Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Upcoming Anime: Spring 2011

Upcoming Anime: Spring 2011

thecartdriver v3.0

Last edited by Marik; Thu, 03-10-2011 at 03:22 PM. Reason: v3

Is Appleseed XIII supposed to be a full fledged series or another movie?

Quote Originally Posted by EpyonNext View Post
    Is Appleseed XIII supposed to be a full fledged series or another movie?
    It will be a 13 episode series.

Not a sequel to 2 CG films; Erin's Hamana directs future police story at Jinni's, I.G

Appleseed XIII, a new 13-episode computer-animated series adaptation of Masamune Shirow's Appleseed future police manga, has been green-lit for next spring. The series will not be a sequel to the two previous computer-animated movies directed by Shinji Aramaki, but a new retelling. Like the original manga, the story follows the exploits of the ES.W.A.T. paramilitary unit member Deunan and her combat cyborg colleague Briareos at the city of Olympus after World War V.

Takayuki Hamana (The Beast Player Erin, Chocolate Underground, Library War, Moshidora, The Prince of Tennis) is directing the animators at Jinni's Animation Studios, in cooperation with Production I.G. Jun'ichi Fujisaku (The Beast Player Erin, Blood+, Moshidora, Real Drive) is supervising and co-writing the scripts, and Takayuki Goto (The Beast Player Erin, Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG, Hunter X Hunter, Video Girl Ai) is designing the characters based on Shirow's original work. Atsushi Takeuchi (Ghost in the Shell, Yukikaze, The Sky Crawlers, Reideen) is returning from Aramaki's first Appleseed film to draw the mechanical designs.

The company Micott & Basara is producing the project as it did for the two Aramaki films. Micott & Basara had announced Appleseed: Genesis, a previous attempt to adapt Appleseed into a computer-animated series, in 2008. However, the project at the studio Radix mobanimation was suspended, and Radix, sued Micott & Basara. (Micott & Basara counter-sued Radix.)

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    Lotte's Toy... Oh God!

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

Awesome user with default custom title Pandadice's Avatar
    30-sai no Hoken Taiisu is a given.

Mm.. C is one noitamina, and I assume the other one will be Anohana?
    Last edited by Pandadice; Sat, 01-01-2011 at 01:38 AM.

user posted image

I've heard good things about Toriko, I look forward to it.

LOL... so soon with this thread? Even though Spring is so far away?

Oh well.

The World Only God Knows S2 is a given.

Why is Moshidora there? Re-run? A season 2 immediately? Since I was under the impression Moshidora was starting tomorrow. *edit* - nevermind... I re-checked on randomc... it starts until march indeed... makes me wonder why they pre-viewed it already

The rest of the list... *sigh*

Well, Moshidora is technically a Winter season show. It'll start and finish airing before any of the other shows on that Spring chart even start. The last two weeks of Winter is still the Winter season :\

also, no news on new Berserk
    Last edited by Pandadice; Sat, 01-01-2011 at 02:45 AM.

user posted image

Oh my, Dead Man Wonderland. That fake season preview from the general manga forum is starting to come true.

Toriko is a bit like Hunter X Hunter meets Fist of the North Star, so it'll be pretty awesome.

Sequels again for me:

Appleseed XIII - not sure if they're starting over or not, but Duenan = win for me.

TWGOK 2 - given. The series didn't get to the girls I like better yet.

Maria+Holic 2 - guaranteed. Continuation of a shaft series with a premise so wacky they improve it instead of messing it up.

Kampfer fur de liebe - also guaranteed. The first season was one of the best teasing animes ever. The second series might not be able to match it, but chances are good anyway.

But will also go for:

Moshidora - The premise is solid, interesting, and fresh.

Steins;Gate - Time travel text messages via microwave oven and come into conflict with a Time Bureau? Good looking characters, stellar cast (Momoi Haruko!!, Miyano Mamoru, Hanazawa Kana, Gotou Soari) I'm there.

