Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: One Piece Chapter 595

Quote Originally Posted by FireEmblem View Post
    I don't see how the alternative routes couldn't have given equally good results without the psychotic nature of Akainu's actions. =p
    In terms of being certain that all the scholars on the ship were wiped out, completely obliterating it is the best result. Any other method could not be as quick or certain. It all depends on what your objective really is : Making sure all scholars are wiped out vs Wiping out as many scholars as possible while minimizing collateral damage. Akainu seemed to realize that the 1st objective was probably more important to the WG in that situation.

There are probably other methods to deal with low morale amongst troops, but I only saw Akainu do something about it. Did Aokiji even recognize the issue and try something like rallying his troops and instill some confidence in them? Even then, I still think Akainu's method is more effective. Even extremely demoralized troops will stand and fight when they know that running is not an option. A soldier who is surrounded and fighting to the death will do alot more damage than a soldier with doubts and an avenue of escape.

His nature does not mean he is stupid or would make a bad leader. I still see him making plenty of decisions that help the marines accomplish their overall objectives, even if the means are ruthless.
    Last edited by Splash!; Sat, 08-07-2010 at 02:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Splash! View Post
    His nature does not mean he is stupid or would make a bad leader.
    Stupid, no. Bad leader in general, no. Bad leader for the upholding military of world government that propagandizes "justice", yes. There is more factor in leadership than good consistence warfare strategics. To maintain unity and morale are major factors and Akainu is basically adsorb in his own ideology and doesn't care for anyone elses which is a case for an inevitable movement to repel against him.

I just don't see Aokiji working under Akainu and I assume similar personalities would just leave the Marines altogether. That is significant enough for making Akainu fleet admiral a horrible idea. Having "attempted murder on a fellow marine" in your resume doesn't really scream fleet admiral material either.

With that said, he would make a badass pirate king contender. Even Blackbeard is running away from him. ^_^
    Last edited by humpburger; Sun, 08-08-2010 at 06:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by humpburger View Post
    I just don't see Aokiji working under Akainu and I assume similar personalities would just leave the Marines altogether. That is significant enough for making Akainu fleet admiral a horrible idea. Having "attempted murder on a fellow marine" in your resume doesn't really scream fleet admiral material either.
    Ruthless dictators can do much worse and still get by with a majority of the population being behind them in many cases. Fear and power is an important motivator for obedience. For the purposes of leading an organization under direct command of the WG, this alone is sufficient. He does not have to idealogically agree with all his subordinates. His superior accomplishments alone would be sufficient to shut up those who dont approve of his promotion.

At the end of the day they are all puppets and so you have to think about it accordingly. Looking at it from the WG point of view, people like Sengoku and Garp leaving their post at this critical time sort of makes it obvious that at some level they do not entirely approve of the WG's actions. To let a guy like Aokiji with a similar philosophy take the lead role is not necessarily a good idea. A person like him could idealogically influence the entire marine organziation to quite possibly turn against the WG in the future. Akainu on the other hand would be enough of a leader to lead the marines against pirates and criminals, but if he were to go against the WG and refuse their orders at any point, he probably wouldn't have any support. For them, it makes more sense to appoint Akainu because he poses no long term threat to them and can be quite easily replaced if need be.

There is no question that Aokiji would definitely make a better leader if the marines were an independent organization that upheld justice and were entirely driven by noble intentions. But they aren't so its a bad idea to have someone who can easily exploit confusion in the marine ranks that will result from being asked to do inethical things.
    Last edited by Splash!; Sun, 08-08-2010 at 11:49 AM.

There is no question that Aokiji would definitely make a better leader if the marines were an ********* organization that upheld justice and were entirely driven by noble intentions. But they aren't so its a bad idea to have someone who can easily exploit confusion in the marine ranks that will result from being asked to do inethical things.
    Actually from the eyes of citizens/marines/leaders of the WG, they are. So no question that Aokiji would definitely make a better leader. Yes, yes, I concur. Nice chatting with ya. ^_^

In THAT situation he would be a better leader because he shares the same ideology as those he leads and be at the very top of the command chain, so his ideals would the ideals of the organization. Not because he has demonstrated anything that makes him a better leader than Akainu other than having noble intentions (which has nothing to do with your leadership ability).

