Thread: Naruto Chapter 507

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DB_Hunter View Post
    Based on this performance I would say Gai is currently more badass than Kakashi. Have we seen Gai exhausted/lose/knocked out yet from a fight?
    You have to take into account how badass kakashi is all the time and how Gai only has these moments of super badassery

All in all I'd say they're even

Awesome user with default custom title Uchiha Barles's Avatar
    I really cannot remember any moments other than this one where guy happened to be a super badass. Badass, sure, kind of like Asuma badass, disposable badass. Thing is, this match up just happens to be very gimmicky. Kisame's trump technique involves absorbing the opponent's chakra, while Guy's techniques have no molded chakra to be absorbed (and yet still able to achieve ninjutsu like utility...). Kakashi, was never in such a gimmicky fight where he had the gimmicky upper hand.
    "You are not free whose liberty is won by the rigour of other, more righteous souls. Your are merely protected. Your freedom is parasitic, you suck the honourable man dry and offer nothing in return. You who have enjoyed freedom, who have done nothing to earn it, your time has come. This time you will stand alone and fight for yourselves. Now you will pay for your freedom in the currency of honest toil and human blood."

- Inquisitor Czevak

Quote Originally Posted by Uchiha Barles View Post
    I really cannot remember any moments other than this one where guy happened to be a super badass. Badass, sure, kind of like Asuma badass, disposable badass. Thing is, this match up just happens to be very gimmicky. Kisame's trump technique involves absorbing the opponent's chakra, while Guy's techniques have no molded chakra to be absorbed (and yet still able to achieve ninjutsu like utility...). Kakashi, was never in such a gimmicky fight where he had the gimmicky upper hand.
    Sharingan Copy?

Which incidently no one seems to use anymore.

Awesome user with default custom title Uchiha Barles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DB_Hunter View Post
    Sharingan Copy?

Which incidently no one seems to use anymore.
    I meant in the sense of "Haha, look at my super powered ability!!" "Oh yeah, well look at my super powered ability, which is a DIRECT counter to everything your superpowered ability is about!"

"My superpowered ability absorbs chakra!" "Well great! None of my attacks USE chakra making your super powered ability USELESS!"

The sharingan was more of a power that came in handy in every fight, and never did the sharingan (not kakashi's anyway) seem like a power MADE to directly counter another fighter's ability. The Guy vs. Kisame thing, despite their history, just seems...contrived.
    "You are not free whose liberty is won by the rigour of other, more righteous souls. Your are merely protected. Your freedom is parasitic, you suck the honourable man dry and offer nothing in return. You who have enjoyed freedom, who have done nothing to earn it, your time has come. This time you will stand alone and fight for yourselves. Now you will pay for your freedom in the currency of honest toil and human blood."

- Inquisitor Czevak