Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Game: Mass Effect 3

Blog Entries
    Guess i'll get one of those, i didn't manage to save my crew in my old save >_>

The playable characters all lived though

Demo is out which means:
    Multi-motherfuckin-player son.

If you're playing it on PC, I'm EpyonNext on Origin. Lets get some peeps together and ruin some Cerberus shit.

Blog Entries
    People use Origin?

MP is only for people that got BF3 for now.
    Anyway some gameplay I recorded:

Link
    -----------------

Jounin
    BTW i decided i wanted to try the Demo. So before i installed Origin i decided to search for how Origin scans your ENTIRE computer and collects data.

http://www.nerdbuster.com/2011/09/ea...-your-privacy/
    http://www.cinemablend.com/games/EA-...-PC-36690.html

Among other things it will do so search for EA games and check if the serials and file versions are correct. This to fight piracy. Since i had both DA2 and ME2 pirated i now have to uninstall them IF i want to use Origin. Or i could just wait to the release and pirate ME3. It's all a question if i want to play online or if i will be satisfied with single player. I will install it now to play the demo because i can't wait, but after I'm finished I'm gonna uninstall it and rethink if it's really worth the raping.

From what I could tell from the demo:
    offensive
    Vanguard:
    high risk as always, but also highest HP and offensive king skills; melee does a lot of damage.
    Soldier:
    Doesn't really need to be explained, melee a bit slow but does massive damage.
    Adept:
    Fastest melee, biggest range on melee and other skills provide lots of battle control.

well rounded
    Sentinel:
    Tech armour makes this class a walking tank, but lacks any super offensive skills, good melee with good range too.
    Adapt:
    again, fast melee, and lots of battle control.

support
    Engineer:
    The class that let's others fight for him with turrents and drones, kinda bad melee.
    Infiltrator:
    Cloak oriented gameplay, terrible melee.
    Adapt:
    Again, can control the battle really well.

So it seems for people just starting out, Adapt is prolly the best class to choose. The melee alone is incredibly useful since it's range is so incredible and it activates so fast.
    -----------------

Jounin
    Vanguard is fucking sweet with his new charge combo, charge+nova. Although you don't want to do that with many enemy's alive since you remove all of your shield. But was fun as hell. Adept got so much control, much thanks to Singularity. But the strongest and most OP i played so far is definitely my engineer. Maxed that turret so it got a flamethrower and i just threw that at a group of enemys and camped behind a wall.When the cooldown was finished i just threw out a new one just to reposition it. It killed faster then anything i tried so far, well maybe except Adepts Grenade Toss thingy that i killed the big boss mecha in like 10 seconds but it's restricted to needing to pick up grenades which make it a worse skill IMO).

Krogan soldier is a fucking monster. I just wade right in and start running people over. I don't even have to use a gun, I just walk up and curb stomp everything but an Atlas.

Spend some more time on the demo and here are some small revisions based on some testing.

offensive
    Vanguard:
    high risk as always, but also highest HP and offensive king skills; melee does a lot of damage, fastest melee, and only class with running melee.
    Adept:
    Second fastest melee, about the same speed as sentinel, biggest range on melee but it recovers a tiny bit slower than the sentinel; other skills provide lots of battle control.

well rounded
    Sentinel:
    Tech armour makes this class a walking tank, but lacks any super offensive skills, good/fast/cool melee with good range too.
    -----------------

Awesome user with default custom title NeoCybercoin's Avatar

I want this so badly now

Saw this earlier, had to change my pants.

Need to change pants again.

Jounin
    I had no idea the multiplayer had opened up for everyone. I just installed the demo last night again because i got tired of waiting for the release which is the 8th in Europe while NA has the release the 6th (and they wonder why people pirate stuff). And i just tried to press multiplayer and i got in. Shocked at first but no need to stare a gift horse in the mouth. So played a little and managed to unlock Asari Adept (just the thing i wanted to play the most). So i quickly maxed out Stasis (added the bubble effect) and played it with a sniper rifle. Man oh man is that the most OP class in multiplayer. Stasis then headshot (which is 1shot). To bad they didn't let you play whatever you wanted (wanted a Krogan Adept and a Quarian Vanguard).

