Thread: Tapatalk plugin

Tapatalk plugin

Tapatalk fairly nice app for accessing forums via mobile devices.

Requires forum admin to install plugin, curious if it's ever been tried here?
    Makes browsing/posting while on phone lot handier.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Any admins had a look at this? Can't say how hard it would be to implement, but I'm all for better mobile foruming.

I may not end up using myself though, since it looks like the theme in Mobile View is determined by Tapatalk, and I like the GW colour scheme.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Benevolent Dictator
    Blog Entries
    So .... I get to install a plugin on the forums, and then you get to pay a third party 3 bucks to use it? Sounds ... err .... great?

I get it though ... I could do that at some point I guess.

Meanwhile, with vbulletin 4.1.2 they released an official "mobile" style, which they're still calling beta.

I'll get there sometime in the not-too-distant future, but maybe not until April. I'm a bit more focused on how I'm going to completely restack and partially rearrange my server room, at the moment ... it's kind of all-consuming.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by complich8 View Post
    So .... I get to install a plugin on the forums, and then you get to pay a third party 3 bucks to use it? Sounds ... err .... great?
    I thought that initially too, but people pay for apps all the time these days that I don't think much of it anymore.

On my Nokia, it'll actually be free.

In the end, if the mobile vbulletin is coming, I'll likely end up using that instead. A handful of users who are used to Tapatalk might like that better, so who knows.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

I'd definitely use the vbulletin theme instead. But my basic phone's web browsing capabilities are shitty anyway, so it's not like it would make much of a difference.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by complich8 View Post

I get it though ... I could do that at some point I guess.

Meanwhile, with vbulletin 4.1.2 they released an official "mobile" style, which they're still calling beta.

I'll get there sometime in the not-too-distant future, but maybe not until April. I'm a bit more focused on how I'm going to completely restack and partially rearrange my server room, at the moment ... it's kind of all-consuming.
    Looking forward to it

Any chance of this getting installed at some point if it hasn't already?
    I think I know precisely what I mean
    when I say it's a schpadoinkle day

Tapatalk is awful.

From the perspective of an observer, implementing it is atrocious and would be a great annoyance. On my iTouch, I'm constantly nagged about getting Tapatalk every time I go to a forum that has implemented it or have cleared my cookies. When others post using Tapatalk, they're usually not aware that their Tapatalk signature automatically posts a line something under the lines of "this was posted by Tapatalk on my mobile device" (not too sure if the developers have fixed it yet). It's like the annoying "sent from my iPod" signature automatically enabled if you don't turn it off and makes the poster look like an arrogant asshole.