"Gosick takes place in 1924 in a small, made-up European country of Sauville. The story centres on Kazuya Kujo, the third son of a Japanese Imperial soldier, who is a transfer student to St. Marguerite Academy, where urban legends and horror stories are all the rage. There he meets Victorique, a mysterious yet beautiful and brilliant girl who never comes to class and spends her days reading the entire content of the library or solving mysteries that even detectives can't solve. The series mostly focuses on Kazuya and Victorique getting involved in different mystery cases and their struggle to solve them, at the same time forming important bonds with different people." -AniDB

Themes: Mystery, detective, historical
Links: AniDB, ANN, Official

Download:

- - - - - - - - - -

This was one of the series I was looking forward to based on the short description. Just like last season with Yakumo, I thought a detective/mystery series with a pinch of fantasy would be jolly good. After the first ep, this looks pretty heavy on the mystery indeed. The 20's atmosphere adds greatly to the feeling, naturally. I don't mind the gothic loli either as it seems she isn't there just to attract lolicons but has a well built character (voiced by Aoi Yuuki (Mina Tepes of Vampire Bund, Madoka of Puella Magi, Korone of Daimaou). The male main character isn't a total loser either, I noted, and is voiced by Takuya Eguchi of hardly any previous roles (Satoshi Osugi of Eden of the East among the few).

I'll keep watching this. The few characters introduced so far has been fairly interesting, the art is quite nice, including backgrounds, and, like I said, it's serving mystery decently so far.

Even if the case was obvious as soon as the detective explained it.