Page 114 of 114 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114
Results 2,261 to 2,270 of 2270

Thread: Hunter x Hunter 2011

I won't bother then.

Yeah both movies were garbage. 1st one didnt even see it to the end and 2nd one regreted deeply doing it.

Is there actually any good movie off an original standard shounen anime?
    The path of excess leads to the tower of wisdom

Quote Originally Posted by Edort4 View Post
    Is there actually any good movie off an original standard shounen anime?
    Cant think of one. The BIG problem with all of these non-canon movies is that they all ignore the power balance that is created in the canon-series. They´re 1,5hours long, so they feel the need to show the audience flashy, "epic" special attacks. The problem is that we usually see attack of such scale only after months of preparation/build-up in the actual anime-series.

For example The Last Mission: The big bad guy is introduced showing a special technique that rivals Netero´s golden buddha-technique. Out of nowhere. It took, what, 130 episodes for us to witness Netero´s overwhelming power in the anime, but the movie shows us an equal power within 5 minutes.
    What´s more, as anime-watchers we know that Nen techniques usually aren´t that flashy, only the most powerful techniques have flashy effects. In the movie, EVERY attack fills entire rooms/halls with light effects.

In the anime, we get to know powerful nen-users slowly, one by one, and they´re usually very impressive, despite no flashy effects filling the environment. Remember when we first met the Spider´s Nobunaga? Aloof guy, who suddenly takes a stance and feels like the most scary thing in the world. No light effects, just him calmly staring at Gon/Killua.

This particular movie also has other problems (like introducing On, a new energy parallel to Nen, that conveniently ceases to exist after the big bad guy is defeated), but the above is the main problem most anime movies have in common.

"She's the only non-loli girl in the show, your honor!" will be my defense in court

I'm currently casually rewatching HXH, just got done with Greed Island. And I gotta say, the ending situation is the biggest bs I've ever seen. Not sure why I wasn't upset about this in the past.

So the Bomber, Genthru, and his two partners are lying on the ground, all tied up, and the heroes and other good guys are standing around them. At least one of the three was heavily wounded. Gon starts using rare cards to heal 2 of them. Everyone else, minus Killua and Bisket, are shocked, "why would you use those cards on these guys?", and then Gon, Killua and Bisket start saying bs about "this game is over, everyone was playing until now, everyone risked their lives, but it's okay now".

And I'm like: WAT. These three guys haven't played the game. They are mass murderers that left the game plenty of times to continue murdering outside, too. They ruined the game for hundreds of other players, killing most of them. Pardon me, Gon, but your forgiveness is not fit for the situation. And I could, however, accept this if it was only Gon saying this shit. We know that Gon has a special pov in life. But Killua and even Bisket?! Fuck no.

Do we know if Genthru was even brought to the police? Lol, probably not, because what could police even do to keep a nen-professional in check?!

That really irked me the wrong way on my rewatch. It's one thing to forgive something that someone did to yourself. It's something else when that person murdered countless other people.

"She's the only non-loli girl in the show, your honor!" will be my defense in court

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Killua's an assassin.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Killua should probably be in juvie.

Gon is a true neutral character, and thus kind of peculiar as a shounen series MC. He's doing whatever he wants to do, according to how he feels about it, regardless of right or wrong. He lets no one to tell him otherwise. If he wants to save someone, he tries to, if he doesn't want to, he won't. He's not bound by the general ethics of the world (or our world). He's kind of like an animal, in a sense, since he doesn't hold a grudge according to any higher morals. So, if someone is a murderer, Gon might not care any more than a dog would care if its owner killed people. A dog would remain loyal to the owner to the last breath, if the owner kept treating the dog well, no matter what kind of monster the owner was otherwise. I suppose this kind of personality might make it difficult to really understand Gon, but I like how it makes HxH fundamentally different from great many other shounen action/adventure series.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    Gon is a true neutral character, and thus kind of peculiar as a shounen series MC. He's doing whatever he wants to do, according to how he feels about it, regardless of right or wrong. He lets no one to tell him otherwise. If he wants to save someone, he tries to, if he doesn't want to, he won't. He's not bound by the general ethics of the world (or our world). He's kind of like an animal, in a sense, since he doesn't hold a grudge according to any higher morals. So, if someone is a murderer, Gon might not care any more than a dog would care if its owner killed people. A dog would remain loyal to the owner to the last breath, if the owner kept treating the dog well, no matter what kind of monster the owner was otherwise. I suppose this kind of personality might make it difficult to really understand Gon, but I like how it makes HxH fundamentally different from great many other shounen action/adventure series.
    Ok, now Killua and Bisket.

Also why should other people who are affected by the murderers' actions accept what Gon and Co. tell them?

I don't entierly remember the whole thing, but weren't they just killing other players? and obviously they were murderes on the outside world, but that doesn't count.

did they kill people outside of the game world? I can't remember. even if they did, is that against the "rules" of the game?

he did the same with scisors-eat-girls-hair dude, he was also a murderer (and not only inside the game), but Gon liked him and let him live.

did Gon even ever kill anybody? maybe one of the ants? he was pretty pissed at Ilumi, but I don't think he was angry at Hisoka (also, clearly a murderer) or at any of the spider brigade. it's just like he said, they all played a game, and the strongest player gets to choose how the game goes. if the bomber is the strongest player and he wants the game to be played violently, it's within his rights as the strongest animal in the jungle. but once Gon takes the position, he decides the rules, and he doesn't want to kill Genjuro.

it doesn't matter that genjuro hurt him (remember hanzo?), or that he killed other people. it wasn't personal for them, so why should it be perssonal to him?

Quote Originally Posted by Death BOO Z View Post
    did Gon even ever kill anybody? maybe one of the ants?
    Oh he killed the SHIT out of Pitou!