Hanasaku Iroha - Hot Spring Inn coming of age story. Cute girl lead character (voiced by Itou Kanae, quickly becoming a favorite of mine). In.
    Last edited by Ryllharu; Sat, 01-01-2011 at 05:28 AM.

boy, you know a season is bad when even though you dislike moe-stuff, the only show you´re interested in IS moe. will watch the 30-sai anime, have to admit that i like such otaku-focused stuff.

and "oh my god" was my reaction too when i read the description for lotte´s toy. WTF XD will watch first episode to see how far they take it, rofl.

for last, under the innocent skies might turn out interesting, have no idea what to expect.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryllharu View Post

Kampfer fur de liebe - also guaranteed. The first season was one of the best teasing animes ever. The second series might not be able to match it, but chances are good anyway.
    wtf is wrong with you xD what is good about "teasing anime"? thats what made it so horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by MFauli View Post
    wtf is wrong with you xD what is good about "teasing anime"? thats what made it so horrible.
    That's what made it novel. I can watch something like Qwaser or Queen's Blade and see boobs all over the place, but Kampfer was entertaining because the broadcast version never showed you anything, just and endless series of almost theres. Not seeing can be more enticing than seeing.

Kampfer executed the art of the tease flawlessly.

I....sincerely hope Lotte's Toy is a joke... x_X
    Don't believe in yourself, believe in me, who believes in you.

Man, remember when Qwaser came out, and the whole breast milk thing got the same reaction? I mean, yeah 10 year olds slurpin semen is pretty different from drinking milk, but it's the same kind of thing I guess. Just something completely outrageous and shocking.. Honestly I think whats more shocking than it's description is the fact that it's on this chart in stead of being thrown on a hentai list. I mean, if the thing had an 18+ rating with a hentai tag I don't think many of us would even think twice about it. :\

Man, remember when Kodomo no Jikan came out? It seemed like when it came out it was so radical and outrageous. It was like all my friends who saw it announced were like "lol no way, this is gonna be so ridiculous I gotta check it out." But now KnJ seems super tame. I mean, not the manga, but definitely the TV series. Anyone who saw this chart, then looked at KnJ would be like "whats the big deal?" We've really come a long way in 3 years

user posted image

Awesome user with default custom title NeoCybercoin's Avatar
    Well we had breastmilk as a source of energy so this is the next logical step!

Can't wait for Deadman Wonderland though.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandadice View Post
    But now KnJ seems super tame. I mean, not the manga, but definitely the TV series.
    link to manga page plz in what way could the knj manga be less tame than the anime xD

and wtf, there was an anime about drinking breast milk? thats like my favorite fetish. was it any good?

Quote Originally Posted by MFauli View Post
    link to manga page plz in what way could the knj manga be less tame than the anime xD

and wtf, there was an anime about drinking breast milk? thats like my favorite fetish. was it any good?
    Yes, Qwaser. "Good" depends on your point of view, but it is only uncensored in eyecancer quality right now. Better off waiting for the BD rips to be complete.

...and yes, KnJ gets a LOT worse in the manga. There is good reason it is translated at a hentai doujin site now.

I'll consider watching:
    Appleseed XIII: its appleseed so its on my must watch list(as everything connected to Shirow Masamune)

Stein's;Gate - if ending is not messed up like chaos;head(beginning was great!) it can be solid.

C - i'll see what's it about.

Deadman's Wonderland - If it turns out to be even similar in style to American's McGee Alice game it can be good.

Aria the Scarlet Ammo - if it turns out to be interesting, and it won't be goddamn ecchi-only series i'll watch it.

Blue Exorcist - i just hope that it will keep darker theme - if it does i'm in.

The world.. etc - i'll just watch it, not expecting anything great.

Kampfer - just for the sake of Student Council President, and non-transformed neighbor to main character.
    Number of works of fiction that made me shed at least one tear: 3
    Thou seeketh soul power, dost thou not?
    TOX: 33524385841A92B08787EEBEBA2DB51ED293C4F15A2E292F3F C92165E82388281433A77EA8FE

Isn't the second season of Kimi Ni Todoke coming out too ??

Quote Originally Posted by gos27 View Post
    Isn't the second season of Kimi Ni Todoke coming out too ??
    Thats airing in Winter 2011. As in, a couple days from now. If it's 25 eps again, it will air during Spring too.

user posted image