Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Naruto Chapter 554

Quote Originally Posted by darkshadow View Post
    Really you are just trying too hard to sound like an idiot now.
    Susanoo uses energy sure, but the fucking flames don't fucking disappear after being fucking conjured up; he doesn't have to move the flames around anymore cause they are just sticking to susanoo just like when he defended himself from Raikage.
    And no the flames stick and burn to anything they touch, once they are out there it only costs energy to manipulate them or make them disappear.
    Oh noes, the F word, you win teh argument and the internet.

My point was its a dumb weapon because he loses the element of surprise in terms of manouverability of the flames. In a sword they are compressed in one line, it takes away the whole awesome effect of him just looking at something and it burning up. They both use chakra, but a sword is a rubbish way to use it.

And I didn't call you names, so don't do so to me. Its childish.

Oh noes, you didn't fucking read what I fucking wrote.

Whatever you may feel looks "awesome" is completely irrelevant to how efficient it actually is. The fact remains that the flames don't use energy once they are out; sticking them on the susanoo armor/sword/arrow/whateverthefuck thus is a one time energy drain, shooting them out just because you think it's cool and shit doesn't mean it's good way to use energy while fucking susanoo is already draining that.

And no I didn't call you names, you may very well not be an idiot; I just said you tried very hard to sound like one, like you did just now again.
    -----------------

Quote Originally Posted by darkshadow View Post
    Whatever you may feel looks "awesome" is completely irrelevant to how efficient it actually is.

Not only did that make me lol, but it summed up what is wrong with this discussion; you apparently knowing what is and what isn't efficient. We are both speculating but you seem to think what you say is gospel. Now either you what are saying can be backed up by facts because

a) You have read something somewhere in the managa that I missed which says an Amaterasu sword is more efficient than Amaterasu flames

b) Failing this, you have got a private line to Kishi which enables you to be privy to information others, including myself, are not

or c) You are speculating (aka talking out of your ass) like I am but unlike me you are taking what you say too seriously. Not going to speculate on why that is, as that might be a bit unkind to you.

If the answer is either a) or b) then I'm indeed an idiot. If its c), then guess what...?

On topic, you don't know if it is a one time energy drain to shape the flames or to keep them in one shape. Adjectives aside, restricting the flames in a narrow space to make a sword/spear/phallus takes away the random element of flames appearing outta no where which would at least take away the element of surprise normally associated with an Amaterasu attack. Plus it needs Susanoo to wield the sword, which I guess isn't a minor chakra spend to say the least. If Sasuke had attacked Madara with a sword in the hands of Susanoo instead of just by looking at him, there would probably be a much lower chance the flames would have touched him.

Awesome user with default custom title poopdeville's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DB_Hunter View Post
    a) You have read something somewhere in the managa that I missed which says an Amaterasu sword is more efficient than Amaterasu flames
    I don't agree with darkshadow often, but this one is pretty obvious. Way back when Itachi attacked Naruto and Jiraiya rescued him, Itachi shot Amaterasu at a wall to make an escape. The black flames stayed on the wall even after Itachi left. (Surprise! Fire keeps burning!) Indeed, somebody said the flames will burn anything, and will do it for seven days and nights.

So: Sasuke can set fire to his sword with a small flash of Amaterasu. The sword will burn and not stop burning for a week. The sword can spread the flames to anything it touches.

Yes, this is obviously more efficient on chakra usage than using eye-lasers to start multiple black fires.

It is much less efficient on Sasuke's pocket book. Wouldn't Amaterasu melt any sword, including his own?
    "After all, I am strangely colored."

I'm not questioning Amaterasu's ability to keep burning but to keep the flames restricted in a specific form for a prolonged period of time. I don't think it's like a candle i.e. use Amaterasu to light something. Like you said, that the flames would burn through everything, unless he has set fire to Susanoo itself, which would seem stupid and self defeating. It seems to be a bunch of flames forced in to the shape of a sword. So to keep something that is inherently wild and unstable in a tight form like a sword would seem like a big chakra drain to me.

Any time I want to see people arguing hypothetical points on an imaginary topic, I just visit Gotwoot.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidnne View Post
    Any time I want to see people arguing hypothetical points on an imaginary topic, I just visit Gotwoot.
    After all, what would be the point of anime forums without these?

Funny thing is he still comes here and reads it at least once a week.... for how many years now? But clearly only bothers to post when he has some serious gold to contribute.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagemane_no_Jutsu View Post
    Funny thing is he still comes here and reads it at least once a week.... for how many years now? But clearly only bothers to post when he has some serious gold to contribute.
    No, the funny thing is how you took what I said as a personal insult. I was only pointing out the humor in two people cursing and calling each other names over something that doesn't even really exist.

Well thats not what you said. I was responding to what you posted, not to what you were thinking as you did.

Thanks for neg repping me guy who lurks here and only posts to show how much smarter he is than everyone else who actually have opinions and enjoy expressing them.

You're welcome, random kid on the internet who cries about rep.

Its not the rep I care bout so much as the act of you doing it. And apparently it matters to you if you actually went and took the time to click it and write me a douchey message.

Well on to something completely different someone may have pointed this out already and I might just have missed it but how is it that Naruto can make his rasenshukriken in his nine tailed mode? I mean didn't he need the clones that can concentrate on mixing the wind chakra into the rasengan since he couldn't do it on his own. Unless those extra arms of his got their own minds that can concentrate on doing all kinds of stuff for him doesn't that mean he should be able to do all the different rasengans on his own without the clones now?
    You are here alone again
    In your sweet insanity
    All too calm, you hide yourself from reality
    Do you call it solitude? Do you call it liberty?
    When all the world turns away to leave you lonely

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fireheart View Post
    Well on to something completely different someone may have pointed this out already and I might just have missed it but how is it that Naruto can make his rasenshukriken in his nine tailed mode? I mean didn't he need the clones that can concentrate on mixing the wind chakra into the rasengan since he couldn't do it on his own. Unless those extra arms of his got their own minds that can concentrate on doing all kinds of stuff for him doesn't that mean he should be able to do all the different rasengans on his own without the clones now?
    Yes and yes, on both accounts.