Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Game: Mass Effect 3

I think the main thing that upset people is that Bioware is notorious for ignoring bug reports and customers complaints. The Bioware forum is pretty draconian and any criticism toward Bioware is often met with a ban.

For example, there have been a large amount of report that certain copies of the PC version of ME3 will not play any sound because there's some incompatibility issue with Realtek sound drivers. There is still no official response from Bioware regarding this issue, which is pretty unacceptable considering this is such a big game release. The fail character transfer is just another thing on top of all of these other issues.

Soooo i'm at the very end of the game, i'm not gonna spoil what they are but theres 4 "final" choices... and both the Paragon and the Renegade options was fucking GREYED OUT.

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUU -.-

Edit: To clarify, what i'm referring to are the final conversation options, not the "ending selection" options (for lack of a better name).
    Last edited by Penner; Sat, 03-10-2012 at 02:50 PM.

"Always be yourself... unless you suck."

Man, I'm thinking of reloading a save game 12 hours back, simply because I'm now back at the citadel after the tuchanka mission....and well I reallllllllly don't like what I told a certain someone last time I was here..this fucking sucks.
    I think I'm just gonna play some MP for the rest of the night now...
    -----------------

Quote Originally Posted by Penner View Post
    Soooo i'm at the very end of the game, i'm not gonna spoil what they are but theres 4 "final" choices... and both the Paragon and the Renegade options was fucking GREYED OUT.
    I'm about 12 hours in, and I've seen maybe...two paragon/renegade persuasion options at all. Kinda disappointing. I've had a few more quick-time ones, but generally, there hasn't been much.

I do wonder about the reputation system. Before, you could level up one of the powers that would give you a substantial (typically vital) boost to persuasion options. That's not really the case here. It boosts overall. I also get a lot of "reputation" points...which I guess boosts both gauges, which are now stacked on top of each other.

So...do you have to go all Renegade or all Paragon? Or do you get more access to Persuasion choices because the bar is larger as a whole? Because my bar is substantially more Renegade than Paragon, but both of the persuasion choices I was allowed were Paragon (no renegade persuasion option for those convos).

Btw, i think that whole "war effort" system sucks ass, i would have preferred it if they just scrapped that altogether and made more missions or added more to the story or something.

And FYI, the "Galactic Readiness" bit in the 'War Effort' stuff will NEVER go above 50%, UNLESS you play Multiplayer. Which is total and complete bullshit.

"Always be yourself... unless you suck."

Awesome user with default custom title KrayZ33's Avatar
    good thing I played MP first with my brother before I did anything else.

Blog Entries
    Is anyone using a game with a Liara Romance in the first ME? I exported my save from the PC to the 360, but ever since she showed up they never really talked about their relationship so i'm wondering if i screwed up.

Did you rekindle that romance in the ME2 Shadow Broker DLC? I'm guessing that that segment would import any romance options for Liara.

But I wouldn't get too worried yet. I imported a Kaiden-romance campaign, and he's been a little distant because he's still upset about the whole, "working for Cerberus," thing.

Blog Entries
    Nope, and i didn't keep it in ME2 either. Went for dat ass instead.

Well then you didn't have a liara romance, you broke it off idiot.
    -----------------

Jounin
    I tapped Liara in the first and then Miranda in the second and i was able to rekindle my romance with Liara. It will take some time before there is some time to speak about such things. Was a little heartbreaking to turn down Miranda. Almost wanted to slap my Shepard but then i realize I'm the one that made him do that. Well Liara feels much more worth it.

I have had no problems with the game so far. Thought the game was top notch except for the ending. Very anti-climactic to go though all that awesomeness to get those crappy endings. The ending felt very rushed. Bet it's EA thats to blame as usual. Probably wanted the game to be released a certain date and didn't care if it was ready or not. Just like DA2. I still can't believe EA got as big as they did when they only make crappy decisions and almost all games they do are shitty and everything they touch turns to shit.

