Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Naruto Shippuuden Episode 217

Naruto Shippuuden Episode 217

[HorribleSubs] Naruto Shippuuden 217 - 720p: Torrent | DDL
    [HorribleSubs] Naruto Shippuuden 217 - 480p: Torrent | DDL

1. I already hate Karin less now that she's not fawning over Sasuke.

2. The Cloud's Feudal Lord looks like a straight up pimp.

3. I was kind of hoping for an exciting climax after all those flashbacks, but looks like we're moving right into political breathers.

Sasuke got blind so fast, but how come his brothers eyes can fix this? I thought that Itatichi's was also nearly blind?

Quote Originally Posted by AceAlpha View Post
    Sasuke got blind so fast, but how come his brothers eyes can fix this? I thought that Itatichi's was also nearly blind?
    The whole tale of Madara explained that he used his eyes to complete blindness, in his agony and despair he stole the eyes of his brother and combined them with his own. This gave him the Eternal Mangekyo Sharingan, which never wears out. This isn't a case of swapping eyes, they combine fixing the one downside, so it shouldn't matter what state the other eyes were in, with the slight possibility that completely blind eyes might not work (pure speculation on my part).

Technically if each brother swapped one eye each could they both not have the EMS in one eye, albeit be blind in the other?

Quote Originally Posted by DB_Hunter View Post
    Technically if each brother swapped one eye each could they both not have the EMS in one eye, albeit be blind in the other?
    Probably.

I'm kind of hoping that when they get back to the village, they'll find out Danzou was saving Shisui Uchiha's other eye and Kakashi uses it to make his own Eternal Mangekyo.

Quote Originally Posted by AceAlpha View Post
    It's ninja magic. Don't try to rationalize it.
    Last edited by DarthEnderX; Sat, 06-25-2011 at 11:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnder View Post
    Probably.

I'm kind of hoping that when they get back to the village, they'll find out Danzou was saving Shisui Uchiha's other eye and Kakashi uses it to make his own Eternal Mangekyo.
    I don't think so. I'm pretty sure he used shisui's eye at the summit, and mentioned waiting for it to recover during his fight with sasuke.

Quote Originally Posted by lelouch View Post
    I don't think so. I'm pretty sure he used shisui's eye at the summit, and mentioned waiting for it to recover during his fight with sasuke.
    It's possible Danzou has kept Shisui's other eye in a jar in order to hide the fact he has any; that is, his one visible eye was a perfectly normal, unexciting eye.

Quote Originally Posted by DE
    1. I already hate Karin less now that she's not fawning over Sasuke.
    Let's hope she won't start to fawn over the warm and opposite Naruto now that she found out bad boys aren't so nice hubbies, after all...

Yeah... i think Karin got a wee bit freaked out when she got a peek at the Kyuubi's chakra lol

"Always be yourself... unless you suck."

Most people have two eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    Let's hope she won't start to fawn over the warm and opposite Naruto now that she found out bad boys aren't so nice hubbies, after all...
    That won't happen. Everyone knows it's one Tsundere per harem.

Most people have two eyes...
    Didn't think of that. Though I'm pretty sure it needs to be a mangekyou to combine it to make an eternal mangekyou, and I don't think Shisui's eye was mangekyou.

Didn't think of that. Though I'm pretty sure it needs to be a mangekyou to combine it to make an eternal mangekyou
    Are you sure? When the concept was first introduced, Itachi was going to take Sasuke's eyes even though he didn't have the Mangekyo yet.

Granted, he didn't actually intend to take them, but would they have worked if he had?

Besides, Kakashi has activated the Mangekyo in an eye that wasn't his own before. He could do it again.

Are you sure? When the concept was first introduced, Itachi was going to take Sasuke's eyes even though he didn't have the Mangekyo yet.

Granted, he didn't actually intend to take them, but would they have worked if he had?

Besides, Kakashi has activated the Mangekyo in an eye that wasn't his own before. He could do it again.
    I'm not positive, I just assumed that was the whole reasoning behind the phrase "Come seek me out when you have the same eyes as me", otherwise any Uchiha with a mangekyou could take the eyes of one of their fallen comrades and make it an EMS. Also Itachi could have taken the eyes of any one of the Uchiha he killed and given himself an EMS.

As for Kakashi, if my theory is correct, I don't think he can implant a Sharingan in his left eye, activate mangekyou, and then move it to his right eye.

As for Kakashi, if my theory is correct, I don't think he can implant a Sharingan in his left eye, activate mangekyou, and then move it to his right eye.
    I assumed it would be the same as I thought Itachi would do. Combine the eyes first, then activate the second eyes Mangekyo the same way you activated your own. Instant EMS.

You know, considering that the only requirement for activating a Mangekyo Sharingan seems to be "knowing the pain of losing the person closest to you", I don't understand why every other Uchiha didn't have the Mangekyo. I mean, it's a ninja world. People are dying all the time.

If you don't have to kill the person yourself, wouldn't there be a new Mangekyo everytime a friend of an Uchiha got killed in battle?

If you don't have to kill the person yourself, wouldn't there be a new Mangekyo everytime a friend of an Uchiha got killed in battle?
    I think you do have to kill the person yourself.

I think you do have to kill the person yourself.
    Kakashi didn't kill Ubito.

ANBU Captain
    As long as sasuke can fight close to like 4 hokage level battles in one day and there is a pseudo explanation for it, i dont think there is ever gonna be a way you guys can make sense of sharingan eye transplant shenanigans.

Kakashi didn't kill Ubito.
    Who's to say he wasn't forced to kill a different friend later on? Also I'm pretty sure Itachi explained earlier you have to kill your best friend to get it.

Also I'm pretty sure Itachi explained earlier you have to kill your best friend to get it.
    He also explained that he left Sasuke alive so he could take his eyes.

Who knows what was true and what isn't.

He also explained that he left Sasuke alive so he could take his eyes.

Who knows what was true and what isn't.
    Have a little faith in papa 'tach.