Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Naruto Shippuuden Episode 175

Blog Entries
    ... when God Realm did it he threw 3 giant frogs a mile away

Awesome user with default custom title UChessmaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Archangel View Post
    ... when God Realm did it he threw 3 giant frogs a mile away
    And when some Konoha ninjas throws stuff at him, he deflected them for like 3 feet away. Did he sent chouza 3 miles away? no, i always ASSUMED he could adjust the strenght of his push, thus why he uses a big push for giant frogs, a normal push for the white haired ninja with lightning in his hand, or a small push for random kunais. Back in the flashback he used a small push cause it was just kunais, i don`t see the point in him leveling everything so he can save himself from the harmless kunais.
    You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end each of us must work for his own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful. -Marie Curie

I think an interesting aspect of the entire Nagato deflect/pull power was the transmission of it's weakness to the actors on the battle field. If for nothing else,. it gave real weight to the idea of intel being valuable. It was literally a matter of life and death. It was neat to see how that intel was passed along, protected, and ultimately important.
    Last edited by Cal_kashi; Fri, 08-27-2010 at 04:57 PM. Reason: which occurs to me, is completely irrelevant. but still neat, meh.
    When man invented the bicycle he reached the peak of his attainments. Here was a machine of precision and balance for the convenience of man. And (unlike subsequent inventions for man's convenience) the more he used it, the fitter his body became. Here, for once, was a product of man's brain that was entirely beneficial to those who used it, and of no harm or irritation to others. Progress should have stopped when man invented the bicycle. ~Elizabeth West, Hovel in theHills

Sakura needs to either get her shit straight and go for Naruto or back the fuck off and let Hinata have her man -.- (i'd prefer the latter)

And yeah, very good flashback-centric episode, which is a rare thing.

Also, it'd be hilarious if Naruto really did have to take his exam fights to rank up, sucks for the one who gets to face him in it, since he's like one of the most powerful Ninjas on the planet now :P

"Always be yourself... unless you suck."

I've read this before somewhere, dunno where, but it seems that if Naruto ever becomes Hokage, it will be from Genin>Hokage, just like he said during the written test of the chunin exams.

Quote Originally Posted by UChessmaster View Post
    What was so half assed about it? seems like he did it perfectly to me...

The statue thing he had full control as well, and the ressurrection technique, to me seems like an extention of the statues abilities, if he could rip the life of those rain ninja with the statue, he should be able to give Yahiko his life back as well.
    Well, in the manga, it's much clearer that he'd actually never used the statue before that point, because it didn't have Konan's reaction as though she recognized it like the anime did.

It's pretty obvious though that he'd never used the statue before then since:

Before - He isn't emaciated and impaled with a dozen metal rods

After - Is emaciated and impaled with a dozen metal rods

Which is the condition he's in to this day. If he'd ever used the statue before, he'd have been in that condition already.

Jounin
    Darth is correct.

Just like to say, if you think about it, you can stab someone, but they are still alive for a few seconds or minutes. So does that make it mean you killed them or they died after the fact due to blood loss etc etc?

I am thinking, even though Kakashi used his last remaning chakra to use Magenkyo Sharingan, I do believe enough damage was done to him by pain, to warrant Kakashi being killed by pain. He may not have died instantly, but he did die soon afterwards.

Just my thoughts on the matter.

I really don't think the absolute technical culprit for the deaths has anything to do with his technique. If he said he will bring back all that he killed, it's only due to the ultimate reason that he was the one who decided to attack Konoha, thus being also the final reason why they perished. He could simply resurrect anybody who died in a limited area (the town and immediate surrounding areas) within a likewise limited time frame.

For all we know some nameless ninja might have even died of friendly fire. It would be beyond ironic such a victim would be the only one staying dead.

Okay, let me just try to interpret his resurrection skill here.

He has to summon that statue with the big mouth to use it; we have seen him do this before to ressurect the other Pains. He ressurected his other bodies that Jiraiya killed. This also means he can ressurect anyone, not just someone he killed. The statue seems to have some sort of radius that probably depends on how much chakra Nagato uses. A whole village seemed a little much for him.

