Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Naruto Shippuuden Episode 219

Quote Originally Posted by lelouch View Post
    .......troll?
    Fixed.

To be frank, though, Itachi was a loser. Not because of lack of power, he certainly had enough of that, but because he was manipulated by those in power and slaughtered his own clan. There's simply no justification for that. Furthermore, he handled the case with his brother just as badly. I guess he simply was utterly terrible at communicating with people. No wonder Akatsuki paired him with a shark instead of a human.

Actually, in all honesty, Itachi is one of my favorite characters except for those issues you listed. Thing is they made him who he was. He made a poor decision silencing his clan with Madara's help as well as a poor decision treating his brother the way he did.

Frankly the way Sasuke was treated smells of manipulation by Madara from the very beginning.

And definitely a troll. I was bored, what can I say. Most people like Itachi so he seemed a likely target. Frankly the Naruto forum could use a bit of excitement (not suggesting that I provided any: obvious troll is fail).

I got to agree. Itachi's whole motivation is that he was traumatized by the horrors of war and would do anything to prevent it. I'm pretty sure having your entire clan and family slaughtered is exactly the kind of war atrocity you would be trying to avoid.

I mean, Jesus Christ, what the hell did he see in the 3rd War that was worse than seeing his entire family murdered?

Was it a human centipede?

The Sasuke thing makes about as much sense. He loves Sasuke so much that he spares him, he wants him to be able to live. He does this by going out of his way to ensure Sasuke throws his entire life away pursuing vengeance against him.

"Oh hey Sasuke, making some friends are you? Well, I'm still here and still SUPER pleased I murdered everyone you loved. Better kill your best friend and get a Mangekyo quick if you wanna come at me." Yeah, way to show that love bro.

well this seems fillerfailur so I guess,

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth
    I'm pretty sure having your entire clan and family slaughtered is exactly the kind of war atrocity you would be trying to avoid.
    Except it would happen on a larger scale.

He took the lesser evil of the choice he was given.

Sounds like either the Uchiha would have wiped out all opposition, or would have died trying while taking out as many of them as possible. Right now, only the Uchiha was destroyed.

Let's not take Itachi for a complete dumbass. He was a double agent for both the Konoha higher-ups as well as the Uchiha. I believe he would have a better idea on what's going on between the two more than anybody.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Bill, wiping out your entire clan women and children included because some members of it might have been planning something just won't prove anything but that Itachi was a trigger-happy fool. Or an extreme wrist cutting emo who wanted to take everybody with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    Bill, wiping out your entire clan women and children included because some members of it might have been planning something just won't prove anything but that Itachi was a trigger-happy fool. Or an extreme wrist cutting emo who wanted to take everybody with him.
    They made it seem like the entire Uchiha was against it. At least those who were combat-ready. And remember Naruto's whole spiral-of-hate/revenge thing? That's why you kill your enemy and everybody else that cared about them.

No episode this week? And yeah they did make it seem like most, if not all, of the Uchiha were behind it.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    Let's not take Itachi for a complete dumbass. He was a double agent for both the Konoha higher-ups as well as the Uchiha. I believe he would have a better idea on what's going on between the two more than anybody.
    Really? Because they way they portray it, he was an emotionally traumatized basket case, whose superiors manipulated his trauma to get him to perform an atrocity.

I'm really hoping that the crow Itachi stuffed in Naruto isn't some secret powerup, but a message to Sasuke that explains the truth, and that the truth is something completely different from what has been shown to us up till now.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnder View Post
    I'm really hoping that the crow Itachi stuffed in Naruto isn't some secret powerup, but a message to Sasuke that explains the truth, and that the truth is something completely different from what has been shown to us up till now.
    Pretty sure its going to be some sort of ability, as didn't Itachi say he has given Naruto some of his power when that crow went in? Whether it is something Naruto has control over or if it is an event/trigger based ability remains to be seen.

Quote Originally Posted by DB_Hunter View Post
    Pretty sure its going to be some sort of ability, as didn't Itachi say he has given Naruto some of his power when that crow went in? Whether it is something Naruto has control over or if it is an event/trigger based ability remains to be seen.
    When you put it that way, I want to think it's the ability of the Sharingan to control the Kyuubi.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    When you put it that way, I want to think it's the ability of the Sharingan to control the Kyuubi.
    I don't think he's going to need it. The intro shows him hanging out with Bee. I can't imagine Naruto not demanding Bee teach him how to control his Bijuu.

How big differences could the bijuu have personality wise? It's not like Bee's beast would be any boy scout, but somehow it doesn't seem as utterly evil as Kyuubi. Kyuubi doesn't seem just chaotic but somehow evil, after all. So, it's anybody's guess if it's possible to reach any sort of understanding with it, at least unless Naruto is himself ready to sacrifice something. And he's not exactly the first man around to abandon any principles as we have seen time after time. I think I have said it before, but that's precisely what I'd like to see: Naruto letting go of something to be able to use Kyuubi's power in a more controlled manner.

Well, the only other Bijuu we've really met was Shukaku. And he's seemed just a malevolent as Kyuubi.

If the Eight-tails is less of a dick, I'm assuming it's because of something Bee did.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnder View Post
    I'm assuming it's because of something Bee did.
    It seems to me that it's one of two things: Either we're seeing the difference in personalities of the bijuu or it's a matter of respect. With Gaara and Naruto, their villages went to great lengths to keep the beasts from asserting themselves, so when they actually get to stretch their legs a little, they do whatever they want. With Bee maybe it's a matter of his bijuu knowing that it'll have more chances to come out and play because its host has figured out some controls. So... it's not as cranky all the time since it's not always cooped up.

I'm thinking Shikamaru's dad would make a nice replacement for Root's commander. Tsunade in front(and what a front it is) and Shikaku in back. He made the comment about age but clearly Danzo was older, the guy was around the same age as the elders and Sarutobi. And Tsunade wouldn't have to worry about him trying to undermine her at every turn to make a grab for power, I remember some amiable conversation they had before Shippuuden. Think it involved ingredients or something.

I dunno. I think Kakashi would make a better Root leader.

Besides, it would explain how he'd get Shisui's other eye, which is a thing I want to happen.

I figure that the next time Sasuke goes to Naruto's inner world to squash the 9-Tails, he is going to be in a for a surprise: either outright rejection, or some piece of Itachi waiting for him.

Thing is Sasuke was shown to be able to disperse the 9-Tails at will a while back. This is part of having a Sharingan and Itachi would know it. What better weapon to give Naruto than one that would allow him to confront Sasuke with the power of the 9-Tails?

My guess is both: Itachi will speak to Sasuke, much like the 4th did Naruto, with the 9-Tails and Naruto in audience. Sasuke will go all emo and pursue the path of failure. Itachi will kick him out the door and Naruto will kick his ass in the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by Artris View Post
    I figure that the next time Sasuke goes to Naruto's inner world to squash the 9-Tails, he is going to be in a for a surprise: either outright rejection, or some piece of Itachi waiting for him.
    I think exactly the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Artris View Post
    Itachi will speak to Sasuke, much like the 4th did Naruto
    That's exactly what I think is going to happen.

I think Itachi will explain some truth that Madara has kept from him that should get Sasuke to abandon the path he's on, but Sasuke, being Sasuke, will ignore the revelation and continue to be a dick. At which point Itachi will throw him out of Naruto's mind and Sasuke will have to fight Naruto with his Ninetails power still functioning.