Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Naruto Shippuuden Episode 204 [Canon]

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnder View Post
    If you're being scientific about it, sure. Whose to say Kishi is being scientific about it.

She specifically states she has two Bloodline Limits, and it's called Vapor Style: Solid Fog Jutsu.

When a jutsu starts with "Suchandsuch Style:" the suchandsuch is the Element. So one can assume that Vapor Style is a combined element.
    I did some searching and supposedly the technique is called:
    沸遁・巧霧の術
    Futton - Koumu no Jutsu

I'm not good enough to say what would be a good translation but looking at some dictionaries:
    沸 (fut) = seethe; boil; ferment; uproar; breed
    遁 (ton) = flee; escape; shirk; evade; set free
    巧 (kou) = adroit; skilled; ingenuity
    霧 (mu) = fog; mist
    術 (jutsu) = art; technique; skill; means; trick; resources; magic

For 沸遁 and 巧霧 I find no words in the dictionary. They do like to put together kanji to form new ones.

Quote Originally Posted by TNTxTNT View Post
    I did some searching and supposedly the technique is called:
    沸遁・巧霧の術
    Futton - Koumu no Jutsu

I'm not good enough to say what would be a good translation but looking at some dictionaries:
    沸 (fut) = seethe; boil; ferment; uproar; breed
    遁 (ton) = flee; escape; shirk; evade; set free
    巧 (kou) = adroit; skilled; ingenuity
    霧 (mu) = fog; mist
    術 (jutsu) = art; technique; skill; means; trick; resources; magic

For 沸遁 and 巧霧 I find no words in the dictionary. They do like to put together kanji to form new ones.
    Well, the "ton" is the word that always gets translated as "Style" or "Release" in an elemental jutsu.

For example: "Katon:" is "Fire Style:" or "Fire Release:". "Douton:" is "Earth Style:" or "Earth Release:".

So given that, if Fut means what you say then "Futton:" would be "Boil Style:" or "Boil Release:"

Which certainly makes it sound a lot more like Fire+Water element.
    Last edited by DarthEnderX; Sun, 03-27-2011 at 02:42 PM.

From some quick google research I found that you can use certain minerals to adjust the acidity of water. So maybe you mix water with some of those earth minerals to lower the pH level, heat it up a bit, then Presto! Acid Steam.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Fire and Water Jutsu combined.

Water for the acid.
    Fire to vapourise it.

Last time I heard, Water plus Earth gave Wood.

PS: Zetsu's awesome.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    Last time I heard, Water plus Earth gave Wood.
    Huh huh...wood.

But yeah, that makes the most sense to me. She has two Bloodline Limits. One for combining Fire and Earth Styles into Lava Style, one for combining Water and Fire Styles into Boil Style.

As she's not related to the First Hokage, she doesn't have the Bloodline Limit that would let her combine Earth and Water Styles into Wood Style.

I also noticed that other translations are calling the Tsuchikage's Particle Style "Dust Release". Possible Earth+Air Bloodline Limit?

Quote Originally Posted by x2dazee View Post
    The second wasn't Madara, it was the 1st Hokage's younger brother who was an expert in Mizu (Water Style/based) Jutsus.
    Ah ok... I thought I remembered something at the end of the Sasuke vs Naruto arc at Valley of the End where they said the First and Second fought, and somehow I thought the 2nd was Madara... My memory isn't the greatest.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kmkze04 View Post
    Ah ok... I thought I remembered something at the end of the Sasuke vs Naruto arc at Valley of the End where they said the First and Second fought, and somehow I thought the 2nd was Madara... My memory isn't the greatest.

The first and second fought? FYI the two statues where Naruto vs Sasuke happened depict the 1st and Madara.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~