does not in any way constitute "leaving" in the same sense that we left Vietnam). We'll be there in a hundred years, assuming US global hegemony still exists at that point, which is a rather shaky proposition.