Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TV: Homeland

TV: Homeland

Homeland, new show on Showtime started last Sunday and it's freaking awesome so far. It also has an awesome cast: Claire Danes, Morena Baccarin, Damien Lewis, Mandy Patinkin, etc. Also it's brought from executive producers of 24.

Any of you seen it yet?

http://www.sho.com/site/homeland/about.sho

Seen it a few days ago. Was very impressed with the first episode, let's hope it continues being awesome

another terrorism show? really?

Is the pressure of discovery getting to you, Assassin?

I want to check this show out but Claire Danes' overacting in the trailers has kind of soured the show for me. I get that that's her character but she'll always be the angsty whiny girl with no real life problems on My So Called Life, so seeing her in a dramatic role just doesn't work for me. It's kind of like Peg voicing Leela on Futurama.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

I love this show! Did anyone see the latest one?

Nobody else watched this amazing show? Great performances all around, although the daughter really annoyed me. I also saw one of the saddest things ever on this show: The making of a peanut butter sandwich with a ruler. Are you telling me the DoD does not have spoons or knives in the kitchen? I know America has to make cuts, but damn!

I'm going to start watching this now that Breaking Bad is on hiatus. Here's hoping it's a worthwhile series.

edit: saw the first episode, this series looks very promising. Lots of angles and complexities. I think they revealed a bit too much in the first episode, but I guess if they hadn't then people might write it off as a conspiracy show and skip it.
    Last edited by Animeniax; Mon, 09-24-2012 at 10:47 PM.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Spoilers:

Shit, 6 episodes in and they've already debunked the main premise of the show (unless it's a ruse) and I can't say I like the direction they're heading in with the supposedly dead marine. But all the ads say the show, now in its second season, is amazing and one of the best shows on TV. I'll keep watching, hoping they didn't try to wrap up the series in one season not expecting a second.

edit: just when I'm getting into this series after the first fairly amazing season, it's now only on ep2 of season 2.
    Last edited by Animeniax; Sun, 10-07-2012 at 03:15 PM.

Anyone watching this series? It's pretty awesome, if a bit cliched. And don't let the SNL skit fool you, that's hardly what the show is like.

Never saw the skits, but Am really into this show. In fact, I watched the 1st season twice.

The SNL skit isn't too hard on the show, though they did lambaste elements of it. The character portrayals are hilarious.

But yeah the show itself is amazing and worth watching. I think the show could use a better intro.

I'm an episode behind, but I don't get how the terrorists were able to come through the front door of the tailor shop. Did the CIA not lock the front door to keep looky-loos out?
    Last edited by Animeniax; Sat, 11-24-2012 at 01:08 PM.

Man what an explosive ending to the 2nd season!!! I thought the show was going to wind down and get silly. Instead it goes full bore and should be a great 3rd season.

I hope they keep Brody away for at least half a season. I would like to see the Saul & Carrie show for a while. Saul has been gret this season. My favorite line: "Are you known as the bear?" "I fuckin hope not."

That's what I think will happen. To incorporate him into the show, he'd either have to have his own side story like dodging the authorities or terrorists looking for him, or it will be the occasional phone call from Carrie. Either option isn't a great use of the character.

Awesome user with default custom title UChessmaster's Avatar
    I`m sure they`ll give Brody something to do, if you take him out of the equation you`ll prob have to take his whole family + Mike out of it too, that`s too many people out, so either give them something to do or introduce new characters.
    You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end each of us must work for his own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful. -Marie Curie

Definitely will need to introduce new characters. Estes' replacement will need to be there to dog on Saul's heels and antagonize Carrie while she tries to clear Brody's name. I can see them operating extensively in Middle Eastern locations during the season. I'd like to see Quinn follow Brody's trail and have a serious confrontation.

Estes` replacement IS Saul though. The one thing i`m looking for is less Dana scenes, i tolerated her up until she started whining over spilled milk, btw guys this series is awesome, do watch it!
    You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end each of us must work for his own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful. -Marie Curie

Saul was in charge as the senior most man, but a person in Estes' position is typically appointed by higher ups. Saul may very well get the job though.

Agreed, Dana is terrible. Her role holds a lot of significance and importance, but it's hard to watch.

Finally managed to marathon the series, just finished the season 2 finale which was awesome. Starting season 3 now, which I see no discussion of. You guys up to date?

I'll be in a couple of hours.

Season 2 was indeed awsome, season 3 had its up and downs, but I felt the season end was very well done.