Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Naruto Chapter 516

Copying ability has always been gibberish to begin with. Seeing an Rasenshuriken with a Sharingan doesn't mean one processes the right element or chakra control to make one let alone a high level summon like Edo Tensai.

I'm fine with the war as long as the talking ostrich and boxing kangaroo aren't joining in... Second thought, throw them in, I could use the lulz.

Awesome user with default custom title UChessmaster's Avatar
    I was under the impression you don`t actually need to have the right elemen afinity, thus why we`ve seen kakashi use at least 4 elements.
    You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end each of us must work for his own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful. -Marie Curie

ANBU Captain
    I remember kakashi doing a rasengan effortlessly but he said that doing the rasengan along with adding "an" elemental affinity was extremely difficult. So there COULD in theory be 4 other forms of the completed rasengan. Flame, water, lightening, and earth rasengans would probably be really cool.

Anyways I think the zombie battles will be pretty great. I can't wait to see salamander fight. I could care less about the previous hokage and the fallen akatsuki.

Jounin
    Well the whole copy thingy has also been explained as not being able to copy Bloodline Limits, such as Haku's, because they use 2 combined elements. If the copy ability could just bypass elemental affinity then Bloodlines such as Ice and Tree/Life would not be a problem to copy.

BTW what elements have we seen Kakashi use? Lightning and Water, but i can't really remember anything else. The hiding in the earth could easily be explained as a regular jutsu not requiring a element. I can't really remember anything else except that. But then again i have the memory of a goldfish so please enlighten me.

Quote Originally Posted by TwisT View Post
    Well the whole copy thingy has also been explained as not being able to copy Bloodline Limits, such as Haku's, because they use 2 combined elements. If the copy ability could just bypass elemental affinity then Bloodlines such as Ice and Tree/Life would not be a problem to copy.

BTW what elements have we seen Kakashi use? Lightning and Water, but i can't really remember anything else. The hiding in the earth could easily be explained as a regular jutsu not requiring a element. I can't really remember anything else except that. But then again i have the memory of a goldfish so please enlighten me.
    The technique where he rooted Kakashi and the one where he attacks pain from underground, if i recall correctly he called them Douton something, i *think* he used Fire ball against Naruto and Sakura, also, he uses all 5 elements in the Ultimate Ninja series, apparentelly, the abilities used there are Canon.

Quick quote from Narutowiki.

Individually, he is able to perform earth-based techniques with great detail in their shape, and is able to perform water-based techniques without an existing water source nearby. He has also been shown (in the anime) using fire-based techniques, and he is otherwise at least knowledgeable enough with Wind Release to help train Naruto in its use.
    You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end each of us must work for his own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful. -Marie Curie

Awesome user with default custom title poopdeville's Avatar
    Kakashi said that most of Jounin can use more than one element. But basically, they can't use more than one at the same time without a blood line limit.

A blood line limit lets you combine chakras. The ability to combine chakras can't be copied, even though Kakashi can see what kinds of chakra are being used and how. It's kind of like Sasuke and Rock Lee way back when. Sasuke could see Lee, but his body couldn't react.

On the other hand, I guess that Pein could copy pretty much any jutsu, since he already had the ability to combine any pair of chakras.
    "After all, I am strangely colored."

Most Jounin can use more than one element, but rarely more than two, what made Sarutobi so special was full mastery over all five elements.

Quote Originally Posted by UChessmaster View Post
    The technique where he rooted Kakashi and the one where he attacks pain from underground, if i recall correctly he called them Douton something, i *think* he used Fire ball against Naruto and Sakura, also, he uses all 5 elements in the Ultimate Ninja series, apparentelly, the abilities used there are Canon.

Quick quote from Narutowiki.
    Yep, in fact all the elements he used so far were pretty high level stuff, like not just fire ball, but grand fireball.
    Fire
    Water
    WaterČ
    Earth and Lightning
    Wind
    And just let us top all that of with This ;P

And I don't know if Naruto filler goes into canon, but wasn't there this girl named Fuuka that used all elements too?
    -----------------

I always though Kakashi was a lighting-earth user.
    I think he uses water mostly when he copies enemies, when he tries to combo-attack enemies, it's usually an earth based attack.

sig made by Itachi-y2k5, thanks, dude!
    Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by Splash! View Post
    Except Orochimaru was going to summon the fourth but was stopped during the act by Sarutobi...
    ahh this topic's been beaten to death already

ANBU Captain
    Sarutobi could do more than use all the elements he knew EVERY technique in the village thus the nickname the professor

He couldn't have known Amaterasu, or the Bug Clan's bug techniques, or how to use the Byakugan, etc.

