Thread: GotWoot Fansubs Banners & Other Art

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Kage, both of your banners were added to the site before. This list is banners that were added to the site.

All this was in the contest posts. Since your banners were put in the site, they were up for staff nomination.

Staff could vote for as many banners as they wanted. I was aiming to put the top 5 or 10 banners for public poll. 15 staff voted, and any banner with 5 or more votes got put up in public poll. 14 banners are up for the public poll instead of 10 because the numbers on the bottom end of that range were really close.

The focus here was to make something simply likable, or funny, so essentially anyone could participate in the contest. So not so much of a Photoshop skills showcase as in these forums, which is why we accepted stuff that looked like screenshots (and why we had them up before).

As for the discontent, yeah, we can't all agree. Anime fans are weird anyway. I mean, the number one banner right now (and one of the most highly nominated banners by staff) is this weirdly misshapen butt/vagina thing. Previously, I made an "anime poonani vs. real poonani, which is better" poll and the results were 50/50.

There were no names when I put up the banners for nomination. That actually worried me a bit, because I was concerned with the people who submitted a way proportionally higher number of banners overwhelming the other people who didn't submit as much. Luckily, it worked out pretty well. Anyway, this contest has an assload of participants, but not including you guys, only 2 guys I recognized (only 1 guy got his banners put up). Even I'm not able to name all of the authors of the banners without checking and I've scoured the entries (a whopping, I don't even -know- how many entries) at least three times. I'm certain my staff has no clue who did what banner (with small margin of error).

PS—As for picking what went up in the site in the first place, we tried to be as impartial and fair as we could while keeping the well-being of the site in mind. Some individuals would submit 17+ retarded banners and 1 good one, but we added the good one anyway. So it was nothing personal...
    Last edited by Sapphire; Tue, 01-29-2013 at 02:49 AM.
    "Leaving hell is not the same as entering it." - Tierce Japhrimel