Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rinne no Lagrange

Rinne no Lagrange

Description: Kamogawa is a seaside city in the Chiba prefecture. Kyouno Madoka, an energetic student at Kamogawa Girl's High School, and the only member of the Sweats Club. What that club does is somewhat of a mystery, though Madoka loves to "rescue" others. Her life changes one day when her uniform is stolen when she is saving a drowning girl. Afterwards, she meets a girl named Ran in odd clothing (also the one who stole her uniform), who asks her to "pilot a robot".

Genres: Mecha, Action, doushi (comrades).

Links: AniDB, ANN, Official Page

Underwater: 720p
    Commie

----------------

What I really enjoyed about the episode was the cast. It's mostly Madoka being energetic and totally crazy, but it imparts a fresh and motivational air just from her attitude alone. Showing up late to school in only her swimsuit and getting chewed out, with words of gratitude for saving the girl at the end, said a lot about her, as well as how others view her. She's always willing to help and takes on a great deal of tasks...simply because people ask her to. It isn't that she'll just do what she's told, it's that helping is her raison d'être.

The other two highlights of her insanity are calling the controls of her robot "gross feeling," and the german suplex to the enemy at the end. She's an unconventional hyper tomboy of a robot pilot, but she's still a girl.

The cast stood out for me a lot. The highlight being Madoka, voiced by Ishihara Kaori (Suzuna, the little sister in Kaichou wa Maid-sama). The others didn't really have that much screen time to properly judge them, but Madoka's cousin, voiced by Noto Mamiko was a clear influence on Madoka's behavior, and was nicely performed as well. I've always been partial to her slightly more militant voices over the gentle ones.

And no, it is not an all girls cast.
    Last edited by Ryllharu; Mon, 01-09-2012 at 04:46 AM. Reason: underwater added, commie added back

Non-Eyecancer Episode 01

[Underwater] Rinne no Lagrange - 01 - 720p v2: Torrent | DDL

[Commie] Rinne no Lagrange - 01 - 720p: Torrent | DDL
    Last edited by Marik; Mon, 01-09-2012 at 11:52 PM. Reason: Added Underwater v2.

Oh my fucking God dat OP. Oh dear Jesus, Amen.
    "Leaving hell is not the same as entering it." - Tierce Japhrimel

lol... All I could think of while watching the OP, is how sparkly it was.

I liked the first episode. Quirky and great animation. Will follow.

Good times in the first ep, robot fights with wrestling moves is right up my alley. Success! This looks like it'll be fun.

Good graphics, the energetic girl (absolutely no-emo), and finally the German suplex sealed it; I like this show. I very much hope it won't disappoint me, because I'd be very disappointed indeed. Instead of endless whining and hesitation (yes, Eva trauma) this is exactly how a teen should approach piloting a mecha. Even a girl if she's like Madoka and not like the three commoners that giggled at the alien girl's costume. I hope this keeps everything up like Star Driver did.

The enemy didn't give overly evil vibes immediately, so I wonder how the bigger story will develop.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    I love Madoka's energy. She's got style too (popping balls from under the tennis uniform = win), though it's often hidden underneath her overpowering enthusiasm (eh? eh? EHHHHHHHHHHHHHH?)/

The alien girl's cool too, and her archetype gives her a slight default win in my books at the moment, but I guess I'm in.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Good thing that slump didn't last any longer than that. I don't even really get what caused it. Madoka shouldn't be a person to fall into depression like that in the first place. Or if it only happened afterwards as a result, then that Vox surely has a tricky and capricious OS. Now we only need to get the Rei clone and titties aboard their own machines.

I wonder, though, what we will get after these guys. Madoka defeated the first guy despite having never even seen a robot like, let alone flown one, and I'm somehow expecting these two other guys not faring that much better in the long run. The male alien is super suspicious, of course, so it wouldn't exactly surprise me if he was a villain or at least hiding something horrible.

