Thread: Light Novel Recommendations

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    An Update:

So I'm a Spider, So What? - Really like it. First 2 or so novels are heavy on level grinding, but things are picking up. I love the main character's voice. Looks like an anime adaptation is coming.

Der Werwolf - Read the 3 volumes, enjoyed it. I personally liked the first volume more than the rest because it was somewhat refreshing. The other two volumes didn't live up to what I was expecting it seems, but still decent read. Fourth volume should be coming out soon if not mistaken.

Archdemon's Dilemma - I've only read the 1st volume, and honestly didn't care for it. Does it get any better? I guess everything came off as too silly.

Arifureta - Objectively, one of the better Isekai series, damn good protagonist in my opinion. His charm decreases as the series goes on though, it also suffers from too much harem intervention. Anime coming up, which can be great if they don't focus too much on the harem aspects. The action can potentially be quite brutal.

The Magic in this Other World is Too Far Behind! - This one I'm enjoying also, has a pretty good protagonist. Has some harem in it, but honestly it's not taking much away from the story... yet.

Other series recommendations, not mentioned in this thread yet, would be welcome, particularly if they have official translations out (not a requirement though).
    Last edited by Munsu; Mon, 05-27-2019 at 06:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Munsu View Post
    So I'm a Spider, So What? | Arifureta | The Magic in this Other World is Too Far Behind!
    I've read what's out of the manga of Kumo desu ga and Arifureta. They are both fairly interesting, with Spider retaining perhaps more of the initial drive. It feels like Arifureta has lost some of its way, though, which often happens to series with an angry protagonist. I'm looking forward to anime.

With Magic too far behind, I read what the fantranslator had time to translate of the novels before it was licensed. It was quite good, and didn't show terribly much degeneration over the volumes I could read, although of course it couldn't avoid it entirely. The characters remained interesting, at least.

I don't really read that many light novels, though. I have read a few xianxia novels instead.