Thread: Naruto Shippuuden Episode 206

Naruto Shippuuden Episode 206

Naruto Shippuden 206

Quote Originally Posted by Marik View Post
    [HorribleSubs] Naruto Shippuuden 206 - 720p: Torrent | DDL
    [HorribleSubs] Naruto Shippuuden 206 - 480p: Torrent | DDL
    [Narutoverse] NARUTO Shippuden 206 - avi: Torrent | DDL

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Kisame better not die. His previous fights were never this good and just looked like he's all "my blade will eat you!!". It's still occurring here, but slow-mo analysis is pretty awesome.

Oh, and we actually got some proper ninja movement other than tree hopping and hands-free running.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

You mean the skiiing? Yeah, that was pretty awesome.

Fucking Naruto man, spends his whole life a pariah, now all of a sudden, it's raining bitches. He becomes a Sage and all of a sudden they can't wait to tell him how much they love him now. No wonder Jirayia was such a playa.

I do find it hilarious though that even though WE know she's telling the truth, Naruto thinks she's bullshitting him. That kid can't get out of his own fucking way sometimes.

The opening is encouraging, showing Naruto and Bee together. Although most of the stuff in the opening looked like things that had already happened.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by darth
    I do find it hilarious though that even though WE know she's telling the truth, Naruto thinks she's bullshitting him. That kid can't get out of his own fucking way sometimes.
    huh?

She's so bullshitting. She doesn't love Naruto romantically because he saved the village, and she hasn't stopped loving Sasuke because he's now a major criminal. It was painful watching her lie, and painful watching Naruto hear her out.

I do think it's possible that what she says now becomes the truth later on (like, near the end) of the series - but by then Naruto's either not believing, or just has his hands full and doesn't take it seriously. Not unlike Tsunade's little realisation before Jiraiya kicked the bucket.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Yeah... i thought it was kinda obvious that Sakura was just talking shit to get Naruto to drop his promise/quest to save Sasuke.

If for some reason she was actually completely sincere and really told the truth they did it all wrong because i didn't believe a word she said :P

"Always be yourself... unless you suck."

Kinda obvious Sakura just doesn't want Sasuke to get beaten by Naruto because she's still such a Sasuke lover.
    Hope we'll have an episode with more action than drama next week.

Sakura...
    Hakke Rokujūyon Shō!

Sakura's confession was anything but believable. It's a bit strange she seemed to believe it would work; she seemed that sure of herself when she assured the others she will take care of Naruto. Either she was overestimating herself or underestimating Naruto. Of couse she's more used to the goofy Naruto than any village saving sage. Nevertheless I'm glad Naruto behaved like he did, no matter if he did it because he actually loves Sasuke more than Sakura... But at least he stayed true to his character and didn't compromise (even if it means he'll die alone).

I'd like to see if Kisame can fight without that sword. He seems to be relying so much on its functionality.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    huh?

She's so bullshitting. She doesn't love Naruto romantically because he saved the village, and she hasn't stopped loving Sasuke because he's now a major criminal. It was painful watching her lie, and painful watching Naruto hear her out.
    I mean the part about her loving Naruto. We know from the arc where Naruto fought Orochimaru that she does. Even Yamato realized it.

It felt to me like the part she was saying out loud at the beginning was Bullshit, but after she held onto him and was talking in his ear where the others couldn't hear her she was talking more about her real feelings.

So the part about Naruto being a hero and Sasuke being a criminal was lies, but the part where she realizes Naruto has always been there for her while Sasuke keeps moving away from her is the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    Kisame better not die. His previous fights were never this good and just looked like he's all "my blade will eat you!!".
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    I'd like to see if Kisame can fight without that sword. He seems to be relying so much on its functionality.
    You know, he had an entire huge battle against Gai where he didn't really use the sword. Back during the Gaara retrieval arc.
    Last edited by DarthEnderX; Thu, 04-07-2011 at 03:46 PM.

A fight with Gai is below the current level of fighting, I reckon.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnder
    It felt to me like the part she was saying out loud at the beginning was Bullshit, but after she held onto him and was talking in his ear where the others couldn't hear her she was talking more about her real feelings.

