Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Naruto Chapter 527

Quote Originally Posted by poopdeville View Post
    These weapons are hardly plot points. They're gimmicks and references to Asian mythology, specifically to show that these are bad asses from history.
    they win the fight through having special weapons, trampling over named (however unimportant) characters, it may not be a plot point, but it's not simply a guy calling his gun Sydny.
    So far I've seen...
    Something like 10 Kages (the strongest people in their village at their peak)
    A team of 6-7 people who unilaterally, but through guerilla-style ninja skill, took on every military force on the planet and captured 7 of the nine tailed beasts.
    Etc.
    I wasn't questioning their 'badassery'. I was simply stating that all of them came from the same two hundred years period. I'd expect to see some guys from 300 years ago, even 500 or a 1000.
    sure, I'd think it was stupid if Kabutoro was able to bring back guys he only heard about in legends, but that seems the case anyway.

sig made by Itachi-y2k5, thanks, dude!
    Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.

okay, the problem is NOT that these weapons are making some references to chinese mythology. The problem is that they´re overpowered, ridiculous and suck.

I mean, basically I am in agreement with DBZ. When we saw those older characters pull out the (for example) monkey king summon, or susano'o it was kind of established that they were badasses that could also wield incredible weapons. I am just griping for the sake of discussion, but it seems all these recent mega weapons and stuff are coming out the woodworks.

Also, with the older characters, their weapons or powers were associated with their names (Sarutobi=Monkey, Orochimaru= from the legends, etc.). I don't really know about these new guys, but I don't remember anything like them in the Journey to the west (although I might be wrong, as there were a lot of different demons in that story). And "excalibur" was a bad example; that has been beaten to death.

Awesome user with default custom title Jman's Avatar

Red face

Obligatory

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Formerly known as 'Animemaster'

I was just very dissapointed with this one. First Kishi brings everyone back to life, now these filler-like characters? Seriously? Whenever this comes out on the Anime, no one will believe these are cannon characters.

Awesome user with default custom title Uchiha Barles's Avatar
    Since Kishi's kind of a plagiarist anyway, once he ran out of hxh material to steal from, he needed a new source. His filler writers seemed as good a source as any, and here we are.
    "You are not free whose liberty is won by the rigour of other, more righteous souls. Your are merely protected. Your freedom is parasitic, you suck the honourable man dry and offer nothing in return. You who have enjoyed freedom, who have done nothing to earn it, your time has come. This time you will stand alone and fight for yourselves. Now you will pay for your freedom in the currency of honest toil and human blood."

- Inquisitor Czevak

Awesome user with default custom title poopdeville's Avatar
    It sure would be nice if that plagiarism had resulted in powers even 1/10th as cool as those in HxH or One Piece.
    "After all, I am strangely colored."

man, I remember when powers in Naruto WERE cool. You know, when a Katon was something really great, and when "magic-like ninjutsu" was only for real special abilities, and most of the time they had to fight using their own body movement and tools. But it surely is easier to create "BOOM!"-scenes with all this overdone shit :/

It has to be a joke, you know? it's too similar not to be intentional.

back in YYH, the key word for activating 'TABOO' (the soul eating - non demon ability) was also 'atsui' - hot.

Awesome user with default custom title UChessmaster's Avatar
    Use mind switch technique on brothers, seal up all the zombies, problem Kabutoro?
    You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end each of us must work for his own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful. -Marie Curie

Quote Originally Posted by Kagemane_no_Jutsu View Post
    but his screen times wasted on the brothers McFag.
    That's probably the best name you could give to these villains.

I don't even know what to say about this chapter, other than it sucks.

Brothers McFag...ahaah. That is awesome. Not that there's anything wrong with that. Pause. No gay.