Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Naruto Chapter 502

He wanted to get Minato out of the way long enough for the Fox to conclude its rampage, as, according to Minato, Madara would only be able to keep him summoned for a short time.

Interesting chapter indeed, it was pretty cool to see Minato actually DO something.
    There's a pretty obvious reason why Minato would never use sage mode: It simply isn't compatible with his fighting style at all. Remember, the whole trick to achieving sage mode is to stay still and concentrate on the flow of natural energy for a duration of time. Sounds like a huge detriment to a ninja whose talent lies in teleporting all over the place, no?
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Quote Originally Posted by Assertn View Post
    He wanted to get Minato out of the way long enough for the Fox to conclude its rampage, as, according to Minato, Madara would only be able to keep him summoned for a short time.

Interesting chapter indeed, it was pretty cool to see Minato actually DO something.
    There's a pretty obvious reason why Minato would never use sage mode: It simply isn't compatible with his fighting style at all. Remember, the whole trick to achieving sage mode is to stay still and concentrate on the flow of natural energy for a duration of time. Sounds like a huge detriment to a ninja whose talent lies in teleporting all over the place, no?
    That is a good point, he does move around quite a bit. Also I thought that the little old frog said that only Jiraya and Naruto could endure the Sage training because they had a mass amount of Chakra, maybe he was only saying that because the 4th died before he could even start the training.

assertnfailure (7:40:03 PM): dude....your posts are a bunch of nonsense

Quote Originally Posted by joker-kun View Post
    It's nice to finally see a hit land on Madara.

Maybe we will see Naruto do the same thing when/if he kills him.
    well, there was danzo's bodyguard with the virus thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Y View Post
    Good chapter, especially how badass Minato is. Was Madara trying to capture him in his weird alternate universe thing he later used to store Sasuke? Why would he want to capture the 4th anyway?
    I think if the 4th was sent to that universe, he wouldn't have been able to teleport out, and wouldn't have been able to interfere with Madara.

Actually I would think that Minato's space/time jutsu would make achieving sage mode EASIER. He could just teleport away, gather chakra, and teleport back to a fight. Not every opponent can chase after him, after-all. However, I did not expect him to know Sage Mode anyway. =p

Good chapter anyway! Though the encounter felt like it was missing a little flair to me. Good to know that the 2nd hokage knew space/time ninjutsu as well though. Basically proving that Orochimaru's little dolls were shit compared to their real counterparts. Or that Kishi can be pretty dumb.

Blog Entries
    Minato must be japanese for whitebeard

That was just unbelievably awesome, but i can't shake the feeling the Tobi will find a way out of it somehow

And another attack from the games makes it into the manga ( Minato teleport rasengan), this just solidifies even more that kishi is a consultant for them.

But yeah awesome chapter, it seems minato has a pretty large chakra pool himself, that or the space time jutsu's require little chakra.
    -----------------

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by darkshadow View Post
    And another attack from the games makes it into the manga ( Minato teleport rasengan), this just solidifies even more that kishi is a consultant for them.
    Meh, it was a pretty obvious application of both jutsus though

Also didn't ultimate ninja cheat a bit? I recall that he didn't really teleport towards a seal, just automatically behind them

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel View Post
    Meh, it was a pretty obvious application of both jutsus though

Also didn't ultimate ninja cheat a bit? I recall that he didn't really teleport towards a seal, just automatically behind them
    There was a seal on the kunai he threw.

Blog Entries
    On one special yeah, i'm talking about his rasengan where he just popped up behind you if you charged it to the max

sorry. I can't resist.
    I also can't directly link to 1:39.

so yeah.

sig made by Itachi-y2k5, thanks, dude!
    Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.

Yes a tiny bit, but this could be overseen as in the specials he plants a seal on the opponent. You could just see it as the opponent having one of those seals on them the whole fight.

I guess throwing a kunai before hand would just make the move inescapable/overpowered, and for gameplay purposes they just made it easier to dodge.

But yeah I just mentioned that because in an interview for ultimate ninja 2 I think it was, CC2 mentioned they consult with kishi for every move they want to put in it.
    -----------------

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Death BOO Z View Post
    sorry. I can't resist.
    I also can't directly link to 1:39.

so yeah.
    Goku was much more awesome though, he teleported right in front of him and blasted his face off

-----------------

Quote Originally Posted by FireEmblem View Post
    Actually I would think that Minato's space/time jutsu would make achieving sage mode EASIER. He could just teleport away, gather chakra, and teleport back to a fight. Not every opponent can chase after him, after-all. However, I did not expect him to know Sage Mode anyway. =p

I don't know if teleporting away to gather sage chakra would be a good idea, since it seems to take some time to do. I think the Nightcrawler-esque style he uses is just fine; ridiculous even, but in a good way. I really like how his style contrasts with Naruto, even though they have a few similarities. Naruto with access to crazy teleporting powers would be absolute overkill, although I do agree that something should be done to increase his speed.

Awesome user with default custom title Uchiha Barles's Avatar
    There's nothing stopping frogs from fusing with Minato to gather sage chakra while he fights.
    "You are not free whose liberty is won by the rigour of other, more righteous souls. Your are merely protected. Your freedom is parasitic, you suck the honourable man dry and offer nothing in return. You who have enjoyed freedom, who have done nothing to earn it, your time has come. This time you will stand alone and fight for yourselves. Now you will pay for your freedom in the currency of honest toil and human blood."

- Inquisitor Czevak

Yeah but you don't want clones from generation to generation. It's good if Minato doesn't know the Sage arts, it means he has his own unique style of fighting. Remember he developed the Rasengan himself so he must have done it to add to his armoury and hence his own fighting style.

I think what would be cool is if Naruto learnt some sealing techniques, as that would def take him on to another level. If he could learn how to seal up say the tailed beasts or some bloodline limit (Sharingan pehaps) then he would def be a legendary fighter in his own right.

Blog Entries
    About this page

http://mangastream.com/read/naruto/18388702/12

Were we ever told that the second hokage was good with space-time jutsus?
    Last edited by Archangel; Mon, 07-19-2010 at 04:27 AM.

Awesome user with default custom title UChessmaster's Avatar
    About this page

Where we ever told that the second hokage was good with space-time jutsus?
    OMG tobi = 2nd Hokage!
    You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end each of us must work for his own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful. -Marie Curie

Awesome user with default custom title poopdeville's Avatar
    About this page

Where we ever told that the second hokage was good with space-time jutsus?
    Kakashi Gaiden?
    "After all, I am strangely colored."

Quote Originally Posted by poopdeville View Post
    Kakashi Gaiden?
    Remember what I told you about reading other people's posts over and over again before you comment on them?