Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Asobi ni Iku yo!

Asobi ni Iku yo!

From ANN:

The story centers around Kio Kakazu , a high school freshman living in Okinawa. During a memorial service for one of his family ancestors. A mysterious girl with cat ears appears before him indroducing herself as Eris and claiming that she is an alien. However She be more troubling than he first realizes.

Episosde 1 DDL(TeamZebraman):

http://go2.wordpress.com/?id=725X134...rdpress.com%2F
    Last edited by TheBladeChild; Wed, 07-14-2010 at 03:59 PM.
    "Be sure to take this piece of $#!t(meant sheet)" - My dynamics professor(heavy japanese accent)

Sig and Avatar by Lucifus
    Current Games: League of Legends(Fuck, its got me hooked again -_-)

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    Nice picture/drawing quality.

But this is a WTFBBQ kind of show. How is it possible for one guy to have so many females from secret groups/services/military or whatever, having an allien coming home... said allien having huge boobs, cat ears and tail...

I just hope it'll be entertaining. Some shows taught us that having a good and/or rational plot wasn't a necessity to be fun and entertaining.
    Last edited by David75; Wed, 07-14-2010 at 01:38 PM.

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

These subs are god awful. I don't see how they could've translated nii-seinen (minor) as Freshman (ichi-nensei), not just once but multiple times. Not to mention there's a ton of other translation mistakes, as well as grammatical ones.

A cat girl being a alien....reminds me of Welcome to the NHK

Alternative subbers to TheZebraman for episode 1:

Ayako and SubDESU:

XVID:http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=144055

H264:http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=144056
    "Be sure to take this piece of $#!t(meant sheet)" - My dynamics professor(heavy japanese accent)

Uhh...was I reading the situation wrong, or does the society that the teacher belongs to come off a wee bit stranger (slightly NSFW) than the other groups? They are upset and complaining that the first alien to meet with humanity looks like "that," and refer to their cause as the "The Beautiful Contact." What the hell do they want, the first alien Earth meets with to be some random grey or a squid thing? Especially one that can't communicate in verbal languages. That was easily the weirdest thing in the entire episode of weird shit going on. The teacher was really really upset about it, despite their society definitely wanting alien contact, it confused the hell out of me.

I'm also not really sure if the neighbor and foreign lady are in the same group or a separate branch. I assume they are separate, because they are nowhere as fucking strange.

I really liked the Momiji/Futaba Aoi character. She quite obviously does have a thing for Kakazu, but she's also a bit psycho. Her powerarmor suit is quite clearly capable of surviving a large explosion, and she has confidence in her own survival skills without it too. I'm just not sure if she is human or not. Eris seemed to indicate that there were a number of species out there. Perhaps her kind was not the first to make it to Earth (the Sol one, not her planet Earth).
    Last edited by Ryllharu; Fri, 07-16-2010 at 08:33 PM.

Keep the fun coming!

I love it, I know that some eps down the line might get boring, but for now I love it

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

Team Zebraman is pretty bad. I'm going to wait for Ayako from here on out. The ED screwed up (really bad slowdown due to the karaoke) and the part after that was cut off. I checked the file against the torrent too.

Groups aside, this episode was even crazier than the first. The Beautiful Contact Cult turned out to be alright once they were threatened, but I kind of felt that the conflict with the would-be CIA neighbor girl was resolved a bit prematurely. She must really like Kio. Futaba (Momiji) was less of a surprise, but the two of them teaming up was.

I'm a bit confused as to where the series is going to go from here, though there is obviously a conflict between the catgirls and the "dogs," since Eris showed quite of bit of disdain for them in comparing the guy who had her imprisoned.

I hope Futaba/Momiji doesn't get sidelined from here. Kio didn't seem too disturbed by her true skills that much. He's a pretty easy going protagonist, and I liked his determination when he told his childhood friend that she will be telling him where they took Eris.

*Sigh* I said I was going to wait for a better group, but I can't. I watched it anyway. I cannot resist more Momiji/Aoi.

[TZMremux] Asobi​ ni Iku​ Yo​ 03 [1280x720]

-----------------------------------------------

Note: Immediately after the OP (which was rather bland btw) there is a Kampfer cameo by female Natsuru and Shizuku, along with their stuffed animals.

edit:

I really like Aoi. Really. She's a really excellent character in a number of ways, and Hanazawa Kana has been great playing these kind of dual-personality roles lately. What's more, the earth faction aligned with the Doggie Race (they really call themselves that...) had a number of very interesting details on Aoi, as scene during the presentation on her and Manami.

-----------------------------------
    Futaba Aoi:
    Mother: Dead.
    Father: kidnapped and missing years ago.
    Confirmed re-married to Garbilan (alien from planet Garble).

[Not sure on the spelling of Garbilan/Garblian. It is a bit unclear due to the grainy display].

Step-mother (Garblian): She looks to be in her late twenties.
    Half sister: She is physical and mentally elder than Aoki
    (Aoki?) caused by the Urashima effect in subspace.
    -----------------------------------

While a few of those things aren't exactly clear, like whether her sister's name is Aoki and which one appears older due to relativity, it seems as if there is plenty of explanation for Aoi's powers. I was guessing earlier, but it she seems to really be half alien!

Manami's background is a bit less exciting, but Itokazu-sensei's is kind of funny. I'm guessing some of the English is missing an "other than" in the "anything related to Sci-Fi..." in her comment field. It certainly would explain her twisted view of what First Contact should be.

Lastly, while it is nice that Kio gets to live with so many girls (are there even male aliens??), it feels a bit wrong that his house would get completely co-opted into the Katyian Embassy. If you think about it, he lost his home!
    Last edited by Ryllharu; Sun, 07-25-2010 at 05:53 PM.

That show is ridiculously awesomely ridiculous in so many ways

I keep grining and giggling every 10 seconds.

Unyaa!

Oh, Louise makes a little appearance too, I guess there are many more that a trained eye will catch.

The trio from blacksmith also made an appearance. It actually took me a few minute to remember who the girl next to louise was.

Antnia Lirimonie Norfedras Papanorgas Arecroteles Cnorses Morfenoss, geez someone must've had a lot of fun coming up with that name.

Aoi is really awesome, i can't get enough of her. Not too many calm quiet characters spends their time kneeing people in the face.

Episode 05

[Ayako-SubDESU] Asobi ni Iku Yo! - 05 - 720p | 400p

I knew bad eps would eventually come. I didn't think that would be so quick.
    Even the animation was showing drops in quality.

Let's forget that one and see what happens next time, I need some doggie interaction now

Quote Originally Posted by David75 View Post
    Let's forget that one and see what happens next time, I need some doggie interaction now
    I won't forget it, because Manami in that pink bikini was so sexy. Not to mention that she was wearing bunny ears and a tail to match. She's definitely my favorite girl on this show. The dog woman was quite nice as well, especially after she lost her suit <3.

Episode 07

[Ayako-SubDESU] Asobi ni Iku Yo! - 07 - 720p | 400p

Episode 08

[Ayako-SubDESU] Asobi ni Iku Yo! - 08 - 720p | 400p

Futaba-san is taller than the wimpy MC and her build seems to be stronger too.
    Strange how it wasn't that obvious before, but it was this ep when the two were together.

This contrast with her "nice innocent little girl" behavior is obvious, but it was very apparent too this time.

Other than that, the fanservice shots of inorganic antimater bullets were nice, nice idea, refreshing. Especially the one when Futaba is able to target a moving bullet and the scene right after