So the part about Naruto being a hero and Sasuke being a criminal was lies, but the part where she realizes Naruto has always been there for her while Sasuke keeps moving away from her is the truth.
    I don't think a romanticistic person like Naruto would settle for a I can't have him so I'll settle for the safe second choice type of love. If he can't win Sakura from Sasuke fair and square, he'll go without. That's why he didn't believe for a second what Sakura said, even if Sakura actually had developed some genuine feelings (I'm sure she has some, more mature and far less burning kind of feelings). Just looking at Sakura's face during the scene gave me the impression she was giving up a dream and settling for something less but more realistic.

I felt that sakura was lying as well. whats more it was a despicable thing to do to offer naruto that love in order to manipulate him, knowing full well how Naruto really loves her. Love should be freely given without bargaining or ulterior motives. my already dismal opinion Sakura just sank to all new lows. what a self-centered bitch. (besides we all know Hinata is way more deserving (and hotter) then sakura)
    Meanwhile I hope that the Kisame Vs Bee fight doesn't turn into "I'll over-power samehada by producing more chakra then he can eat and thereby causing it to assplode". It would be great to see some more eight-sword technique and hand-to-hand.

No matter what Sakura actually feels like towards Naruto (like it was mentioned already she has feelings for him by now anyway) what she did there was just incredibly dumb and noooooobody bought it.

What she did achieve, though, was to hurt Naruto by her failed manipulation.

Going after Sasuke -> she mad?!

Quote Originally Posted by SilentSnake View Post
    Going after Sasuke -> she mad?!
    She underestimated Naruto. I'm sure she's underestimating Sasuke as well.

A fight with Gai is below the current level of fighting, I reckon.
    no wai. admittedly in the last fight between them, Gai only used 3 gates(i think) and the kisame-clone was 1/10 his actual power, but i believe that the advantage is still with gai. Kisame is used to fighting people with massive chakra and flashy ninjitsu, but there are no other pure taijitsu users like rock and Gai in narutoverse.
    gai's taijutsu only technique with at least 7 gates (or even the full eight) shouldn't be scoffed at.

Sakura telling she's fallen for Naruto was indeed horseshit and he responded accordingly. Personally I'd slap the bitch around a bit for being all high and mighty, selfish and disrespectful to me like that. And when she was talking into his ears he responded as expected; she's a fool to think Naruto did all he did to get to Sasuke just for Sakura's sake. The bond Naruto has with Sasuke is obviously stronger than she has with him (Sasuke), which may come off a little fruity. But seeing Naruto's Nindo and his goal to become the Hokage at some point make his actions appropriate. A rogue ninja from your own village, especially one from your team, should be apprehended and dealt with appropriately. The heroics he displays while trying this show his potential and will work in his favor when the time comes to select the 6th. I'd also rather see Naruto wind up with Hinata than that pink hag.

Everything felt necessary for story development and it was all-in-all a good ep but I agree, a little less conversation and a little more action please.

Now... we can click as warriors... button to button, it is the basis of all internet.
    Only a fool trusts his life to a virus.

Naruto handled that perfectly. I would have made vocal my supreme disappointment in Sakura for underestimating my intelligence to such a degree. She did just about the worse thing she could: she emotionally whored herself out to Naruto, and assumed he wouldn't see through it or care.

Maybe her intentions were good. Still, very demeaning.

Quote Originally Posted by anime nomad View Post
    my already dismal opinion Sakura just sank to all new lows. what a self-centered bitch.
    That's just stupid. She's TRYING to get him to stop throwing his life away chasing Sasuke.

Sai basically told her like two episodes ago that a promise she forced Naruto to make when they were dumb kids is basically consuming his entire life. She's trying to get him to abandon that stupid promise.

How is that being self-centered?

I don't think a romanticistic person like Naruto would settle for a I can't have him so I'll settle for the safe second choice type of love.
    I don't really see how realizing that your first choice has become a complete scumbag is the same as settling for your second choice. It's more like realizing that your second choice should have been your first choice all along.

