Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Shinrei Tantei Yakumo

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

The whole epsisode was a not so subtle suggestion to Haruka to go all out and capture Yakumo...

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    The whole epsisode was a not so subtle suggestion to Haruka to go all out and capture Yakumo...
    The thing that doesn't work in anime is that girls often look best without the makeup.

Haha, very much so. Even the directors know that, though. And so often even if a girl is shown to use makeup, her appearance may not change at all or not in a way it would realistically do (but that would make her look worse in anime).

Wait... the little kid... Nao... I thought it was said Nao was a boy in a previous episode... but now Yakumo and Haruka referred to Nao as a she...

A boy? Yakumo's relative hanging around the temple all days long? Are you sure you remember correctly? I took her as a girl from the beginning, for sure.

A boy? Yakumo's relative hanging around the temple all days long? Are you sure you remember correctly? I took her as a girl from the beginning, for sure.
    Feels Seems like a girl to me.
    Last edited by Buffalobiian; Fri, 11-19-2010 at 02:07 AM. Reason: choice of words

When Nao was introduced I thought it was a girl. But then the priest guy introduced Nao as a boy. Unless it was a mistranslation... Im sure the subs said that.

Episode 7 - FFFPeeps

- - - -- - -- -

The return of the ninja woman. There's no way she would have such supernatural movement capabilities otherwise. Very intelligent folks in this series, though: Nobody tells anybody what they are suspecting and doing even when they expect the worst. So, the next person to take over always needs to start from a clean table knowing nothing. Sort of a death wish. But at least the coward cop should have a firm basis now to study the background of the false witness woman (the kunoichi) now more deeply.

Episode 8 FFFPeeps

So I guess we entered the main plot now. It was a bit too convenient how Haruka and Yakumo's mothers knew each other, but I guess it can work to use the destined plot.

I thought the evil white haired man was Yakumo's father, but this introduction of the Shunsuke journalist guy completely throws me off. Now I'm just confused.

Well, well, we learned pretty much everything in very short order. Although do we still know who the white haired dude is? Is he still Yakumo's real father? Yakumo was already around when the journalist appeared so he can't be his old man. His plan to corrupt Yakumo from so very early on was masterful in any case. Talk about dedication to a cause! This dude could teach a thing or two to more ordinary villains.

Another thing is that I felt like Yakumo warmed up a bit to Haruka after learning about the love affair between his mom and the journalist dude. Perhaps that returned his faith in love. Good for Haruka!

Well, well, we learned pretty much everything in very short order. Although do we still know who the white haired dude is?
    I think he is.

Yakumo called him his father some time ago in a previous episode. (or am I imagining things?) It was a scene where they looked at each other across a river (or on a bank of a river, right at the end of the episode).

They also mentioned that Yakumo's mother was pregnant with Yakumo when she met Haruka's mother during her escape from the holiday house. If she had been raped by Yakumo's dad then, it'd make sense.

The journalist met them afterwards.

The only thing that doesn't quite make sense from all this is that Yakumo's mum freaked about about Yakumo being a bad guy when he grows up "just like his father", when the journalist isn't even his biological father.

Who's going to take care of poor Nao? Yakumo and Haruka? This is a pretty ruthless series, all in all.

Yakumo's list of relatives is growing very very short anyway so he better hook up with Haruka soon and start to make new ones.

Who's going to take care of poor Nao? Yakumo and Haruka? This is a pretty ruthless series, all in all.

Yakumo's list of relatives is growing very very short anyway so he better hook up with Haruka soon and start to make new ones.
    Ah, I didn't think of that. Poor Nao. (I didn't think/remember she was the priest's daughter until now.)

Regarding the Yakumo x Haruka thing, it was quite visually effective how they focused on Haruka's family, Yakumo's, then Haruka x Yakumo with little Nao's head sitting in the middle.

I can't make up my mind as to whether Nanase willingly let herself get caught. Like Goto's initial reaction, that seems almost too easy.

I guess the childless detective's family wasn't the worst possibility for Nao. Probably a lot better than two students, one of whom sees dead people to boot...

The case of the high police official managing to sweep everything under the carpet would have seemed unlikely to me, but after the Senkaku incident I don't anymore doubt the power of the Japanese officials to silence their sorry excuse for a free press.