Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bleach's end?

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel View Post
    And FYI, OP fillers are way better than Naruto or Bleach fillers.

They're simplistic but they're tolerable, and that's really all you can ask out of filler
    Also, there hasn't really been a filler arc in One Piece in a long time due to how fast the manga is paced.

I want to say though that, with the exception of G8, I DON'T think One Piece fillers are better than Bleach fillers. At least, not the full arcs. The Bount arc and especially the Zanpaktou Rebellion arcs are almost as good as the non-filler material.

The Amagai arc is kind of spoiled by the annoying little girl, but even that arc wasn't bad.

It's just that, like, when a filler arc actually takes the time to establish real characters, and enemies that, if you didn't know it was filler, you'd actually believe were a threat, and give the arc enough time to develop the way a real story arc would, they can actually come out pretty good.

I mean, shit, I'm still kind of interested to see that last surviving Bount and the doctor that made them show up again in a future filler arc. Those two feel like real characters that are actually a part of the world.

You can even see this in Naruto. While the 3Tails and 6 Tails filler arcs aren't nearly as good as the canon episodes, they were far superior to the Filler Hell of the original series. Unfortunately, the current Naruto filler is pretty much Filler Hell all over again.

Anime Ending Next Month

A recent television program listing in Japan reports that the Bleach television anime series will end its run in TV Tokyo's 6:00 p.m. Tuesday timeslot on March 27. When a Twitter follower of Bleach animation director Hiroki Takagi sent him an image of the listings, Takagi responded by saying, "So quick. I was going to paste it… /(^o^)\"

Shueisha, the publisher of Tite Kubo's original manga, had already announced that the weekly Naruto SD: Rock Lee no Seishun Full-Power Ninden anime will premiere on TV Tokyo on Tuesday, April 3 at 6:00 p.m.
    Bleach TV Anime Ending on March 27

Heh, so the final arc won't be shown on television. I guess we'll get a condensed version in the form of a film.
    Last edited by Marik; Thu, 02-23-2012 at 06:36 AM.

if ya ask me i'm pretty glad Bleach is ending, maybe focus on other upcoming mainstream animes, (FairyTail easily overtook if ya ask me) and will or probably already is one of the "Big 3" though still none can come close to OP, if anyone still recalls the "story" bleach has...mind reminding me? as all i saw was, save rukia, fillers, save orihime, fillers, (quit anime after aizen arc, quit manga after the hell arc when he defeated that full bringer guy)...sooo..the story was what again?

So wait, the arc we're currently on NOW won't be getting finished then? I was just starting to get into the new status quo in Bleach.

*sigh* I don't know why they didn't just stop after Aizen if they weren't planning to keep going.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnder View Post
    So wait, the arc we're currently on NOW won't be getting finished then? I was just starting to get into the new status quo in Bleach.

*sigh* I don't know why they didn't just stop after Aizen if they weren't planning to keep going.
    Bleach's manga ratings only really started hitting the shitter in the current anime arc.

Awesome user with default custom title UChessmaster's Avatar
    It can be done if they rush it.
    You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end each of us must work for his own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful. -Marie Curie

Really do hope they have a break for a couple of years rather than giving us the filler crap they have provided us for so long.

Quote Originally Posted by gos27 View Post
    Really do hope they have a break for a couple of years rather than giving us the filler crap they have provided us for so long.
    I'm fine with a couple year break also, as long as they actually finish the current arc.

This is weird. Not long ago, I was reading up on this. But now, all those articles seem to be gone. Maybe I imagined it. Maybe they really are ending it. I could have sworn I read that the show was going on hiatus while they worked on something "top secret". But that there was still 2 years of Bleach in 2013 and 2014 and that was it. The show will end at that time. I distinctively read that there was to be those two years after the hiatus. But like I said, I must have imagined it because I can't find anything about it anymore. Also, there is talk that WB has rights to a 2014 Bleach movie in America. Don't see how that would work. Maybe for TV. Who knows?

This show (and manga) needed to get cancelled a LONG time ago. Maybe this will light a fire under Kubo's ass to produce something people want to read.

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel View Post
    Bleach's manga ratings only really started hitting the shitter in the current anime arc.
    Many probably like me who have been "hoping" and giving this anime/manga a chance to improve yet has not probably dumping it as well, good call if ya ask me, i only read/watched to actually see where a "main story plot" would occur...not a single major one if ya ask me

Quote Originally Posted by Y View Post
    This show (and manga) needed to get cancelled a LONG time ago. Maybe this will light a fire under Kubo's ass to produce something people want to read.
    Kudos to this +1

Quote Originally Posted by Animeniac77 View Post
    Kudos to this +1
    Yeah, +1 for being a broken record.

Yeah, +1 for being a broken record.
    if you truly believe Bleach has any good points, by all means please point them out.

if you truly believe Bleach has any good points, by all means please point them out.
    Bleach had a lot of good points before it turned into a filler anime series if you ask me.

bleach has a lot of potential but kubo keeps shitting on it

It's not about it having good points. It's about the fact that everyone knows what sucks about it at this point, and has for like 2 years now, so complaining about it is like making jokes about airline food. It's not insightful. It's boring.

But then, I never really understood why people turned on this series in the first place. It was a dumb shounen action series to begin with, it's a dumb shounen action series now. But people act like it started out Shakespear and then turned into crap. But it's the same as it's always been, a dumb plot giving them an excuse to show cool magic sword fights.
    Last edited by DarthEnderX; Mon, 02-27-2012 at 04:02 AM.

Genin
    Quote Originally Posted by Y View Post
    If that's so then people should stop reading it.....and stop watching the anime. That wont happen, many of the people on this forum complain about each chapter again and again but the fact that they're still reading it means they have an interest in it. That interest is a number maybe not seen by the exec's of the company but by someone with money funding the project. If it keeps making money then why stop it? Look at it from a writers perspective, he's making money. Why stop?

Quote Originally Posted by LordGardenGnome View Post
    If it keeps making money then why stop it? Look at it from a writers perspective, he's making money. Why stop?
    Being a manga author is creative, artistic work. Even in Kubo's case there must be something creative going on inside his head. I doubt Bleach has been able to satisfy that for a long time now. The artist in him must have been yearning to end Bleach, no matter how nicely consistent livelihood it brings him, in favour of something that would again make him feel like an artist, not a factory worker. He just doesn't have the guts to do it - which actually does sound like a pretty Japanese thing.

Regardless of what Bakuman claims.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LordGardenGnome View Post
    If that's so then people should stop reading it.....and stop watching the anime. That wont happen, many of the people on this forum complain about each chapter again and again but the fact that they're still reading it means they have an interest in it. That interest is a number maybe not seen by the exec's of the company but by someone with money funding the project. If it keeps making money then why stop it? Look at it from a writers perspective, he's making money. Why stop?
    Artistic integrity?

is the anime ending for good? or just going on break?

.................................................. sig made by KitKat ..................................................