Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Naruto Shippuuden Episode 206

Oh, well, as far as I can judge, the problem is that Sakura underestimated Naruto by imagining he would drop the chase simply by receiving a confession from her. She was surely thinking what's best for the village and Naruto himself from an objective point of view. She had convinced herself Sasuke is a lost cause. However, this sort of thing can't work unless Naruto agrees on all the points as well, and anybody could have told Sakura he will not - if only she had revealed her foolish plan to anybody. So, the sole culprit of this fiasco was Sakura alone, and nothing but ill feelings came out of it, resulting in both of them only getting hurt. All in all I think the hate her actions (and herself) thus received are not unfounded.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth
    To say that she's settling implies that she still wants Sasuke more than Naruto, and I don't think that's the case.
    I do. Just because you "realise" someone's a "better choice" because they were always there for you doesn't automatically mean they win over whoever had your heart the whole time. I'm sure she loves Naruto to some degree - but she will not see him on the same level as Sasuke romantically.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad
    'I never go back on my word ! ..... except if the person I gave my word to releases me from my promises' ?
    these excuses are for lesser men - certainly not the main characters of shonen anime. it matters not whether sakura releases him or not, once he has said he will do something, the only honorable path left for him is to do it or die trying
    Mmm... I don't think that's quite right.

e.g. if I ordered spaghetti, then told you to not worry about it - it's not exactly "manly" or "honourable" to still shove it at me because "you promised you'd do so". I can't remember how strongly Sakura told Naruto the drop the promise though.

On second thoughts though, this might have been a one-in-a-lifetime chance for Naruto to bang her.. and he passed it up XD.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

You know, she could have simply talked with him about the case, being honest here would work better than this shit she pulled out her ass.

She was not successful exactly BECAUSE she wanted to use Naruto's feelings to make him change his mind.

I understand her intentions might have been good, but she's telling herself "sorry, Naruto" for a reason.

Imo let Sasuke kill Sakura, Sasuke then feels better and comes back to Konoha. Naruto gets Hinata, Sasuke revives clan by ravaging Karin = problem solved

Man, Karin is even worse than Sakura.

At least Sakura developed a crush on Sasuke when he was just a troubled kid. Karin somehow managed to fall in love with dickbag Sasuke.

That's probably the thing about Sasuke that pisses me off the most. It's not that he's gamebreakingly powerful, it's that he inspires this ridiculous loyalty in people for NO reason. He's a totally asshole, but he keeps attracting all these minions that are willing to sacrifice their lives to save him.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnder View Post
    Man, Karin is even worse than Sakura.

At least Sakura developed a crush on Sasuke when he was just a troubled kid. Karin somehow managed to fall in love with dickbag Sasuke.
    Sakura liked Sasuke because he's hot.

Karin liked Sasuke because his chakra turned her on.

They act one way towards him, and act like douchebags in front of others (Naruto/Suigetsu).

They're not too different.

Half of the girls liked Sasuke back then, simply because he looked cool and excelled at every ninja art. And maybe also because he was a tragic case and they wanted to console him. I wouldn't call it very developed or mature love, and Sasuke left before Sakura had a chance to develop it any further. So, one might say she loved an ideal, not a man, so it doesn't matter how much of a scumbag Sasuke really have been of late. Karin's case is a bit different but I deem her shuriken is missing a few points anyway so it's probably pointless to try to judge her taste.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    So, one might say she loved an ideal, not a man, so it doesn't matter how much of a scumbag Sasuke really have been of late.
    True, but one would hope at this point she's realized that the man Sasuke is is NOT the ideal that she was in love with.

Whether she realizes that he never really WAS that ideal in the first place though, who knows.

True, but one would hope at this point she's realized that the man Sasuke is is NOT the ideal that she was in love with.

Whether she realizes that he never really WAS that ideal in the first place though, who knows.
    ...shes a cartoon character...

Quote Originally Posted by Mizuchi View Post

Well there's that, and also love just never adds up logically. You cant base it on any facts or reasoning. Theres only a feeling of you want to be next to this person and you don't care about anything else. It takes a lot to laugh it takes a train to cry. And its gonna take a train running over sakura to stop her from wanting to be with the douche. With him behind the.... acceleration stick thing... barreling it towards her.

The more he pulls away the more shes gonna wanna be close thats just how it is almost always in life. Well you haveta be likeable first then start to pull away. Doesnt work too well if you skip the cool part and just go straight to douchebag. Personally, I hate it and all kinds of mind games that we all play on a daily basis. But thats the way it is. Right now my thoughts are falling out my ass with anxiety cause Im pritty sure thats what this girl I just met is doing. If she wasn't a perfect10 I wouldnt be thinking about it, but she not only is sweet, interesting, and shares a lot of the same ideals.... but shes also the sexiest thing I've ever laid eyes on, let alone laid, but yea. First two nights together.... amazing, perfect. Now I havent heard from her in two days and IM STARTING TO SWEAT GUYS. What should I do? Im gonna try my best to stop contacting her until she hits me up. But I guess thats all I can do.... -_____-

And btw guy we know its a cartoon but we like to think of them as real people with real emotions to try to get into the story more. Kindof like when you watch a movie, those might be actors up there.... but you still can let yourself be impacted by their interactions and think on it because if its good enough to make you think it usually reflects true life pritty damn well. And after watching a show for what now... 5 years? I think its pritty safe to assume we're in that deep.

