Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Naruto Shippuuden Episode 197-198 (Canon)

Naruto Shippuuden Episode 197-198 (Canon)

The fillers are over for now, at least...

[HorribleSubs] Naruto Shippuuden 197 - 720p: Torrent | DDL
    [HorribleSubs] Naruto Shippuuden 197 - 480p: Torrent | DDL

[HorribleSubs] Naruto Shippuuden 198 - 720p: Torrent | DDL
    [HorribleSubs] Naruto Shippuuden 198 - 480p: Torrent | DDL

---

[Nipponsei] NARUTO Shippuuden ED16 Single - Mayonaka no Orchestra [Aqua Timez].zip

Oh, yeah! Now we are back to business, it seems. I enjoyed these eps. I don't really know what manner of a point Naruto was making by having himself beaten half-way to permanent disfigurement by the unreasonable bitch, but that's a minor gripe - perhaps not even that considering it's Naruto we are talking about. Making sense isn't his specialty. He could have simply told them everything he knew, except for Sasuke's part. He didn't even specifically say he would tell them about Sasuke in the first place. I guess hanging around Sakura for so long has made him an M...

It's good to be able to look forward to the next Naruto ep once again.

I think he explained what his reasoning was. That if he let her beat the shit out of him, she wouldn't want to kill Sasuke anymore.

Anyway, a Kage Summit! That sounds badass. We get to meet the other two.

I was expecting Sasuke to react more when Zetsu said he thought Naruto was stronger. Either he just doesn't care, or he doesn't believe it.

It's been a while. I was beginning to think the fillers would never end.

Really good episodes! The fighting, even if short lived, was very nice. Naruto fought like the bad-ass he is actually supposed to be, very refreshing. I kind of expected naruto to gather Nature energy to heal faster.

I'm very excited for this arc.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessper View Post
    I kind of expected naruto to gather Nature energy to heal faster.
    Doesn't he heal fast enough with the Kyuubi chakra already?

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnder
    I think he explained what his reasoning was. That if he let her beat the shit out of him, she wouldn't want to kill Sasuke anymore.
    Yeah, and that always works, right? Only a complete scumbag would actually feel better after beating an outsider instead, but a complete scumbag would still go ahead and kill Sasuke nonetheless. Logic dictates it's useless no matter how you look at it, so unless Naruto is an honest M or for some strange reason feels he's responsible for Sasuke's fell deeds, it makes zero sense. That's my point.

Finally back on track, good solid double-ep.

"Always be yourself... unless you suck."

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    for some strange reason feels he's responsible for Sasuke's fell deeds, it makes zero sense. That's my point.
    He may not feel personally responsible for Sasuke's actions, but it's clear he feels responsible for the being the one to end the cycle of vengeance and violence. And to that end, he's trying to take on the consequences of Sasuke's actions.

And can you honestly say it was ineffective? It may not have worked great on the woman, but he clearly won over the other guy with his actions.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessper View Post
    I kind of expected naruto to gather Nature energy to heal faster..
    I think if he's just healed himself instantly, then there wouldn't have been any meaning to letting himself get beat up. Naruto could have made himself effectively invulnerable to her punches, but that wasn't the point.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnder View Post
    And can you honestly say it was ineffective? It may not have worked great on the woman, but he clearly won over the other guy with his actions.
    Hmm... True enough. I forgot the guy.

Eh... I thought they might frontload this canon arc with a bit more motion. The episodes weren't bad though. I just think they could've moved a bit quicker through them.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    I couldn't take Naruto seriously with that munted up face of his. I laughed every time I saw how stupid he looked.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth
    I was expecting Sasuke to react more when Zetsu said he thought Naruto was stronger. Either he just doesn't care, or he doesn't believe it.
    Or he's putting up an act. I too would brush it off cooly on the outside only to think about it on the inside. Acting like you care about such power rivaly looks childish. Just look at Gai.

I also had a good crack at the guy at the top of Third Echelon the Foundation.

i also like pretty politicians. They make the news (and now the summit) more enjoyable.
    Last edited by Buffalobiian; Sat, 02-12-2011 at 06:17 AM.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

There are no masks allowed, so they remove their masks but Torune is wearing another fucking mask under the first mask. LMAO.

nice eps, though i would have liked a little more action. Naruto-grabbing-Sai's-sword-scene was great.

Quote Originally Posted by FireEmblem View Post
    There are no masks allowed, so they remove their masks but Torune is wearing another fucking mask under the first mask.
    yeah that was stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by FireEmblem View Post
    There are no masks allowed, so they remove their masks but Torune is wearing another fucking mask under the first mask. LMAO.
    I'm sure they could have said it in a clearer manner but I think he meant specifically the anbu/hunter-nin masks. These represent assassins the the world of Naruto, bringing someone like that to a meeting like a Kage Summit might send the wrong impressions.
    Last edited by Jessper; Sat, 02-12-2011 at 07:36 PM.

I didn't know that there was a difference between something covering your face and something covering your face. I see your point though!

It's probably just "no masks that actually hide your identity".

Torune's mask seems like it would make his identity MORE obvious to anyone that knows him.

"Oh yeah, that's that Kato lookin' motherfucker."

Eh, my wording came off a bit harsh I suppose, edited my post to clarify a little and tone it down. Enjoy~

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Masks are useless anyway. Transformation technique's a basic skill, and I'm surprised no one brought it up when they all said Sasuke 'supposedly' abducted the Raikage's brother.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Woohoo. Fillers are over finally. I haven't watched any Nartuto in such a long time. The last thing I remember was Pain.

You wanna see real "pain", watch episode 189. =/