Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: One Piece Chapter 613

Awesome user with default custom title poopdeville's Avatar
    Still, it does kind of suck that One Piece is slowly becoming more inconsistent in its "science". One Piece was once one of the most "realistic" shonen manga, at least as far as it had a consistent set of laws, realistic relations between characters (for example, the Straw Hats are like one big family), interesting/realistic politics, even realistic sexual themes. It was like a cool Pirate-themed steampunk sci-fi -- I guess it still is, but I feel like the Whitebeard War saga derailed those themes (despite the themes being prominent leading up to the war), and they still haven't been picked up again.

Prediction: van der Decken will throw an enormous axe at the princess. Luffy will deflect it, and it will end up cutting the mangrove roots that give Fishman Island its light.
    "After all, I am strangely colored."

Quote Originally Posted by poopdeville View Post
    Still, it does kind of suck that One Piece is slowly becoming more inconsistent in its "science". One Piece was once one of the most "realistic" shonen manga, at least as far as it had a consistent set of laws, realistic relations between characters (for example, the Straw Hats are like one big family), interesting/realistic politics, even realistic sexual themes.
    I don't see how this arc is any different in its science than Skypeia...
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Do you guys think that luffy will destroy the island by randomly bouncing axes into structures?

Is it just me or does this arc seem like weak sauce? I could never doubt the power of oda and if anything the Shabody archipelago started off similarly weak as well with the straw hats trashing the flying fish riders.

I'm just waiting for Oda's big reveal, I mean Dekken and Hodi seem like they could easily be taken out by the buffed up strawhats.

Maybe all this commotion will attract the attention of Big Momma. Also am I the only excited about the new cover art series? Hope oda uses it as a way to show us all the developments that happened in the 2 year time jump.

Awesome user with default custom title UChessmaster's Avatar
    I don`t think so, one pieces arcs usually take a lot of time to set up, especially the ones with different technology such as skypea and this island. Just be patient.
    You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end each of us must work for his own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful. -Marie Curie

I am enjoying this arc so far.

Its still pretty interesting to me. I think all this is just build-up.