Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Naruto Chapter 517

Quote Originally Posted by DB_Hunter View Post

Of course, Naruto may just overload him and any other enemy with Sage mode chakra, turning them in to stone statues though I find it hard to think he could do that to his old master.
    I just thought of that. Naruto could basically pump sage chakra into all those zombies, and that would be a solution to their problems. On the other hand, I don't know how he could flow his energy into anyone without them absorbing it. And Jiraiya still has tons of techniques and experience on Naruto. Even though Naruto can throw nuclear bombs, he is nowhere near as bright.

Why the hell is this turn to stone bullshit coming back? The only reason Pein turned to stone was because he was draining naruto's chakra.
    Naruto doesn't have to ability to randomly turn people into stone.
    -----------------

Awesome user with default custom title poopdeville's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rockmanj View Post
    I just thought of that. Naruto could basically pump sage chakra into all those zombies, and that would be a solution to their problems. On the other hand, I don't know how he could flow his energy into anyone without them absorbing it.
    Supposedly, that is exactly how genjutsu work. You "pump" chakra into their brain/nervous system and take control of it by swamping their chakra out. If the victim has enough chakra, he can mold a bunch and override the override. In fact, that is why Killer Bee was immune to Sasuke's Sharingan. He explained that a jinchuuriki who can control his bijuu is pretty much immune to genjutsu, because they can call on a huge amount of chakra to override the genjutsu's effects.

Naruto supposedly sucks at genjutsu (and we've never seen him train for it), but he has a couple of techniques that let him manipulate chakra outside of his body, and he really wouldn't need to control a guy's brain -- he'd just have to pump in natural energy.

Also, we can possibly compare this idea to Gedo Mazo's "Instant Kill Ghost" attack from when Pein was fighting Salamander Hanso. Weird "ghost" tentacles came out of the statue and instantly killed anyone they touched. That's unlike anything else we've seen, except for genjutsu (in the way I described above). Maybe that was a "chakra pumping" move that messed up people's nervous systems.
    Last edited by poopdeville; Mon, 11-22-2010 at 09:32 PM.
    "After all, I am strangely colored."

I don't think it would work against someone that doesn't drain energy (like Kisame...if he were not dead).

Quote Originally Posted by poopdeville View Post
    Supposedly, that is exactly how genjutsu work. You "pump" chakra into their brain/nervous system and take control of it by swamping their chakra out. If the victim has enough chakra, he can mold a bunch and override the override. In fact, that is why Killer Bee was immune to Sasuke's Sharingan. He explained that a jinchuuriki who can control his bijuu is pretty much immune to genjutsu, because they can call on a huge amount of chakra to override the genjutsu's effects.
    No, the way to counter genjutsu if you succumb to it is to have another person inject chakra into you. That's what Chiyo explained as a tactic to use against genjutsu users. The reason Killer Bee was immune is because his Bijuu is always present to wake him from genjutsu.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Quote Originally Posted by Assertn View Post
    No, the way to counter genjutsu if you succumb to it is to have another person inject chakra into you. That's what Chiyo explained as a tactic to use against genjutsu users. The reason Killer Bee was immune is because his Bijuu is always present to wake him from genjutsu.
    It doesn't have references, but the Naruto Wikia says:

The first option is for the ninja to stop the flow of chakra in their body, and then apply an even stronger power to disrupt the flow of the caster's chakra; this is called Genjutsu Release (幻術解, Genjutsu Kai). This can also be done by an unaffected ninja by applying a sudden surge of chakra into the affected person. In addition, tailed beasts can break their jinchūriki out of genjutsu in a similar fashion, as seen in Killer Bee's case.
    I guess KB's passive defense is better than an active one, but he can still use the active one. In other words, he can try to override the genjutsu himself, but the bijuu is trained to do it for him if he fails.

If you're talking about a genjutsu on the level of sharingan, then it seems the only way to compete with it in a one on one is to have a matching level of sharingan. (Or, in Deidara's case, train your eye? Still don't get it.) Even Kyubi can be controlled by sharingan, so clearly no amount of pure chakra can counter it.

I still think the reason Killer Bee couldn't be controlled was because his bijuu was not exposed to Sasuke's sharingan in the first place, and therefore was able inject chakra into Bee when he fell into it.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

The Sharingan complicates things, especially with regards to Izanagi (which seems to work in a totally different way to other genjutsu). Izanagi makes illusions real and vice-versa. It's a dumb, over powered move that doesn't fit the rest of the mythology.

I think the bijuu are weak to the Sharingan. So I agree about KB's bijuu.

But we still have Jiraiya himself explaining:

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/naruto/v29/c259/9.html
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/naruto/v29/c259/10.html
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/naruto/v29/c259/11.html

All this is a tangent from my initial argument that, in principle, a Senjutsu user could turn people to stone using a genjutsu-like technique of pumping natural energy into the victim.

Well, the Sharingan somehow relates to all the tailed beasts. If you recall, the 10 tails or whatever had Sharingans all over the place. So it would be reasonable to assume the Sharingan (and whatever power the first had) was used to control the 10 tails.

after reading this page Im pretty sure the final showcase showdown with sasuke won't start as off a him vs naruto only. Sasuke will lose cause he doesnt have any friends but only after he puts bee in a genjutsu, cause now he's tasted sweet bee nectar and is ready to taste bee's sweet bee nectar again. Kakashi will probly already have fought off 10 thousand zetsu and is dying in an alley somewhere. Hopefully sasuke kills a bunch of people, but will probly only "kill" them. Ive read this shit forever now people deserve to die in the end they owe it to me

Quote Originally Posted by Kagemane_no_Jutsu View Post
    Cause now he's tasted sweet bee nectar and is ready to taste bee's sweet bee nectar again.
    Was this supposed to be a euphemism for something sexual?