Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Game: Mass Effect 3

Awesome user with default custom title KrayZ33's Avatar

Game: Mass Effect 3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geTD0gWh8w0

my body is ready guys

plot:
    "Earth is burning. Striking from beyond known space, a race of terrifying machines have begun their destruction of the human race. As Commander Shepard, an Alliance Marine, your only hope for saving mankind is to rally the civilizations of the galaxy and launch one final mission to take back the Earth."

The player's choices in the previous games are expected to have a much more significant impact on the plot than the choices in Mass Effect had on Mass Effect 2. As Mass Effect 3 is the end of the planned trilogy, the developers are not constrained by the necessity of allowing the story to diverge, yet also continue into the next chapter. This will result in a story that diverges into wildly different conclusions based on the player's actions in the first two chapters

The story between Mass Effect 2 and Mass Effect 3 is planned to be told through DLC for Mass Effect 2. The Lair of the Shadow Broker downloadable content is the first piece of DLC to begin to expand the story in preparation for Mass Effect 3.

source: ME-wiki

Fuck yeah!

I'll just need to do a proper re-play of ME2 before 3 comes out... been a while since i played it...

This is going to be awesome!

"Always be yourself... unless you suck."

I should probably get around to finishing that Insanity run I've been keeping off for awhile now...

This and the new Elder Scrolls next year...

My interest in video games will be revitalized.

So... ya'll heard the news that Origin is required to play any PC version of ME3 ?

Seems to be the way of things as EA tries to get in on the online distribution market. Still, ME3 looks like it's very much worth playing.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

So... who cares?
    -----------------

Exactly. I play it on the xbox360, so I really don't care.

But I won't miss the opportunity to make an argument.

I know there is this big anti-Origin circle-jerk campaign (usually in favor of steam), which I still don't understand, because steam does the exact same things, but seriously, Origin is not that bad. You're either locked into one Publisher/Vendor or a different Publisher/Vendor. They both spy on you. Valve lures you into impulse purchases for quick cash via promotions that really don't get you much aside from coupons for more impulse purchases. Origin needs some UI work.

ME3 is on Origin because of Valve's success. What it isn't on Origin for is the reasons that Dragon Age 2 got kicked off Steam. Steam is one of the only ways that DRM works to prevent initial release piracy, and works (reasonably) well. Lots of developers use Steamworks DRM, and they are happy with it. EA wants in on that kind of protection, but due to selling their DLC within their own games (which works nice, at least Bioware's games anyway), they're certainly not going to use Steamworks. That's why ME3 requires Origin.

All that really matters is: FemShep >>>> MaleShep, and Adepts > All Other Classes.

Jounin
    When BF2 and MW3 came out i had to make a choice on what to get. Most of my friends wanted to get BF2. But then i heard about EA's potential abusive ULA. That somewhere in there it said that Origin can and will scan your ENTIRE computer. By installing Origin you give them this permission. I certainly don't want EA snooping around in my private stuff. And i also pirate a lot of games. Many of them EA's titles. Later EA went out and said that it only scans for info regarding Origin games. Gathers statistics on how/how much/when you use them. But they didn't change the ULA to state that it only scans for this. Instead it still states that it will scan your ENTIRE computer. It has permission to scan for anything and everything. That is not cool in my book. I haven't heard anything about the subject since then and i haven't really been looking either. So they may have changed it by now. But until i hear otherwise i won't touch Origin without a hazmat suit. When something can be abused it will be. It will do whatever you imagine and go beyond that just because they can.

Quote Originally Posted by bioware
    6) I’ve seen reports that Origin is spyware. Is this true?
    Origin is not spyware, and does not use or install spyware on user’s machines. In order to allow Origin to install games and their patches for everyone to use, Origin implements a permission change that results in Windows, not Origin, reviewing the filenames in the ProgramData/Origin folder. This is an ordinary Windows function, not an information-gathering process.
    http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/to...ndex/8975536/1
    -----------------

I'm still not going to install what is essentially a second Steam client, except its shitter.

And the fact that you're forced to install and use it to play the game, even if you buy the game from yer local Gamestop or whatever, is even more annoying. (Maybe this is the case with some "Steamworks" games awswell? not sure, i only buy games digitally these days.)

I am also pretty sure it will eventually get released on Steam anyway tho, they can keep telling people it won't but it probably will, considering like 90% of people either dislike or outright hates Origin.

It's just silly that they do this to try and promote something no-one wanted in the first place, and they will likely lose fucktons of money on this, because while it will probably sell pretty well anyway, it would have sold fucking LOADS more if it was on Steam.