I also played the class i have played through all ME-games, the Vanguard. And i must say he offers the most fun. Maxed charge and Nova with a 25-50% (forgot what the exact % was) chance to not trigger a CD on charge and 25% to not use up any shield on the nova. Also i chose the option for nova to only use half the shield so you could use it twice. This made me a teleporting nuke. I was porting around the entire battlefield decimating everything in my path. However even though it offers the most fun you die more then with the others since you are deep in enemy fire all the time without cover. And the turret the enemy sets up is Vanguards bane. But so much fun in one package.

I will love to play MP. The MP demo made me decide to buy it so i pre-ordered it. Now i just have to wait to the 8th before i can play it. Only thing i had a problem with is that it uses players as hosts for MP and it doesn't do a ping check to determine who becomes the host. Instead first one in the game becomes host and if that person lags the entire game will lag like shit.

I can already tell you the most OP classes in MP are the krogan soldier/sentinel(this one will never ever die), Salarian infiltrator and human vanguard; I killed 1 atlas, 1 normal guy, 1 centurion and 1 shield guy all at the same time, by just spamming charge/nova, all 4 couldn't do anything until they died.
    The other classes are good, but they don't compare to how good those 3 are.
    A group of 2 vanguards and 2 infiltrators will never ever lose.

Though I'm basing all of this on the demo and thus the cerberus enemies, the full game should have a much wider range of enemies; the other classes will prolly shine more against those.
    Last edited by darkshadow; Mon, 03-05-2012 at 05:25 PM.
    -----------------

So...colossal bug importing faces from characters you started in ME1. Now acknowledged by Bioware. Basically, if you started ME1 and ported the character through to ME2, you have to either remake the face completely in ME3, or struggle to get the face-code out and then tweak what is missing. Either way, it's not going to look right (see the examples in the bioware forums threads).

As absolutely insane as it sounds, that ME3 face import bug is so demoralizing that I think I'm just not even going to bother playing it today.

I put in the serial codes for all the collectors edition stuff and DLC, I put in the Online pass code, I've rebooted the game three times without starting to play it (roughly 30 minutes), and then I import my character, and it tells me that I have to re-create the face. I check online, everyone has this issue, not just 360 players.

Not worth it. The fact that an issue of this magnitude never got caught before the game went gold (not to mention never caught before it shipped) is pretty much unbelievable. WTF happened to QC Bioware?

Wow, talk about concern over trifling little issues. I hope Daniel Tosh decides to wear turtleneck sweaters on his next season of Tosh.0 or I'll totally not watch.

I plan to get ME3 this weekend because it's Spring Break next week. Rather than sitting on a beach with hot chicks and douchebag frat boys killing brain cells with alcohol and getting cancer, I'll spend a good part of the week at work and then playing ME3.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Quote Originally Posted by Animeniax View Post
    [Some totally useless garbage, yet again]
    Lo, Animeniax, defender of the weak and oppressed on the internet! I really don't think Bioware is going to have sex with you because you're protecting them. But I'm certain that they're very gracious you're doing your best to mitigate this issue for them. Maybe they'll give you an honorary vice-presidency at the company!

Call it a "trifling" issue, but it should be a huge embarrassment to Bioware. A mistake like this is immediately apparent upon starting the game. How it ever made it past beta testing should be alarming for a company of Bioware's experience and reputation.

It doesn't hurt PS3 players who started with ME2, doesn't hurt late adopters who followed the hype and started with ME2, doesn't hurt players who don't give a shit and just play with the defaults, it only hurt the players who have supported the series from the very beginning on PC and xbox and used the customization features that Bioware games are known for. It hurts their devoted fans, and that's why it is a significant issue. The fact that they never caught this problem before the game went gold, that's a big issue.

I'm not defending you or your trifling issues so...

Sorry that you feel the need to place yourself as the main character like you're actually living the game and saving the universe. I've never felt the need to live vicariously through my video game characters. But I hope it all works out for you and you get a $5 rebate on your next Bioware game.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Ever since ME1 came out, Bioware had been billing the whole series as "Everything you do matters, so be careful cause it'll matter in the next game." They've been telling people to keep their save datas for the previous 2 games because it'll make a difference in the end. If i'd bothered to keep my saves data and something like this happened, i'd be pissed too.

I don't see why you can't seem to understand that it's possible for someone to be upset over this. It might not seem like that big of a deal, but Bioware completely dropped the ball on this one and screwed up on one of their main selling point for the ME series.

I can understand them being annoyed over it, but talk about your FWPs. It's the skin for your character, not a major character attribute or ability that affects gameplay or the storyline. Your decisions and plot choices from the previous games will still be in effect.

Bioware just has to release a patch and problem solved.