Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bleach 295

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Dragon View Post
    I think the soul society arc just fooled a lot of people into thinking that this series is better than it actually is. Then they just didn't take it very well when the plot revert into DBZ level silliness.
    I guess people had high expectations for Bleach and it didn't measure up. To me, Bleach has always been the same. Aizen/Gin is the new Bakuya/Rengi and Soul King is the new Aizen of the Rukia arc, and most likely all (survived) foes end up allies. Not to mention Ichigo's ridiculous level-ups throughout the entire show.

Also someone out there is seriously trolling my "rep" panel. I love it. ^_^

Bring it on BIATCH!! Papa needs me some of dem red boxes! LOL

Hah, you actually read your rep panel? I think the last time I even saw mine was whenever I last changed my avatar.

It's pretty much just a way for dipshits to call you names anonymously.

I think they're hilarious. Somehow I'm such a significant to someone that they had to spam my rep with the same comment over and over just to clarify it's the same person doing it.

Also being the only person with 10 red bars look pretty badass too but I'm not really aiming for anything. Underachiever all the way baby.

All that rep talk got old years ago so save it to the Pit if you must insist on doing it.

Edit: In case somebody failed to understand my cryptic message above (like he who got his spam post deleted did), this is a Bleach thread, not a reputation discussion thread.
    Last edited by Kraco; Mon, 11-15-2010 at 03:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnder View Post
    I really just never saw Bleach that way.

I mean, you describe something like the "over 9000" scene, and I don't see any difference between that scene and the one where Ichigo shows up to save Rukia and beats 3 Vice Captains with his bare hands in a matter of seconds.
    You're completely right. I see why you might still like Bleach, because you did not understand to differentiate the impact of genuinely well made, although simple, plot structures and those that are just plain fucking stupid. Bleach was like DBZ before and that was fine. But it turned by 180° and seriously overdid it with all it's pseudo-intellectual crap talk. It feels like Kubo is trying to give us the impression that Bleach goes really deep with all this overly emotional crap (kinda reminds me of FFXIII), but he fails so fucking hard it hurts. At the beginning, almost every new episode was actually well balanced in terms of explanations, fights and social acts. A little drama here and there, but now people turn all emo in seconds (especially Ichigo). It didn't need all of this really poorly made relationship drama crap. Now it's turned into some kind of abstracted hotchpotch of ridiculous (the bad /faceplam kind) reasonings and is even worse in the execution of that.

In DBZ people either just protected a planet or intended to destroy/rule it. Simple stuff, but it worked. In Bleach... nobody really knows. And even if something is sometimes explained, it usually either doesn't make any sense at all or makes me think that everyone but a few exceptions such as Kenpachi or Yamamoto are fucking morons. Especially Tousen (how was he able to use someone else's Katana that is made of one's soul and can only by used by that person again?) and Orihime. Granted, we knew from the start she wasn't Einstein, but her ingenius plan of getting catched by Aizen on purpose made me spit out my soda.
    Last edited by Endrance; Mon, 11-15-2010 at 12:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Endrance View Post
    You're completely right. I see why you might still like Bleach, because you did not understand to differentiate the impact of genuinely well made, although simple, plot structures and those that are just plain fucking stupid.
    Yeah, maybe that's what happened.

Bleach has been full of melodrama since all the way back with the first appearance of King Fisher. And that was back when everyone still thought it was amazing.

If your complaint is now suddenly "Bleach was better back when it was more like DBZ", well, Bleach is more like DBZ now than ever before. As evidenced by the "hundred episodes of nonstop fighting with almost no plot advancement"
    Last edited by DarthEnderX; Mon, 11-15-2010 at 09:38 PM.

Blog Entries
    DarthEnder's point is that, unlike some of us, he never did have much expectations for this show. When you think about it his was probably the smartest approach.

I will say this though, no matter how low my expectations were i never could have predicted how randomly shitty this series would become.

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel View Post
    DarthEnder's point is that, unlike some of us, he never did have much expectations for this show.
    Well said.

From the beginning this series has been "DBZ + swords + much better animation" to me.

Well, maybe not since the very beginning, but by the time Kenpachi vs. Ichigo rolled around, that's the opinion I'd cemented in my mind. That this series was about awesome sword fights and a very loose excuse to have as many of them as possible.

I felt this way way more about Bleach than I did about, say, Naruto or One Piece, both of which I considered "DBZ + ninjas/pirates + much better stories and characters". I've never felt that way about Bleach. I've always felt Bleach's storyline was mildly more involved than DBZ's, but that even that was just a pretense for the fights.

Well, I gave up on Naruto once it went to fillers and then they got older or something. I really don't care on going back. There are similarities between the shows. Rasengan vs. Getsuga Tensho. The allies that hate him, but are still more powerful (Sasuke and Byakuya). The friend that is way powerful (Lee and Kenpachi). The girl sidekick (Sakura and Rukia). The large chested teacher or Lieutenant. The evil super powerful bad guy (Orochimaru and Aizen). You can mix and match several different ways, but the recipe was the same. What I did like about Naruto was that they actually learned new techniques from time to time. In fact, there was a time when they showed different characters learning. But unfortunately, Rasengan was seemed to be the only game in town just like Ichigo is a one hit wonder.

For me, I stuck with Bleach because of the fights. I was hoping for something more from the Vizards. Disapointed, but there was a lot in the Bleach universe that held promise at the time. Now, I'm just gonna see what happens since I'm this far into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorlath View Post
    The evil super powerful bad guy (Orochimaru and Aizen).
    We call that guy Madara in Naruto. Orochimaru turned out to be less of an Aizen and more of a Szayel Aporro Granz.