Not to mention that since so many people hate Origin, the piracy rate for this game will be boosted even more than it would have been otherwise.
    Last edited by Penner; Thu, 01-19-2012 at 10:36 AM. Reason: spelling :P

the origin release was alot better than expected

not much to hate about it, doesn't scan, works great on my PC

pretty much like a Battlenet account, with EA games however.
    don't see anyone hating bnet anymore.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; Thu, 01-19-2012 at 11:56 AM.

Did they call Origin something else before? I've seen a lot of people saying it's actually like 7 years old and they recently changed the name to Origin

edit: checked Wikipedia and apparently it was EA Downloader, then EA Link, then a combination of EA Store and EA Download Manager and now it's Origin.

It also says "The constant changes in the software and branding is criticized for being hard to follow."

No kidding, i had no clue either of those existed prior to Origin lol
    Last edited by Penner; Thu, 01-19-2012 at 02:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryllharu View Post
    Exactly. I play it on the xbox360, so I really don't care.

But I won't miss the opportunity to make an argument.

I know there is this big anti-Origin circle-jerk campaign (usually in favor of steam), which I still don't understand, because steam does the exact same things, but seriously, Origin is not that bad. You're either locked into one Publisher/Vendor or a different Publisher/Vendor. They both spy on you. Valve lures you into impulse purchases for quick cash via promotions that really don't get you much aside from coupons for more impulse purchases. Origin needs some UI work.

ME3 is on Origin because of Valve's success. What it isn't on Origin for is the reasons that Dragon Age 2 got kicked off Steam. Steam is one of the only ways that DRM works to prevent initial release piracy, and works (reasonably) well. Lots of developers use Steamworks DRM, and they are happy with it. EA wants in on that kind of protection, but due to selling their DLC within their own games (which works nice, at least Bioware's games anyway), they're certainly not going to use Steamworks. That's why ME3 requires Origin.
    I agree with everything except.....

All that really matters is: FemShep >>>> MaleShep, and Adepts Vanguards > All Other Classes.
    Fixed.

That's so funny epyon...but only because of an inside joke between me and ryll ;P.

And Penner, there is absolutely no reason to hate origin; remember that it's still beta and pretty much just an evolution of EADLM+Store and even then it does a few things a lot better than steam like much less memory usage and the ability to choose wherever you want to install your games.
    The only thing steam has over origin atm is a larger selection of games and the steam overlay in game.

And yes the whole steamworks DRM works exactly the same way if you get the game retail; after install you will need steam to run it, it's the exact same situation.
    People are hating for no reason at all.
    -----------------

Quote Originally Posted by Penner View Post
    It's just silly that they do this to try and promote something no-one wanted in the first place, and they will likely lose fucktons of money on this, because while it will probably sell pretty well anyway, it would have sold fucking LOADS more if it was on Steam.
    Yes, I too wish for only one place that I am forced to buy all my games from, and where they can do whatever they want and force developers to comply with their terms, fees, and restrictions.
    /sarcasm

This post screams steam fanboy. Choice is GOOD. EA is selling ME3 on pretty much every service except steam, because they and Valve have a disagreement on how content is managed.

And the fact that you're forced to install and use it to play the game, even if you buy the game from yer local Gamestop or whatever, is even more annoying. (Maybe this is the case with some "Steamworks" games awswell? not sure, i only buy games digitally these days.)
    Quote Originally Posted by darkshadow View Post
    And yes the whole steamworks DRM works exactly the same way if you get the game retail; after install you will need steam to run it, it's the exact same situation.
    People are hating for no reason at all.
    I bought Fallout: New Vegas retail. I was infuriated it required steamworks. Had that been better advertised, I would have just bought it on steam in the first place. Origin and Steam work exactly the same ways.

Hate both, or neither.

Hmm, i didn't know certain games required Steam even when bought from retail stores aswell, i have to admit that sucks.
    One exception though is if the game you buy is primarily a multiplayer game and uses Steams or Origins servers, kinda like Left4Dead, in that case i can understand the need for Steam/Origin to be installed with it.

People shouldn't have to use Steam or Origin if they don't like it, and forcing people to use either for a singleplayer game is bs.

Back on topic to ME3: are you guys going to play the same class in ěn your first run through of ME3 as your primary char in ME2 was, or you going to switch it up?

(sorry for kinda derailing the topic in the first place :P)

Was ME2 your first ME game or something?
    -----------------

It was not.

I'm so going to need a ME2 savegame, tali romance, pretty much paragon throughout the whole game with all ME1+2 characters alive (at least for 1 of course) and no romance in the first game

Does ME2 uses Steamcloud on steam? if yes, too bad I didn't get the game on steam but as a retail version... all my savegames are gone (new pc )