Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Naruto Chapter 507

Naruto Chapter 507

mangastream / binktopia

MediaFire | Online Viewing

Cool chapter, though this means kisame is dead next week, no way he can even remotely survive these odds.
    -----------------

Blog Entries
    Wow... is it me or is this the first time Kishimoto didn't redeem a villain through flashbacks?

I'll miss Kisame,
    he was one bad-ass mofo.
    'twas a great chapter
    When man invented the bicycle he reached the peak of his attainments. Here was a machine of precision and balance for the convenience of man. And (unlike subsequent inventions for man's convenience) the more he used it, the fitter his body became. Here, for once, was a product of man's brain that was entirely beneficial to those who used it, and of no harm or irritation to others. Progress should have stopped when man invented the bicycle. ~Elizabeth West, Hovel in theHills

Wow! That was badass. Guy is badass! Its sad if Kisame goes, from the outset he was just too freaking amazing. And now just like so many he is about to bite it. If I was the axis of evil I would be worried with so many badies droping left and right. But I guess with our losses too it almost evens out.

If I am keeping score right, we should lose someone on our side shortly too. Someone relevant but random too...

Yeah but did they guy probing Kisame's brain get to see Madara's face, or did he bite his tongue in time?

Quite symbolic that, too.

Regardless, now Naruto is going to have to pummel him.

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel View Post
    Wow... is it me or is this the first time Kishimoto didn't redeem a villain through flashbacks?
    He sort of did though. Kisame was a ruthless bad guy who would kill anyone anytime, but the flashbacks showed that he killed to protect information, and that he was really just a poor lost soul searching for belonging. Basically, he turned Kisame into Kimmimaro via these flashbacks.

Blog Entries
    Bulshit, he was smiling even as he killed them

Sure he had a reason for it, but that doesn't take from the fact that he enjoyed killing his team mates and even his own teacher

No redemption, Kisame was a badass motherfucking shark to the end

Awesome user with default custom title Uchiha Barles's Avatar
    I SAID DON'T MOVE! *Pound*

That was ruthless, and one of my favorite panels in all of the manga. If I say don't move, don't fucking move! To think Guy's the one with this personality trait...pure win xD. Also, it's about time guy showed some badassery on the level you'd expect from some who supposedly rivals Kakashi.

edit: Oh, and Kisame's tongue bitten off emotes remind me of Gau from FF6 xD.
    Last edited by Uchiha Barles; Thu, 08-26-2010 at 10:57 AM.
    "You are not free whose liberty is won by the rigour of other, more righteous souls. Your are merely protected. Your freedom is parasitic, you suck the honourable man dry and offer nothing in return. You who have enjoyed freedom, who have done nothing to earn it, your time has come. This time you will stand alone and fight for yourselves. Now you will pay for your freedom in the currency of honest toil and human blood."

- Inquisitor Czevak

Based on this performance I would say Gai is currently more badass than Kakashi. Have we seen Gai exhausted/lose/knocked out yet from a fight?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DB_Hunter View Post
    Based on this performance I would say Gai is currently more badass than Kakashi. Have we seen Gai exhausted/lose/knocked out yet from a fight?
    You have to take into account how badass kakashi is all the time and how Gai only has these moments of super badassery

All in all I'd say they're even

I really cannot remember any moments other than this one where guy happened to be a super badass. Badass, sure, kind of like Asuma badass, disposable badass. Thing is, this match up just happens to be very gimmicky. Kisame's trump technique involves absorbing the opponent's chakra, while Guy's techniques have no molded chakra to be absorbed (and yet still able to achieve ninjutsu like utility...). Kakashi, was never in such a gimmicky fight where he had the gimmicky upper hand.
    "You are not free whose liberty is won by the rigour of other, more righteous souls. Your are merely protected. Your freedom is parasitic, you suck the honourable man dry and offer nothing in return. You who have enjoyed freedom, who have done nothing to earn it, your time has come. This time you will stand alone and fight for yourselves. Now you will pay for your freedom in the currency of honest toil and human blood."

- Inquisitor Czevak

I can see this ending one way or another. Guy going 7, maybe 8, gates to defeat him without using chakra so he can't absorb it. Or 2), Naruto in Sage mode lets him suck his chakra so that he turns into a frog statue.

Also Ibiki is always bad-ass. Needs more of him.

Gai did spend a long ass time fighting himself for a while, that was kind of lame. This is a redeeming moment for him indeed.

assertnfailure (7:40:03 PM): dude....your posts are a bunch of nonsense

Quote Originally Posted by Uchiha Barles View Post
    I really cannot remember any moments other than this one where guy happened to be a super badass. Badass, sure, kind of like Asuma badass, disposable badass. Thing is, this match up just happens to be very gimmicky. Kisame's trump technique involves absorbing the opponent's chakra, while Guy's techniques have no molded chakra to be absorbed (and yet still able to achieve ninjutsu like utility...). Kakashi, was never in such a gimmicky fight where he had the gimmicky upper hand.
    Sharingan Copy?

Which incidently no one seems to use anymore.

Blog Entries
    True, the sharingan's natural abilities seem to have been forgotten now that everyone has a MS these days

ANBU Captain
    That multiple sclerosis is pretty crazy.....effecting manga everywhere.

Anyways I hope we get to see the rookies after this battle. Its time to see how konoha is preparing for this war.

Sharingan Copy?

Which incidently no one seems to use anymore.
    I meant in the sense of "Haha, look at my super powered ability!!" "Oh yeah, well look at my super powered ability, which is a DIRECT counter to everything your superpowered ability is about!"

"My superpowered ability absorbs chakra!" "Well great! None of my attacks USE chakra making your super powered ability USELESS!"

The sharingan was more of a power that came in handy in every fight, and never did the sharingan (not kakashi's anyway) seem like a power MADE to directly counter another fighter's ability. The Guy vs. Kisame thing, despite their history, just seems...contrived.

- Inquisitor Czevak

Quote Originally Posted by toonice714 View Post
    That multiple sclerosis is pretty crazy.....effecting manga everywhere.

Anyways I hope we get to see the rookies after this battle. Its time to see how konoha is preparing for this war.
    Well lets see....

Pain by himself could defeat the entirety of Konoha minus Naruto.
    Deidara and Sasori could each defeat the entirety of the sand village by themselves.
    Itachi with some help from Madara could defeat the entire Uchiha clan, which used to be the strongest bloodline or something.
    Kakuzu was kicking ass for the past 100 years.
    Kabutoro is apparently stronger than Orochimaru used to be.

Madara is for all intents and purposes a god, and close descendant of the creator of all jutsu, meanwhile the other akatsuki listed are immortal zombies, and so far the only known way of permanently killing them is to seal their souls.

Nobody except for Naruto, Bee, and Sasuke would be able to do shit against these guys.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

I think you forget
    one special little rookie
    Konohamaru
    When man invented the bicycle he reached the peak of his attainments. Here was a machine of precision and balance for the convenience of man. And (unlike subsequent inventions for man's convenience) the more he used it, the fitter his body became. Here, for once, was a product of man's brain that was entirely beneficial to those who used it, and of no harm or irritation to others. Progress should have stopped when man invented the bicycle. ~Elizabeth West, Hovel in theHills