Sorry, but being the leader of an independent organization with a single objective and philosophy vs a sub organization with one philosophy and another objective are 2 entirely different things. The word "independent" is quite important.

There is no question that Aokiji would definitely make a better leader if the marines were an independent organization that upheld justice and were entirely driven by noble intentions. But they aren't so its a bad idea to have someone who can easily exploit confusion in the marine ranks that will result from being asked to do inethical things.
    Well, that is probably why Sengoku recommended him for the position. I think that maybe he figures that Aokiji is less willing to do the horrible, grisly things that the WG probably wants. I think, as far as conscience goes, Sengoku made the correct choice. In terms of what is best for the WG, Aikanu would probably be their best bet, as he would blindly follow their orders (and leave a ton of collateral damage in his wake) and push their brand of 'Absolute Justice'. He is kind of crazy though...

No, no, Aikanu killed marines and civilians in front of plenty of witnesses at Oraha. A solid case for animosity towards him in the marine ranks which diminishes unity, also a solid case for court-martial. The WG should consider him a media nightmare, a ticking time-bomb. I'm quite surprised the guy is not in prison, at least demoted. Image is very important people!

As for "blindly following orders", even Kizaru is a better candidate than him. Evident by the events of Oraha, Aikanu does not blindly follow orders. He insinuate his own sense of justice and order.

Sorry, but being the leader of an independent organization with a single objective and philosophy vs a sub organization with one philosophy and another objective are 2 entirely different things. The word "independent" is quite important.
    No, no, the word "independent" is not important, matter of fact it's even irrelevant because we're always been focusing on a sub organization. "..vs a sub organization with one philosophy and another objective" doesn't seem correct ether, WG/Sengoku/Aokiji has similar philosophy/objective, maintain order and security. The latter just has shown more sympathy and tolerance. It's not like Sengoku/Aokiji held any petition against executing the possible bloodline of Gold Roger. It's not WG/Aikanu vs Sengoku/Aokiji's philosophy people, it's WG/Sengoku/Aokiji vs Aikanu's philosophy. That's how over-the-top this guy is. WG/Sengoku/Aokiji wants to maintain order/security and avoid necessary conflict. Aikanu kills all that opposes him and worst of all... "I have no regrets!"

Anyway what are those green bars below your post count? Power levels? Lol

Read the rules, don't double post especially for something as silly as this.
    Last edited by Munsu; Fri, 08-13-2010 at 02:22 AM.

Awesome user with default custom title UChessmaster's Avatar
    Anyway what are those green bars below your post count? Power levels? Lol
    It`s a way for people to send you insults while keeping their nick covered like the pussies they are, please try not to double post, there`s and edit button for that, welcome to the forums, if you can survive 2 weeks, you`re golden, are you really 9 years old?
    You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end each of us must work for his own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful. -Marie Curie

I kind of want Akainu to be the fleet admiral. Feel like it'd make for more interesting conflicts as he tries to hunt down luffy.

No, no, Aikanu killed marines and civilians in front of plenty of witnesses at Oraha. A solid case for animosity towards him in the marine ranks which diminishes unity, also a solid case for court-martial. The WG should consider him a media nightmare, a ticking time-bomb. I'm quite surprised the guy is not in prison, at least demoted. Image is very important people!
    Except the all important fact that he is responsible for the death of WB and Ace. It can be just as easy to paint him as a 'hero of the war' who did what was necessary and produced when Sengoku and the others failed. You say all this, but you are still ignoring the fact that he gets more immediate results than anyone else. He was never demoted after the Ohara incident, but promoted, so clearly his moral values have gone unnoticed before. There is no way they are going to court martial him for his misbehaviour, because at the end of the day, those things are all just noise compared to his actual accomplishments.