It's disappointing but I found out ME3 isn't an open world game. I thought with the galaxy map and quest list you could pretty much go anywhere and do anything you want, like Skyrim. But it turns out you're pretty limited as to what you can do beyond the main quest.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Quote Originally Posted by Animeniax View Post
    It's disappointing but I found out ME3 isn't an open world game. I thought with the galaxy map and quest list you could pretty much go anywhere and do anything you want, like Skyrim. But it turns out you're pretty limited as to what you can do beyond the main quest.
    Not that it wasn't obvious from your other woefully misinformed dumbass posts in this thread, but it's pretty obvious you never played a Bioware title, let alone a Mass Effect game before.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryllharu View Post
    Not that it wasn't obvious from your other woefully misinformed dumbass posts in this thread, but it's pretty obvious you never played a Bioware title, let alone a Mass Effect game before.
    Didn't Bioware make the Baldur's Gate series? That's an open world type game, if not quite as open as Skyrim, though the elements of openness are the same. That is, there are areas you wouldn't want to visit at lower levels because you would die. Case closed.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Just stop, before you humiliate yourself further.

Baldur's Gate is restricted in exactly the same way. You can't go to Baldur's Gate itself before you solve the issue with the Candlekeep, which you can't get back to without dealing with the Bandit Camp, which you can't get to without dealing with the iron mine, etc. The locations literally don't appear on the map until you've progressed the main storyline.

If you're talking about BG2, you only gain access to class-specific-quest related areas, but you can't get to the special city, which you can't get to until you've gone through the underdark, which you can't get to until you've gone to the asylum, which you can't get to without ending the thieves guild war, which you can't start until you have enough gold.

By the way, both games auto-level your opponents in any given area, so you can visit any of the accessible areas at any time, in any order. The challenge will be appropriate. (edit: So no, you don't die at lower levels.) But again, they're only unlocked with story progression.
    Last edited by Ryllharu; Tue, 03-13-2012 at 07:42 PM.

Awesome user with default custom title KrayZ33's Avatar
    Started the SP few days ago and now 19 hours later I *think* I'm nearing the end. (

for me ME3 is the best in the series... for the first time it really felt like my decisions are having an impact somewhere and somehow. I had a nice amount of Paragon/Renegade options too... probably around ~5-6 quicktimes (or more, didn't count) and ~7-8 renegade/paragon answers.
    I'm full Paragon btw and I was able to choose between both options all the time.

that aside, I can't believe how much they fucked up Tali's-no-suit picture though... oh damn, that was so disappointing

to sum it up, the game was totally worth buying, the MP is decent enough for a few hours of fun, maybe DLC will make it better.
    the SP is very climatic and it certainly had it moments where I was close to shed tears. I believe ME2 really did a good job in making you care for what is happening in ME3.
    God I was *so* happy to see Garrus again, I can't even express how much I loved that bottle-shooting scene on the Citadel.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGj2C...eature=related

*I'm Garrus Vakarian and THIS is now my favorite spot on the Citadel"
    awesome <3
    Last edited by KrayZ33; Wed, 03-14-2012 at 05:56 PM.

Blog Entries
    Lets try and keep the spoilers to a minimum please, it's a wonder i haven't spoiled myself for the endings yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel View Post
    Lets try and keep the spoilers to a minimum please, it's a wonder i haven't spoiled myself for the endings yet.
    Agreed. It's only been out for a week in the US, and less in Europe. Give some time for the completionists to get there. It's really a 35-40 hour game, and not all of us have the liberty to play it all day long.

It's bad enough I have to avoid every game news site article on ME3 because I know the comments are loaded with spoilers.

Well I finally got back from a 2 week field exercise(That's military for "play in the woods") and sat down to play this.

Long story short: I laughed, I cried, I smiled, and sighed. I couldn't have asked for anything better outside of whats being ranted on round the internet.

Best part of the game for me? The soundtrack. My God, even without Jack Wall they outdid themselves. They even got The Faunts to do a song for the credits. Badass.

I haven't really noticed the soundtrack in-game, but I guess that means it's working (like in DBZ before the Freeza Saga).

Something that's bugging me are the bugs in some missions. I can't tell if I'm doing something wrong or if it's a bug, so I end up searching for it online and sometimes get spoilers. One I've found for sure is the Hanar diplomat side quest. Supposedly if you leave Citadel before completing the mission, you lose the ability to complete the quest. That's not really a spoiler, just a warning.

I may have found another bug but it's minor, finding someone on Citadel who needs turret parts I found on mission.