The statue also seems to have some healing abilities. The three that Jiraiya stabbed did not have wounds on them after being ressurected. So it would appear that Nagato's skill probably is a bit like Tsunade's, using his chakra to heal the person ressurected as well. I would bet the way it works is a lot different than Tsunade's technique, however. This means that Nagato used his remaining chakra to revive and heal the entire village.

There seem to be some limitations besides just the distance. I doubt he could heal a severed head or torsoe. Something Orochimaru could do, but he wasn't human anymore. As far as Jiraiya, his body is at the bottom of the lake and has probably been eaten by the fishies. We can probably safely assume that Nagato can only ressurect recently dead bodies that just need their spirit back plus some healing.

I don't think Jiraiya would have ever left Nagato if he knew Nagato could bring back the dead. So we can also safely assume Nagato would have saved Yahiko, his parents, or anyone else for that matter if he knew how to use the ressurection technique at the time.

As far as what happend: it sucks. It totally cheapens the deaths. You almost feel robbed. However, I'm about 48% pissed off to 52% happy that Kakashi is alive. The ressurection technique may have killed what would have been the most bad ass arc ever, but the Kakashi revival saved the series (is that the word we use?). Who knows, Kishimoto might not have meant to ressurect everyone, but received some threatening phone calls after killing Kakashi off, originally.

On a side note: Nagato's ability to just ressurect and heal people seems like it would be the perfect technique to have if you were, per chance, striving for world peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam98034 View Post
    I don't think Jiraiya would have ever left Nagato if he knew Nagato could bring back the dead. So we can also safely assume Nagato would have saved Yahiko, his parents, or anyone else for that matter if he knew how to use the ressurection technique at the time.
    To be fair, even if he didn't know Nagato could bring back the dead, leaving Nagato was the dumbest thing ever.

You have an orphan, with the most powerful Kekkei Genki in the world, who considers you his master, and instead of bringing him and his friends back to your village, you just leave him to his own devices?

There is no level on which that makes sense. Considering the lengths ninjas go to to protect or steal lesser KGs, having the Rinnegan user and having him pretty much willing to follow you around, and not taking him?

Even the more assholish Leaf ninja like Danzo, who probably would have considered the kid a threat for being from another village, would still probably have preferred the rinnegan user be in the village where they could keep an eye on him.

There seem to be some limitations besides just the distance. I doubt he could heal a severed head or torsoe. Something Orochimaru could do, but he wasn't human anymore. As far as Jiraiya, his body is at the bottom of the lake and has probably been eaten by the fishies. We can probably safely assume that Nagato can only ressurect recently dead bodies that just need their spirit back plus some healing.
    I think time HAS to be an issue. From Konan's reactions, she implies that Nagato wouldn't die from using that technique if he wasn't already exhausted from fighting Naruto. If time wasn't an issue, he could have just rested up, THEN resurrected everyone.

Pain brought back his bodies on more than one occasion and they weren't killed by him.

So, no. The revival jutsu isn't limited to the people he kills. Or else Konan's words that he controls death and life would be a lie.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnder View Post
    I think time HAS to be an issue. From Konan's reactions, she implies that Nagato wouldn't die from using that technique if he wasn't already exhausted from fighting Naruto. If time wasn't an issue, he could have just rested up, THEN resurrected everyone.
    You're right, but for the same reason I'm right. The body just decomposes with time to a point where putting the spirit back in doesn't do anything.

He has to summon that statue with the big mouth to use it; we have seen him do this before to ressurect the other Pains. He ressurected his other bodies that Jiraiya killed. This also means he can ressurect anyone, not just someone he killed. The statue seems to have some sort of radius that probably depends on how much chakra Nagato uses. A whole village seemed a little much for him.

Quote Originally Posted by antiravage View Post
    Pain brought back his bodies on more than one occasion and they weren't killed by him.

So, no. The revival jutsu isn't limited to the people he kills. Or else Konan's words that he controls death and life would be a lie.
    Thanks for clearing that up.

And exactly what "spirits" was he resurrecting when he brought back the Pain bodies? They're just dummies with Nagato's chakra, as far as we know as the audience.

Sounds like a plot hole.

It seems there some healing powers as well that come with the reviving. So I bet the bodies are just getting healed through that technique. They seem to be actual living bodies with no soul attached.