Thread: Naruto Shippuuden Episode 172

Naruto Shippuuden Episode 172

[HorribleSubs] Naruto Shippuuden - 172 - 720p | 480p

Next week seems to be more interesting. Still, an ok episode
    Hakke Rokujūyon Shō!

Was okay, but this ninja from the chuunin-exams didn't fit in very well...
    if they want to put filler-scenes in it, then they should think twice how they do it.

Awesome user with default custom title UChessmaster's Avatar
    What? his puppy died? well that explains it.
    You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end each of us must work for his own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful. -Marie Curie

Yeah, I'm really hoping that the two tragedies he was talking about were his parents deaths and Yahiko's death and not his parents and that stupid dog.

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticCat View Post
    Was okay, but this ninja from the chuunin-exams didn't fit in very well...
    if they want to put filler-scenes in it, then they should think twice how they do it.
    Those chuunin ninjas were Hidden Rain ninjas. So it makes sense that one of the Hidden Rain ninja would look like them. Hell, even Hanzo wears their trademark rebreather(which they finally explained why they wear them, apparently there's a lot of poison mist in the Rain).

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnder View Post
    Yeah, I'm really hoping that the two tragedies he was talking about were his parents deaths and Yahiko's death and not his parents and that stupid dog.
    I don't believe that he mentioned his dog being his second tragedy specifically. And in all fairness, the dog did save his life and give him something to live for.

Good ep. Had a lot of good parts. It is nice to see what war does when you are caught in the cross fire. Very universal theme that lives today.

assertnfailure (7:40:03 PM): dude....your posts are a bunch of nonsense

How did the dog saved his life exactly?
    You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end each of us must work for his own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful. -Marie Curie

Eh, this could've moved quicker, but overall ok. Next week looks promising.

Quote Originally Posted by UChessmaster View Post
    How did the dog saved his life exactly?

Similar to this

I think it was closer to the dog keeping him awake and from going into a comatose after being starved.

Ehm, the dog saved him by waking him up while he was breathing water in the shallow pool of water.

I think the poisonous mist is only present during the war, would be strange is there would suddenly be poisonous mist coming out of nowhere.
    Hakke Rokujūyon Shō!

Quote Originally Posted by ASSpirine View Post
    Ehm, the dog saved him by waking him up while he was breathing water in the shallow pool of water.

I think the poisonous mist is only present during the war, would be strange is there would suddenly be poisonous mist coming out of nowhere.
    Eh, if its near a geologically active area - sulfur and other volcanic fumes and whatnot. Could be possible.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnder View Post
    Those chuunin ninjas were Hidden Rain ninjas. So it makes sense that one of the Hidden Rain ninja would look like them.
    c'mon, he looked exactly like him and it's about 20 years before. it's like using a Kakashi-look-a-like for an irrelevant appearence of a konoha-nin.

about the poison mist. Am I wrong, or did Yahiko just assume that the mist was poisonous? I mean, wouldn't Jiraiya & his pals have died if there really was any poison?

c'mon, he looked exactly like him and it's about 20 years before. it's like using a Kakashi-look-a-like for an irrelevant appearence of a konoha-nin.

about the poison mist. Am I wrong, or did Yahiko just assume that the mist was poisonous? I mean, wouldn't Jiraiya & his pals have died if there really was any poison?
    Given all the rain ninja with re-breathers, it would seem like it is common knowledge. And they had those helmets from the moment the set out, so were likely expecting it.

c'mon, he looked exactly like him and it's about 20 years before.
    He was upside down, you couldn`t see his face at all...

It was his dad

Quote Originally Posted by Kagemane_no_Jutsu View Post
    It was his dad
    Well that ends the argument.

Except there were 3 Rain ninja in the Chuunin exam and they ALL looked like that. So it's obviously a common motif.

okay, you've got me. But they took the easy way by using him.
    and this doesn't explain why Jirayia, Tsunade and Oro don't need those masks.

Quote Originally Posted by UChessmaster View Post
    Well that ends the argument.
    usually, the argument is over if someone mentiones Hitler or Nazis --> Godwin's Law

Episode would of been cooler if Nagato ate Chibi. No point in both of them starving to death. I bet Chibi would of mauled Nagato once his eyes closed for good.