Knowing them and being able to do them are 2 different things, obviously.
    -----------------

Uhhhhhh if you say so. The distinction between "knowing" and "knowing how" is pretty thin. Especially since these are techiques, where "knowledge" is "know how". Did Naruto know how to do the Rasengan just because Jiraiya told him to rotate the chakra, compress it, and put power into it? I don't think so. He didn't know how to do that stuff.
    Last edited by poopdeville; Sat, 11-13-2010 at 12:05 PM.

Actually there is no point bringing Orochimaru back is there, since if he did he would still be without his arms.

Are you seriously trying to debate this?
    Gai obviously can't do sharingan related stuff, but he knows how it works, hence him developing a way of fighting without looking them in the eyes. Same with Deidara, training his left eye to counter genjutsu.

Even if you know how to bake a cake, you would still need the ingredients and tools to actually make it.
    -----------------

maybe "the professor" was more of an academic title?
    each ninjas jutsus are supposedly secret, and family jutsu even more so. the 3rd might have gotten the title by merely knowing about the existence of each jutsu in the village, plus general knowledge about it's function?

sort of like we (the readers) "know" every jutsu that appeared so far, in the sense that we know who uses it and what it does (as well as it's element).
    having such knowledge in the world of naruto would make him a credible ninja, as he knows exactly what to expect from anyone he fights. not to mention that it shows his worth as a leader, knowing each of the village ninja's strengths and abilities.

on the other side, maybe we need to stop paying attention to stuff like that, since it was said only once, and like the source of the Sharingan in the byakougan, didn't ever get referred to again.

Kishimonto, in a sense, is between Oda and....the guy from bleach (thou shall not say their names in the same sentence, praise be GODA), Oda remembers everything, the other guy remembers the final page of the last chapter. and kishimonto remembers only stuff that happened up to 100 chapters back, or starting from Naruto Z, at most.
    Last edited by Death BOO Z; Sat, 11-13-2010 at 02:51 PM.

sig made by Itachi-y2k5, thanks, dude!
    Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by Death BOO Z View Post
    Kishimonto, in a sense, is between Oda and....the guy from bleach (thou shall not say their names in the same sentence, praise be GODA), Oda remembers everything, the other guy remembers the final page of the last chapter. and kishimonto remembers only stuff that happened up to 100 chapters back, or starting from Naruto Z, at most.
    This is the main problem that i see with arguing over laws in an anime. Often times, the creator forget what he/she established as laws and that leads to some rather ridiculous situations. Kinda like how grunts chuunin often dies to a very obvious shuriken or kunai throw. This is a problem because Kishimoto already established that even the weakest genin can perform a substitution jutsu. Ever notice that in high level ninja fights, that technique is only use to create tensions and then forgotten 2 chapters later in a situation where it would save that person life?

Quote Originally Posted by darkshadow View Post
    Are you seriously trying to debate this?
    Gai obviously can't do sharingan related stuff, but he knows how it works, hence him developing a way of fighting without looking them in the eyes. Same with Deidara, training his left eye to counter genjutsu.

Even if you know how to bake a cake, you would still need the ingredients and tools to actually make it.
    I think you're confused about the different senses of "knowing". I'm not sure how/why, since you switched from talking about the elements Kakashi knows how to use to plain old "knowing about". toonice was clearly, in my opinion, talking about "knowing how to use a technique".

I agree about Gai. And he does know how the Sharingan works, to some extent. But that's not the kind of knowing I thought we were talking about. We were talking about "know how", as in "knowing how to perform a technique".

Going with your cake analogy: a recipe might say, "Mix egg, sugar, flour". Would somebody know how to bake a cake if they don't even know how to use a mixing bowl and spoon? I don't think so.

Does Naruto know how to do the Rasengan just because Jiraiya told him to rotate, compress, and use lots of power? I don't think so. He had to learn to do each of those.

Sarutobi did not know how to use two kinds of chakra at the same time. And he can't even learn how, because he doesn't have a bloodline limit (as far as we know).
    Last edited by poopdeville; Sat, 11-13-2010 at 04:59 PM.

I thought Sarutobi (notice the Tobi /troll) could perform more techniques than anyone in the village and was stronger than the first and second, in his prime.

Poop is right that he couldn't perform bloodline limit techniques. But I would just have to assume that Sarutobi had some sort of bloodline limit of his own, even though it wasn't mentioned.

Another thing. I would assume that Sarutobi knew how to perform most of the forbidden techniques as well. In fact, the elders and he were probably the ones who decided what would be forbidden.