I believe she loved him because he was pretty, was good at ninjutsu and had a cool demeanour (though I'm sure she would have loved it if he dropped the last part when around her - especially if it's ONLY around her).

He's still every one of those things.

I don't think the Uchiha being wiped out have anything to do with their feelings for him, other than him being the one-and-only elite Uchiha - which is more a coolness thing than a sympathetic one.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    I believe she loved him because he was pretty, was good at ninjutsu and had a cool demeanour (though I'm sure she would have loved it if he dropped the last part when around her - especially if it's ONLY around her).

He's still every one of those things.
    I would like to think that, even when she was younger, her ideal was "pretty, skilled, cool, NOT a mass murderer." And now he's "pretty, skilled, cool, mass murderer".

So nothing about the show is worth discussing. So I guess you never have to post here again.

Mizuchi, the comment of hope of Sakura's realization was intended from a plot and character development point of view. I don't think DarthEnder had a real and deep, genuine concern for Sakura as a person that she wouldn't realize Sasuke is not the boy she fell in love with. She is, afterall, a cartoon, and this is a story.

Jounin
    The fact that Sakura's confessions was faked and forced, I believe had the opposite effect. Naruto can't trust Sakura the way he once did and I imagine he's hurt more emotionally now than he was when Sakura chose Sasuke. I believe Sakura did more harm than good by trying to play on Naruto's feelings for her.

I am glad he did say his true feelings to Sakura on what he thought was right and wrong. A promise is a promise and breaking that promise would not be correct in Naruto's mind regardless of the circumstances.

I guess the ball is in Naruto's court now on that matter.

If it's Naruto's he'll probably keep at it, learning powerfull jutsu's till he owns everyone/thing and sets things right.

Now... we can click as warriors... button to button, it is the basis of all internet.
    Only a fool trusts his life to a virus.

What Jutsu is Naruto going to learn that is somehow going to set things right with all those samurai Sasuke just murdered a couple weeks ago?

What Jutsu is Naruto going to learn that is somehow going to set things right with all those samurai Sasuke just murdered a couple weeks ago?
    He'd have to develop mad genjutsu skill other than his heart-swaying speeches :P

If they're true samurai warriors, they've gone to battle prepared to die. And by setting things right I mean that those who've gone rogue will get what's coming to them and justice will be served.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentSnake View Post
    He'd have to develop mad genjutsu skill other than his heart-swaying speeches :P
    I'm pretty sure there's tons of jutsu's, other than Sage-jutsu, out there that will allow countering even Sasuke's mighty Mangekyou Sharingan. And if there's someone who can learn even the hardest jutsu out there, it's the talentless lead character in the series.

Now... we can click as warriors... button to button, it is the basis of all internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Killa-Eyez View Post
    I'm pretty sure there's tons of jutsu's, other than Sage-jutsu, out there that will allow countering even Sasuke's mighty Mangekyou Sharingan. And if there's someone who can learn even the hardest jutsu out there, it's the talentless lead character in the series.
    If Naruto could ever get the Kyuubi to cooperate with him, he could make himself immune to genjutsu by having the fox kick in with a surge of nasty chakra whenever he's bound by it. Only thing is, if the sharingan can control the fox, then it will likely not work against sharingan-genjutsus. Just like how Sasuke dispelled the fox that time he looked into Naruto.

Do we know that ANY Sharingan can control the Tailed Beasts? Maybe it's just one of Madara's Mangekyou powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Killa-Eyez View Post
    Naruto needs to go get Pain's eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    If Naruto could ever get the Kyuubi to cooperate with him, he could make himself immune to genjutsu by having the fox kick in with a surge of nasty chakra whenever he's bound by it. Only thing is, if the sharingan can control the fox, then it will likely not work against sharingan-genjutsus. Just like how Sasuke dispelled the fox that time he looked into Naruto.
    But if it's only chakra he'd need then control by the Sharingan would be futile cause it wouldn't be the actual fox.

Do we know that ANY Sharingan can control the Tailed Beasts? Maybe it's just one of Madara's Mangekyou powers.
    It seems that Madara and Sasuke are the only two who can tame the fox, maybe cause of their Mangekyou Sharingan. Yet at the time Sasuke was inside Naruto he didn't use/have his Mangekyou ability. The fox also commented on the Sharingan being a power and chakra more sinister than his own back in episode 1.

Naruto needs to go get Pain's eyes.
    That would be pretty awesome.