Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Game: Batman: Arkham City

Awesome user with default custom title UChessmaster's Avatar

Game: Batman: Arkham City

Sequel to Arkham Asylum, not much is known about this game but hey, we have a picture and a trailer.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/sp...n-arkham/59828

Confirmed so far: Catwoman, Harley Quinn, The Joker

Semi-confirmed: Black Mask, The Penguin, Two Face.
    You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end each of us must work for his own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful. -Marie Curie

Didn't the Joker like, die or something in the last one? I forget.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

No, I think he got arrested after he came down off the venom.

Yet to play the first one. Am I missing out?
    "Our hearts are full of memories but not all of them reflect the truth. The heart isn't a recording device. Even important memories change with time. They warp or fade, leaving us with but a shadow of what we hoped to remember." 天の道を行き、全てを司る。これは僕の世界。

Yes, it's a pretty fantastic game.
    -----------------

Quote Originally Posted by Assertn View Post
    Didn't the Joker like, die or something in the last one? I forget.
    Right, Joker got arrested and sent back to Arkham, Batman doesn`t kills.

Quote Originally Posted by Psyke
    Yet to play the first one. Am I missing out?
    The original is a fun (but short) game that focuses on stealth as you defat the patroling goons in a Batman-ish way or beating up a lot of goons in a hit/counter system, it also has a lot of riddles and cameos for you to find as well as some challenge modes that will take quite a bit to defeat.

The PS3 version gets some extra challenges where you play as the Joker.

If you like games like this i suggest trying the demo, not sure if it`s available on PSN though, it probably is, if you`re a Batman fan this is a must buy.
    You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end each of us must work for his own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful. -Marie Curie

Well I know batman doesn't kill anyone, but I thought the joker basically jacked himself up after injecting the toxin.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Quote Originally Posted by Assertn View Post
    Well I know batman doesn't kill anyone, but I thought the joker basically jacked himself up after injecting the toxin.

You would think so, but no. He just got arrested.

Catwoman is going to be playable.

Batman: Arkham City Catwoman Reveal

Great news!!! And to those who haven't played the first one, you are missing a lot! Play it!

Thanks shinta|hikari for the sig.

Twelve Minutes of Arkham City Gameplay Footage

Don't watch if you don't want to be spoiled.

Riddler Trailer

Penguin Reveal Trailer

Grundy!

I'm playing through Arkham Asylum before I try Arkham City. For the Riddler trophies, do some of them require you to return later with some new gadget/ability you didn't have the first time you encountered the trophy?

The first one I saw was behind a destructable wall but I had not acquired batgel at that time.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

I completed Asylum and City back to back, with all Riddler challenges cleared. And yes, you need to collect some of the power ups first and there's a lot of back tracking to be done.
    "Our hearts are full of memories but not all of them reflect the truth. The heart isn't a recording device. Even important memories change with time. They warp or fade, leaving us with but a shadow of what we hoped to remember." 天の道を行き、全てを司る。これは僕の世界。

Thanks for the answer. I doubt I can play both games back to back. I'm not that big a fan of the Batman universe at this point. Maybe when the new movie comes out I'll be more interested. I guess it goes with my aversion to replaying games and rewatching movies... I got all 3 Uncharted games, but after playing 3, I'm waiting a month or more to play 1 and then another few months before 2.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

I have both Asylum and City waiting to be played whenever i get bored, currently i'm still playing Skyrim and from the looks of things i'm guessing Diablo III is likely to be released sometime late January/Feb, and that will keep me busy for quite some time.

"Always be yourself... unless you suck."

To be fair, the backtracking has enough differences and variety to keep both games fresh, and it seldom feels like a chore. Solid games, and you should give it a go.