To say that she's settling implies that she still wants Sasuke more than Naruto, and I don't think that's the case.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnder View Post
    That's just stupid. She's TRYING to get him to stop throwing his life away chasing Sasuke.

Sai basically told her like two episodes ago that a promise she forced Naruto to make when they were dumb kids is basically consuming his entire life. She's trying to get him to abandon that stupid promise.

How is that being self-centered?
    Exactly because she is trying to get him to abandon his promise with no consideration to how it affects him. Narutos way of the ninja is to never go back on his word. she now asks him to break his nindo.
    she believes that Naruto is chasing sasuke because of his promise to her, and if she releases that promise he will stop chasing sasuke.
    thats about as self centered as they come.
    Last edited by anime nomad; Fri, 04-08-2011 at 02:41 AM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnder View Post
    I don't really see how realizing that your first choice has become a complete scumbag is the same as settling for your second choice. It's more like realizing that your second choice should have been your first choice all along.
    That's perfect mature and realistic thinking, but I don't honestly believe Naruto would care a bit for such a thing. We have seen repeatedly he's a very passionate guy believing in justice and honest competition, and what's more, like Nomad said, he's also extremely stubborn about not leaving unfinished business behind. Sakura basically asked him to forget everything and take a shortcut. Perhaps this also indicates he's not that deeply in love with Sakura after all, and half of his crush was actually the deside to win her from Sasuke, his eternal rival. I'm a fool who would like to see romances even in stock shounen shows, but they need to be romantic romances, not something little better than arranged marriages of ulterior motives, crushed dreams, and stifled feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by anime nomad View Post
    Exactly because she is trying to get him to abandon his promise with no consideration to how it affects him. Narutos way of the ninja is to never go back on his word. she now asks him to break his nindo.
    she believes that Naruto is chasing sasuke because of his promise to her, and if she releases that promise he will stop chasing sasuke.
    thats about as self centered as they come.
    Uh, no. It's not. Naruto's Nindo is fucking stupid.

It's heroic and all and it makes for good storytelling, but Sasuke is a murdering shitbag at this point. Continuing to try and "save" him at this point because he made a promise when he was 11 to a girl he had a crush on is incredibly dumb and self destructive.

Sakura is RIGHT to try and get him to break his promise. He's throwing his life away in the pursuit of someone that doesn't deserve his help. His happiness and well being are more important to her than his stupid code.

That's perfect mature and realistic thinking, but I don't honestly believe Naruto would care a bit for such a thing. We have seen repeatedly he's a very passionate guy believing in justice and honest competition, and what's more, like Nomad said, he's also extremely stubborn about not leaving unfinished business behind.
    I'm not arguing that Naruto's response is appropriate. It is.

I don't take issue with the fact that Naruto doesn't believe her, I take issue with the fact that the viewers don't believe her. I simply don't believe she's bullshitting as much as everyone is saying she is. I think she cares more about Naruto than Sasuke at this point and she's right to try and get him to stop.

For the sake of the story, she'll fail to convince him, but I don't get all the hate directed at her for trying.
    Last edited by DarthEnderX; Fri, 04-08-2011 at 05:47 AM.

granted his nindo is retarded. however it is what defines him as a man and a ninja.
    'I never go back on my word ! ..... except if the person I gave my word to releases me from my promises' ?
    these excuses are for lesser men - certainly not the main characters of shonen anime. it matters not whether sakura releases him or not, once he has said he will do something, the only honorable path left for him is to do it or die trying - He can make no compromises to his word. that is an ideal worth aspiring to. Sakuras actions insulted these ideals - and that is what drives my dislike of her.
    the reason I dont believe her is because of the situation directly leading up to her professing her "love" :
    The younger council of konoha decree that they must kill sasuke, and ask for team 7s consent.
    Sakura takes on the task of convincing naruto of the need to kill sasuke.
    Sakura goes all the way out to the snow country to tell Naruto that she loves him and asks him to stop chasing sasuke.
    The events leading up to her confession just make the confession less credible in my opinion.