Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Naruto Chapter 550

Naruto Chapter 550

[MangaStream & Binktopia] Naruto c.550: MediaFire | SendSpace | Online Viewing

Nice chapter, it seems pein is more dangerous by himself than when split up....
    -----------------

Quote Originally Posted by darkshadow View Post
    Nice chapter, it seems pein is more dangerous by himself than when split up....
    Its probably because all paths are on himself. I beleive alive this wasn't posible because of his dried up body. In edo tensei this is possible because the jutsu keeps regenerating his body. If Kishimoto handles this right, this could become the ultimate Nagato/Pain battle.

Itachi's crow was a 1st for Kishimoto... planning ahead!

itachi will go on to face sasuke, and then they wiil live happily ever after with his immortality

ANBU Captain
    I was thinkin the same thing. Oh well atleast now we know the second most powerful ninja...uchiha shisui. That amount of forethought is hilarious and awesome at the same time.
    The 4th and uchiha shisui are characters that are sooo powerful they had to kill them before they got screen time

So, does this mean Itachi has been resurrected? Or he just isn't be controlled by Kabuto anymore? I'm assuming once he makes closure with Sasuke, he will still disintegrate like the others have.

He is no longer under Kabuto's control... but I would assume that is Kabuto releases the technique Itachi should desintegrate. If Itachi manages to remain it will be ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by RyougaZell View Post
    He is no longer under Kabuto's control... but I would assume that is Kabuto releases the technique Itachi should desintegrate. If Itachi manages to remain it will be ridiculous.

Bloody bastard planned this all along. Things are too tiresome right now, I'll just die now and get resurrected later without any work because Oro thinks I'm a badass. Sasuke is going to shit brix when he sees me!
    "My way of joking is to tell the truth. That's the funniest joke in the world."

Quote Originally Posted by RyougaZell View Post
    Technically if Kabuto managed to release Itachi in order to disintegrate him that would mean Itachi had not broken free of Edo Tensei, which he clearly states he has. I think the only way Itachi will disintegrate now is when gets emotional closure, which means Sasuke being saved by Naruto.

Until then, expect a mega Itachi vs Nagato battle, followed by Itachi vs Madara.

Awesome user with default custom title poopdeville's Avatar
    It's too bad Shisui's genjutsu didn't affect Kabuto instead of Itachi... Having the zombie army suddenly flip against Madara would have been mightily useful.

Good chapter though. Itachi's plan was sensible and plausible, given the mythology of the story.
    "After all, I am strangely colored."

Blog Entries
    So why did Itachi use the Genjutsu on himself? Was he not confident that Bee and naruto could take them both on by themselves?

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel View Post
    So why did Itachi use the Genjutsu on himself? Was he not confident that Bee and naruto could take them both on by themselves?
    It was an automatic reaction to his Mangekyo, which was originally intended for Sasuke.

He didn't? Did you forget about the whole "under control edo tensei" thing? He didn't expect it would be used against himself, but against sasuke.
    -----------------

Awesome user with default custom title poopdeville's Avatar
    He didn't use it on himself. The crow activated automatically when it saw his MS. Itachi was planning on being dead at this point.
    "After all, I am strangely colored."

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel View Post
    Here's my take on what happened:

1. Itachi was still under Kabuto's control when he used Mangekyou Sharingan.
    2. The Mangekyou Sharingan was countered with the crow's eye which commanded Itachi to "protect Konoha" instead reversing Kabuto's mind control.
    3. Itachi is still undead, but chances are that he will still be able to disintegrate via emotional closure (which will probably happen after he talks to Sasuke). From the looks of it, Kabuto has lost control of Itachi and cannot dismiss him.

Well, from all of this, I guess this will make the battle between Naruto and Sasuke more balanced now that there is no chance that Naruto has access to the Sharingan anymore unless it turns out that Naruto can tap into his diluted Senju bloodline and pull out a trick to reactivate Shisui's Koto Amatsukami again.

So Shishui's mangekyou can only be activated once every 10 years or faster with Hashirama's chakra, which is why Itachi couldn't use the mangekyou, but apparently Naruto could because of... Yamato's Hashirama chakra? Sometimes I hate the way Kishimoto tries to justify things.

Edit: Also, Danzou took one of the other eyes? That seems a bit scandalous, for him to get away with. Was Itachi part of ROOT? If so, it was possible that Shishui was as well, and so he gave it willingly to Danzou. I don't recall Danzou ever doing anything that utilized Shishui's genjutsu, though.
    Last edited by Assertn; Wed, 08-03-2011 at 04:38 PM.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Wasn't Danzou able to use Izanagi thanks to Shisui's eye?

http://mangastream.com/read/naruto/65686308/18

What the heck is up with the snake and the frog in the middle frame? lol The snake seems to be holding Naruto with it's tongue, but where the heck did it come from??

Quote Originally Posted by Assertn View Post
    So Shishui's mangekyou can only be activated once every 10 years or faster with Hashirama's chakra, which is why Itachi couldn't use the mangekyou, but apparently Naruto could because of... Yamato's Hashirama chakra? Sometimes I hate the way Kishimoto tries to justify things.
    Itachi could have used Shisui's Mangekyou, but chose not to do so against Sasuke because there were meanings he wanted to project on Sasuke so that he could naturally choose the path Itachi had wanted him to do without actually forcing him to do so (that is why the crow acts as a last resort). Naruto was able to use the crow involuntarily because a genjutsu was already placed on the eye to react to another's Mangekyou sight.

Edit: Also, Danzou took one of the other eyes? That seems a bit scandalous, for him to get away with. Was Itachi part of ROOT? If so, it was possible that Shishui was as well, and so he gave it willingly to Danzou. I don't recall Danzou ever doing anything that utilized Shishui's genjutsu, though.
    Itachi was not a part of ROOT. The only reasonable explanation is that Danzou simply went grave-digging up Shisui's body and took his one eye that was left.

Quote Originally Posted by RyougaZell
    Wasn't Danzou able to use Izanagi thanks to Shisui's eye?
    Yes, he was.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidnne
    What the heck is up with the snake and the frog in the middle frame? lol The snake seems to be holding Naruto with it's tongue, but where the heck did it come from??
    I think it's more symbolic rather than anything else. The symbolism was meant to imply that Naruto got trapped/is fighting against a formidable opponent.

That's not a frog, it's Nagato's chameleon summon.