[Underwater] Rinne no Lagrange - 02 (720p) [99517157].mkv

Go with Underwater cuz:

- TLCed by 8th, a respectable TL.
    - The video (OP at least) looks sexy as fuck~
    - Daiz from Underwater is kawaii.
    "Leaving hell is not the same as entering it." - Tierce Japhrimel

Damn it.. all three pilots make me smile in different ways. I expected Mugi to be happy-go-lucky... but she's even more ditz than Madoka!!

In the end though, I think I still like Lan the best. The others are more in the "fun" category.

It really seems like a light-hearted Eva with all their launch sequences and An- .. umm, Aliens coming in to attack. That's cool by me. The varying combat styles that would hopefully be coming would be nice. (Lan = speed/pilot skills, Madoka = school sports improvised combat, Mugi = ????? )

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    Damn it.. all three pilots make me smile in different ways. I expected Mugi to be happy-go-lucky... but she's even more ditz than Madoka!!

In the end though, I think I still like Lan the best. The others are more in the "fun" category.

It really seems like a light-hearted Eva with all their launch sequences and An- .. umm, Aliens coming in to attack. That's cool by me. The varying combat styles that would hopefully be coming would be nice. (Lan = speed/pilot skills, Madoka = school sports improvised combat, Mugi = ????? )
    Long range lol-wut skills that depend only on luck probably.
    Number of works of fiction that made me shed at least one tear: 3
    Thou seeketh soul power, dost thou not?
    TOX: 33524385841A92B08787EEBEBA2DB51ED293C4F15A2E292F3F C92165E82388281433A77EA8FE

Quote Originally Posted by Xelbair View Post
    Long range lol-wut skills that depend only on luck probably.
    That's what I'm expecting as well, at this point. It's hard to imagine her having any believable close combat skills.

Long range support definitely came to mind, as weird as it seems to have someone like Mugi guarding your back...

That's why it must be purely luck dependent and weird as possible.
    TOX: 33524385841A92B08787EEBEBA2DB51ED293C4F15A2E292F3F C92165E82388281433A77EA8FE

Quote Originally Posted by Xelbair View Post
    That's why it must be purely luck dependent and weird as possible.
    "Intelligent" missiles came to mind, but being aliens and all it must be laser based. Heck, even the human weapons were laser based.

I was rather underwhelmed at the "best pilot" guy. If anything, his brother who just joined the fight should be a better pilot than he is. If it had been "best fighter" instead it may be more true.

She will be able to control her laser bullets in flight creating cool curves out of them but they will nearly always miss by 1mm her allies, and hit enemy perfectly :P

Overwhelming Jersey Club Spirit!

[Underwater] Rinne no Lagrange - 03 (720p)

-----------------

Madoka is hilarious.

One thing I have been enjoying is Madoka's unorthodox mecha fighting style. She is probably one of the only mecha pilots who actually cares about what she smashes, what she gets smashed into, and keeping her enemies from damaging her beloved town, which she knows pretty much everything about. Enough to intentionally fall into empty lots and abandoned buildings. That's impressive in its own right.

The fun part is that her stupidity (like attempting the bare-handed blade grasp, or trying to strangle a robot) is confusing the hell out of the guys, enough that they think she's really skilled, or performing elaborate rituals and finishing moves.

I guess the real question is what the guys meant by needing the Vox's help (I can only guess about it being against an occupation by Lan's people) and what the Vox do to their pilots.

No substantial Mugi appearance this episode. :/ Guess she used the fighting to escape the facility as planned.
    Last edited by Ryllharu; Sun, 01-22-2012 at 08:20 PM.

Yeah. It's indeed still a bit of a mystery why the invaders need them so much. At the very least it's now rightly questioned whether Lan's people are any good guys at all. The curse of the Voxes is another interesting question. Is it just a power corrupts issue or something else? You'd think something more substantial based on Lan's troubles to overcome her fear of piloting hers.

Madoka's fighting style is indeed hilarious but I have to confess I was expecting more from her after her formidable performance in the first fight. This time she did little but try to defend herself, aside from the one cable attack. I hope they let her practice a little before the next attack so that she can even discover what manner of weapons the Vox is carrying. Surely there's at least a lightsaber.