Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Gosick

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Blog Entries

Yes, there's definitely something wrong with that village.

Kujou is annoying with his constant whining and attempts to stall and turn back. He hasn't got a drop of adventurer's blood in his veins. Victorica is trying to fricking prove her mom isn't a murderer and Kujou only wants to go back home, like some five years old bored of his parents' errands.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco
    Yes, there's definitely something wrong with that village.
    That alone makes perfect sense for Kujo to want to go home. He's not only doing for his sake, but for Victorique's too. They almost got killed once, and the only reason they survived was because:

1) there was a door
    2) they ran when they did
    3) Victorique didn't trip (I seriously was expecting her to)

Victorique's placing all her trust on Kujo protecting her, but that guy knows just how powerful he is. Powerful enough to take on an half a village or a pack of wolves - that he is not.

That old guy's prophecy sounded really romantic.

I'm guessing Kujo will undoubtedly get dragged into WWII, one way or another. That would be the "gale" in the prophesy. Either he'll have to fight in it, or his brothers will do so and die, forcing him to become the head of the household. It sounded like they won't be together ("won't die together.") even though they still love each other from afar.

To be honest, I don't get the Kujo hate. He's not all that great at it, but he is very concerned about keeping Victorica safe. When he can, he'll protect her by any method available, even if that means pushing her away from him. When he's not strong enough, he tries to get her out of danger. He came running when he realized that non-Avril would be a threat to her. He's quite the devoted servant, even if he aspires to be more.

That crazy maid is pretty funny, and she didn't appear to be the guilty party because she suspected someone else was involved.

Lasers? Cookies? FTW!
    (universally beloved
    moderator ex-emerita)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryllharu View Post
    I'm guessing Kujo will undoubtedly get dragged into WWII, one way or another. That would be the "gale" in the prophesy. Either he'll have to fight in it, or his brothers will do so and die, forcing him to become the head of the household. It sounded like they won't be together ("won't die together.") even though they still love each other from afar.
    Oooh, good theory! That would make sense, since Japan will be on the enemy side in WWII.

I can't believe no one in the village took the time to investigate the murder before exiling Cordelia. Which makes me suspect that the real murderer is someone of influence.

I would love to see their fare well ending, followed by a fast-forward reflection type thing..

Just not too sure about seeing a 70 year old Victorique :P

Lasers? Cookies? FTW!
    (universally beloved
    moderator ex-emerita)
    Well, the solving of the mystery seemed a bit of a cheap ending. I was expecting a bit more substance to the motive of the murder than just crazy maid and a 20 year old prophecy. It looks like we've gained a new main character though, who this episode painted to be 'enlightened' and 'noble'. A bit of a 2-D character for the moment, but we'll see what they do with Ambrose.

The clip of the couple on the hill (presumably Brian Roscoe and Cordelia???) points to broader plotlines afoot.

Victorique - Episode 08

----------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitkat
    Well, the solving of the mystery seemed a bit of a cheap ending. I was expecting a bit more substance to the motive of the murder than just crazy maid and a 20 year old prophecy.
    What stood out to me more was the fact that:

1) Kujo got pushed around by a woman like that,
    2) Victorique managed to hold Kujo up with just one arm, and
    3) No one else bothered to help.

Truly bizarre.

As for the murder, well this is the first time I've heard that killing the oracle erases your prophecy. We can only conclude that she wasn't quite right in the head all along. Victorique also managed to find the longest possible explanation for the word "distraction". :P

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    1) Kujo got pushed around by a woman like that,
    2) Victorique managed to hold Kujo up with just one arm, and
    3) No one else bothered to help.
    No one else bothered to help because Kujo is waste of skin and the others thought Victorica would be better off without him. Too bad Victorica unrealistically managed to save him.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill
    As for the murder, well this is the first time I've heard that killing the oracle erases your prophecy. We can only conclude that she wasn't quite right in the head all along.
    I don't feel there's any need to doubt her insanity after what we saw. Not only killing the prophet but also burning the city looked like solutions to her.

I felt that far more unreasonable than Victorica saving Kujo was how fast Harminia was able to burn the city. There were buildings being set on fire seconds apart, when the aerial view showed them to be several streets away. Then there was the matter of their being oil on the bridge in the first place, when Harminia never had an accelerant at any time (she was always holding the torch in one hand and the spear in the other).

I was kind of hoping that Kujo would give her a judo toss off the bridge...but I guess they had to have her slip, mostly on her own.

I had thought her mother was dead. I suppose not.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryll
    There were buildings being set on fire seconds apart, when the aerial view showed them to be several streets away. Then there was the matter of their being oil on the bridge in the first place, when Harminia never had an accelerant at any time (she was always holding the torch in one hand and the spear in the other).
    I attributed the speed to her use of oil, but how she managed to plan all this is beyond me. If we had to match up what was the most unreasonable, the fire would take the prize, I agree.

What came fairly close was Kujo's "words from the underworld".

I still hate Kujou. He's the epitome of naive, gullible, and uncool male main characters. This episode was only saved by Victorica being so damn cute (and living in a gingerbread house).

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    I still hate Kujou. He's the epitome of naive, gullible, and uncool male main characters.
    He needs to keep a pair of brass knuckles on him.

Last edited by Buffalobiian; Thu, 03-17-2011 at 08:38 AM. Reason: added Victorique link

Nearly half of the wellspring emptied:

Episode 11 - Victorique

Greviel was such a bloody asshole. I so wished Kujo was secretly listening so he could jump out when he made that remark.

She saved your crush for you and asked to sport a permanent hairstyle (that doesn't took that bad anyway) in return. If you think the hair's nothing, well good for you - you scored a bargain. And so you go and walk all over her for not knowing about love because someone locked her up in a bloody cell.

Greviel just levelled up his assholeness.