As for "blindly following orders", even Kizaru is a better candidate than him. Evident by the events of Oraha, Aikanu does not blindly follow orders. He insinuate his own sense of justice and order.
    Its not about blindly following orders, but delivering on said orders more effectively than anyone else.

No, no, the word "independent" is not important, matter of fact it's even irrelevant because we're always been focusing on a sub organization. "..vs a sub organization with one philosophy and another objective" doesn't seem correct ether, WG/Sengoku/Aokiji has similar philosophy/objective, maintain order and security. The latter just has shown more sympathy and tolerance. It's not like Sengoku/Aokiji held any petition against executing the possible bloodline of Gold Roger.
    Sengoku was strongly opposed to the idea of hiding what happened at Impel Down. Garp actually kept Ace from the marines, when they were supposed to be executing all babies linked to Gold Roger. Those are the top 2 marines of the previous generation who are unhappy with or have blatantly defied orders. Showing sympathy and tolerence is a pretty big indicator of A DIFFERENCE IN PHILOSOPHY. Its the difference between "The Honourable Way" vs the "Absolute way". Btw, we dont know clearly what the objective of the WG, but its pretty obvious they are definitely not on the same page as the marines, and this difference is only going to grow in the future.

Btw, I reiterated the word 'independent' because you misquoted me, leaving the most important part out. Only in this hypothetical scenario would the choice of picking Aokiji the leader be as straightforward. But as you yourself said, the marines always were a suborganization, so my original argument about picking Akainu stands.
    Last edited by Splash!; Tue, 08-10-2010 at 11:43 AM.

Akainu is still pretty loco.

I second that; he seems to be quite unstable.

So how many circles has this conversation gone through so far?
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Supa Cyclical counterbroke)

AAA: Akainu supa cool
    BBB: Akainu supa loco
    XXX: Whitebeard is the new word for awesome?
    AAA: No! Akainu pwned Whitebeard. Therefore Akainu is the new word for awesome.

During Akainu first appearance everyone hated him and now everyone loves him.

And Blackbeard finally killed Whitebeard, not Akainu as i remember no matter how much Admirals attacked Whitebeard even if they took half of his head and he stilled plowed though them.

"Life is hilariously cruel" by Bender

Quote Originally Posted by rockmanj View Post
    I second that; he seems to be quite unstable.
    Excellent judgment there fellas but honestly, I love the guy. Hope he kills more.

Quote Originally Posted by UChessmaster View Post
    are you really 9 years old?
    Nah, I just turned 10.

you have to question some of the characters in the manga right now.... first the marines call an end to a war at there HQ which saw them suffer.... no losses at all? nothing, not one single person of note took any real damage during that fight, whitebeard was dead, ace was dead luffy was passed out and shanks demands an end...

Sen goku should have suggested whitebeard pirates and marines both join forces in order to execute blackbeard, an outcome that surley would have also pleased shanks. Instead they let blackbeard go, allow the whitebeard pirates to gain an incredible martyr figure head, Show to the every marine present the strength of shanks is roughley equivilent to the ENTIRE marines forces stationed there (since we know the white beard pirates would have went for blackbeard not the marines).

Next we see blackbeard running away from akainu... where is the sense in this? although he was clearly trying for some kind of trade for a ship was it impossible to think that perhaps the blackbeard crew featuring a captain that has captured the power of the former strongest pirate in the world, several people whoms actions, power and influence is so great that there entire exsistance was removed from the world along with other notable figures from the original crew would have been able to take down akainu?

Its weird that the squad captains from WB pirates fought almost equally with the marine admirals yet white beards entire crew runs dispite having the advantage of it only being one marine with a load of pissant no names on his ship. Are we to beleive that for example blackbeard would also run from marco and his merry band?

Just a few questionable decsions being made now.... akoiji being fleet admiral is not one of them though. Clearly from sengokus example the head of the marines no longer takes the field, this is also evident because garp refuses promotion. If the marines lose akainu it would be a bigger lose than if they lost if they lost the lazy akoiji IMHO. Seems akainu can beat almost anyone in a fight irespective of ability