Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One Piece Episode 463

Holy shit did Marco win the fruit lottery.

Flames, flying, AND regeneration. Because he can turn into a pheonix.

Now I'm greatly looking forward to the inevitable Dragon zoan.

And Aikanu is a lava logia, to the surprise of nobody...

Man, Oars Jr? Wtf man! That's crazy! What the hell boat was he even riding?!

Also, lady giant is a hottie.

Oars was probably riding that big boat that had "OARS" on the sail lol

Marco's Zoan Fruit features some Logia properties, so that makes him pretty broken

The admirals seem like they can practically fly as well, so I imagine it all works out just the same. Very nicely packaged episode this time.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Assertn View Post
    The admirals seem like they can practically fly as well, so I imagine it all works out just the same. Very nicely packaged episode this time.
    Pretty much every logia we've seen were able to jump to great heights by riding on their element
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnder View Post
    Man, Oars Jr? Wtf man! That's crazy! What the hell boat was he even riding?!

Also, lady giant is a hottie.
    If you look carefully you can find Oars Junior's Jolly Roger in the boats that came to back up Whitebeard

Yeah she's hawt, but being a giant and all there's no way for a dude not to feel ... underprivileged
    Last edited by Archangel; Sun, 08-22-2010 at 12:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel View Post
    If you look carefully you can find Oars Junior's Jolly Roger in the boats that came to back up Whitebeard
    But....he's like 4 times the size of the boats...how does he ride it?

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel View Post
    Yeah she's hawt, but being a giant and all there's no way for a dude not to feel ... underprivileged
    *cough*...3rd Gear.

when whitebeard blew off one of them lava balls a boulder appeared

so akainu isn't pure lava?

Quote Originally Posted by Assertn View Post
    I guess it depends on whether you'd rather be mostly invulnerable, or able to regenerate anything. I think I'd rather have the latter, since every Logia seems to have some material/element that hurts them(also Haki and Seastone). Whereas Marco can probably just heal any injury as long as he's not in contact with seastone.

Quote Originally Posted by humpburger View Post
    when whitebeard blew off one of them lava balls a boulder appeared

so akainu isn't pure lava?
    Lava is just hot rock. If you cool it off, it would just turn into...rock.

In a way Akainu's power allows him to control 2 elements Rock and Fire.

"Life is hilariously cruel" by Bender

For some reason, I can't stop thinking about Godzilla.

I guess it depends on whether you'd rather be mostly invulnerable, or able to regenerate anything. I think I'd rather have the latter, since every Logia seems to have some material/element that hurts them(also Haki and Seastone). Whereas Marco can probably just heal any injury as long as he's not in contact with seastone.
    How is "healing any injury as long as he's not in contact with seastone" any different from a Logia? There are Logia out there with scars and stuff. For example, Smoker got a scar on his chest in the time between Alabasta, and when he was shown after Ennies Lobby.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentenal View Post
    How is "healing any injury as long as he's not in contact with seastone" any different from a Logia?
    Because Seastone+Darkness Fruit+Ocean << Seastone+Darkness Fruit+Ocean+Haki attacks+Elemental Weakness

It's at least two less weaknesses.

The tradeoff being that Macro seems to actually take damage, it just goes away. While Logia users usually just have things they aren't weak against pass through them.

Blog Entries
    But....he's like 4 times the size of the boats...how does he ride it?

*cough*...3rd Gear.
    He has a bigger boat?

Also lol, i bet there's already an hentai out there capitalizing on that idea

Oars was probably riding that big boat that had "OARS" on the sail lol

Marco's Zoan Fruit features some Logia properties, so that makes him pretty broken
    ah ha ha ha

Because Seastone+Darkness Fruit+Ocean << Seastone+Darkness Fruit+Ocean+Haki attacks+Elemental Weakness

It's at least two less weaknesses.

The tradeoff being that Macro seems to actually take damage, it just goes away. While Logia users usually just have things they aren't weak against pass through them.
    Marco's "invulnerability" so far has been shown to be exactly the same type of invulnerability that Logia users enjoy.

Also I'm not sure how a Logia's cumulative weaknesses vs Marco's cumlative weaknesses has anything to do with Marco's phoenix power giving him the same restorative properties a Logia user has.

I imagine it's at least somewhat painful.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Blog Entries
    So far the only thing Marco seems to have over the logia fruit is that there is no element weakness against a Phoenix, i'm pretty sure Haki still fucks him up just as badly as the next guy

Yeah but Haki fucks up everyone. It doesn't matter if haki fucks up marco though if the wounds just heal afterwords.

That's what I'm saying, is having MOST shit not effect you better than having EVERYTHING regenerate?

Marco's "invulnerability" so far has been shown to be exactly the same type of invulnerability that Logia users enjoy.
    In what way? Attacks on people like Smoker and Enel etc. simply pass through them harmlessly.

Marco was not unharmed by the attack, he clearly recoiled from the hit, and his wings
    were shredded, he simply healed immediately.

That's not the same at all.

On an unrelated note, is it just me, or is Akainu the least cartoony looking character in the whole series? He looks more like a real person than anyone.

In fact, was just noticing how much Kizaru looks like Sammy Davis Jr, and Akainu looks like Frank Sinatra.

Blog Entries
    Yeah and when you attack Aokoji he breaks into tiny pieces and then regenerates

I'm not saying you're wrong, just that it's too soon to tell how far Marco's regenerating skills truly go

Yeah but Haki fucks up everyone. It doesn't matter if haki fucks up marco though if the wounds just heal afterwords.

That's what I'm saying, is having MOST shit not effect you better than having EVERYTHING regenerate?

In what way? Attacks on people like Smoker and Enel etc. simply pass through them harmlessly.

Marco was not unharmed by the attack, he clearly recoiled from the hit, and his wings
    were shredded, he simply healed immediately.

That's not the same at all.

On an unrelated note, is it just me, or is Akainu the least cartoony looking character in the whole series? He looks more like a real person than anyone.

In fact, was just noticing how much Kizaru looks like Sammy Davis Jr, and Akainu looks like Frank Sinatra.
    Luffy completely shattered Aokiji into pieces with Gomu Gomu Storm, Crocodile's head has been severed, etc etc. And then they just regenerate. When Ace was shot by Blackbeard's guys, he still had flaming holes in himself before they closed up. I'm not seeing any difference.