Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rinne no Lagrange

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    Poor Madoka barely missed meeting the boyfriend she didn't know she has. Or maybe it was sheer luck, considering the dude.
    He ran off after seeing the love of his life show off her incredible grace by falling off the roof.

Is there anything Lan can do competently? I'll admit it is somewhat amusing that both she and Muginami possess the opposite of what their appearances would typically lead one to believe (that the skinny and fit girl would be highly skilled, while the pretty ditz with the large tits would be a klutz). But there has to be something she's actually good at.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryllharu View Post
    He ran off after seeing the love of his life show off her incredible grace by falling off the roof.

Is there anything Lan can do competently? I'll admit it is somewhat amusing that both she and Muginami possess the opposite of what their appearances would typically lead one to believe (that the skinny and fit girl would be highly skilled, while the pretty ditz with the large tits would be a klutz). But there has to be something she's actually good at.
    *woof* ?
    Number of works of fiction that made me shed at least one tear: 3
    Thou seeketh soul power, dost thou not?
    TOX: 33524385841A92B08787EEBEBA2DB51ED293C4F15A2E292F3F C92165E82388281433A77EA8FE

I guess she must have good table manners, being a princess. At least until she drops the glass and spills the sauce.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    She's an expert pilot for one, though the Vox links suggest that her skill will not have too much benefit compared to the others because
    Voxes are so well matched with their pilots (the clapping sword-block move would suggest otherwise though).

Following the ritual (with the whole water dousing and all), I was amused by the ass-grabbing the most.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Madoka's psyche isn't certainly the most stable thing in Kamogawa. I was getting annoyed by Astelia continuously forbidding Midori's launch, but Madoka surely didn't tarry in demonstrating why Astelia's caution was more than justified. She's only merry and reliable when things are going good, but if something not good happens to her, she cracks fast.

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    Astelia did OK Madoka because she understood that Vox Aura only is dangerous towards ennemies, at least it is how I interpreted the fact that there's no trace of such terror on earth, when there is in humans flying away and colonizing the galaxy (and beyond?)

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

Man I hate characters who crack like that..

Even all of her maru didn't ease that for me.

Perhaps more disturbing is that Madoka doesn't seem to realize she's killing people this time. Or worse, doesn't care. Lan is the princess of a militant nation (and it turns out is actually proficient at shooting things), and the world has always been kill-or-be-killed for Muginami, so I don't think it would matter as much to them. The two of them certainly both recognize what they're doing right now.

But killing others is the complete opposite of what Madoka and Youko stand for and what particularly what Madoka's mother was willing to do even if she wasn't capable enough. I don't think Madoka realizes that these aren't like the drones that Villagulio sent against them the last time. Each and every one is piloted.

Normally I dislike pacifism in mecha (and a lot of other genres too) but for Madoka I would make an exception. What she's doing now, whether she realizes it or not, is against everything that she is.

I can't imagine the breakdown Madoka would have had if Kamogawa was a crater, instead of only a few people at the school getting hurt.

Has Madoka shown to be opposed to hurting any hostile aliens thus far though? I can't remember any times when she went "don't fight, let's talk!!"

Well, she didn't want to kill those three guys at any point, and she certainly didn't want to let Muginami and Villagulio kill each other.

...and they usually talk to her first.

This was a poor last episode. First breaking the tension with the flashback style of going through the last battle and then pretty much leaving everything open and unexplained. I don't think we learned even the basics of the main characters or their circumstances (except for Madoka, because there's not much to learn about her). I also find it a bit strange Lan's people come and went without much ado. I guess (because there's nothing else really but guessing with a stupid bye bye ending like this) that they took Lan's Vox with them. Madoka's Vox they left on Earth, even though I'm pretty sure they could have taken it with them and nobody could have done anything about it. They didn't really seem like people who would treasure good relationships with Earth, but who knows.

At least this was funny enough to watch all in all, even though the focus was clearly on mecha and cute girls, with the story itself next to nonexistent.

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    They had nothing, created plot holes, and had to make it even more empty to try and stretch that emptiness into OAVs and a second season?

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

This was a nice watch after Muv Luv, heh.

It's clear to everyone that Lan's brother and the snake-looking-guy are torturing and abusing Lan so they can study and exploit the Voxes. Somewhere deep down, even Lan knows that. So Villagiulio was right the whole time after all. Muginami seems to spend much of her time interfering, which I can only see as an effort to protect Lan and Madoka from Lan's brother, even though she's always attacking.

Lan's being lied to about Muginami's motives, and she knows it. That's why she was sent to retrieve Madoka and Midori. Her brother yet again was finding Lan wanting for his purposes, and wanted another test subject. The look on Lan's face when Madoka asked what she needed help with said as much.

The OP isn't as good this time. It's a good song, it just doesn't really fit the animation they were using, or the feel of this show. The ED is spot on in terms of fit, though it isn't really that good of a song.

Grania is hot. That is all.