Thread: Naruto Chapter 542

Naruto Chapter 542

online viewing

Let's get this party started!

On the one hand, decent backstory... on the other bah! stalling. grrr
    Last edited by Cal_kashi; Wed, 06-08-2011 at 11:15 AM.
    When man invented the bicycle he reached the peak of his attainments. Here was a machine of precision and balance for the convenience of man. And (unlike subsequent inventions for man's convenience) the more he used it, the fitter his body became. Here, for once, was a product of man's brain that was entirely beneficial to those who used it, and of no harm or irritation to others. Progress should have stopped when man invented the bicycle. ~Elizabeth West, Hovel in theHills

That wasn't too bad. Got a free dose of Yondaime.

Blog Entries
    I wish the mods would lock the manga sections to new threads to everyone except Marik, i hate using the goddamn reader

Lol come on dude that's harsh, I'm sure Cal_Kashi's was just being helpful!

Chapter was good, but then anything involving A and Minato is automatically win.

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel View Post
    I wish the mods would lock the manga sections to new threads to everyone except Marik, i hate using the goddamn reader
    Haha I agree, but that wouldnt be fair to others. There should be an option for each individual user "Only display the section as 'updated' if Marik has posted".

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel View Post
    You know chief, occasionally Marik will link only to online viewing. It's not like i didn't mark that is was online.
    If anything it's a flag saying next chapter is out, go read it in whatever way suits you best.
    When man invented the bicycle he reached the peak of his attainments. Here was a machine of precision and balance for the convenience of man. And (unlike subsequent inventions for man's convenience) the more he used it, the fitter his body became. Here, for once, was a product of man's brain that was entirely beneficial to those who used it, and of no harm or irritation to others. Progress should have stopped when man invented the bicycle. ~Elizabeth West, Hovel in theHills

I don't mind reading it online at all. Thanks Cal :]

Awesome user with default custom title Uchiha Barles's Avatar
    Yup, helped me get the reading this out of the way. Thanks Jigga-Jack.
    "You are not free whose liberty is won by the rigour of other, more righteous souls. Your are merely protected. Your freedom is parasitic, you suck the honourable man dry and offer nothing in return. You who have enjoyed freedom, who have done nothing to earn it, your time has come. This time you will stand alone and fight for yourselves. Now you will pay for your freedom in the currency of honest toil and human blood."

- Inquisitor Czevak

boring chapter. and it seems like the flashback is not over yet :/

so only animus and mfauli comment on the chapter? god damn it Archie. stop deviating threads just because you don't like online viewing. many of us only have that option.

about the chapter...

WTF with Minato praising his enemy like that? Did he 'sense' he was a good guy so he didn't fight to the end or whatever? How can he easily label someone as Madara or Orochimaru as plain evil... but walk away from a battle like this?

Yeah, that scene felt extremely contrieved. Talking to deadly enemies like that, ugh.

Also, elaborating on why i think the flashback sucks: There are TWO reasons to have flashbacks. One, to flesh out popular and important characters. Two, to reveal some important plot-point. Sure, the flashback isnt over, but so far, there certainly wasnt anything of plot-relevance. And as for #1, maybe I see that wrongly, but Raikage and Killerbee are nowhere near the importance of justifying a flashback exclusively for their own fleshing out. When I get flashbacks about Narutoīs or Sasukeīs past, itīs obvious why it is relevant. When Gaara got a flashback, it was relevant, too, because he was the main villain at that time, so it had plot relevancy. When Neji got a flashback, it was relevant because he was fighting Naruto, made even more relevant due to the fact that Hinata was his friend.
    Raikage and Killerbee arent relevant. Bee taught Naruto a bit, but that was so shallow that it didnt have any impact on the reader. Raikage is a hot-headed nation-leader who got pwned by Sasuke, not an interesting person at all. Or, to be more specific, both Raikage and Bee are plot-elements, rather than likeable characters. Thatīs why *I* dont care about this flashback.

Quote Originally Posted by MFauli View Post
    Yeah, that scene felt extremely contrieved. Talking to deadly enemies like that, ugh.

Also, elaborating on why i think the flashback sucks: There are TWO reasons to have flashbacks. One, to flesh out popular and important characters. Two, to reveal some important plot-point. Sure, the flashback isnt over, but so far, there certainly wasnt anything of plot-relevance. And as for #1, maybe I see that wrongly, but Raikage and Killerbee are nowhere near the importance of justifying a flashback exclusively for their own fleshing out. When I get flashbacks about Narutoīs or Sasukeīs past, itīs obvious why it is relevant. When Gaara got a flashback, it was relevant, too, because he was the main villain at that time, so it had plot relevancy. When Neji got a flashback, it was relevant because he was fighting Naruto, made even more relevant due to the fact that Hinata was his friend.
    Raikage and Killerbee arent relevant. Bee taught Naruto a bit, but that was so shallow that it didnt have any impact on the reader. Raikage is a hot-headed nation-leader who got pwned by Sasuke, not an interesting person at all. Or, to be more specific, both Raikage and Bee are plot-elements, rather than likeable characters. Thatīs why *I* dont care about this flashback.
    The way I see it the purpose of this flashback is to make Bee convincing Raikage to let Naruto through believable.

Except that nobody really cares since Naruto could just push through, so basically it's just an unnecessary delay opting for peaceful solution :P

Kishimonto has a problem with the timing of his flashbacks. they are always far too late for me to care.

so, other than pumping up the epic how fast Naruto is, I don't see the reason. it's been six tailed-beasts too late for me to give a shit about how jinchurinki's need heart and friendships.

sig made by Itachi-y2k5, thanks, dude!
    Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.