Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Naruto Shippuuden Episode 167

That little tidbit about the Death Seal always bugged me. Based on the fact that the Death Seal kills the user after its use what happens to the souls after is probably more speculative than anything else. That is, unless someone summoned the death god by sacrificing someone else's life and then asked the thing what it did with the souls it ate.

Quote Originally Posted by iMUSTbeTHEdevil View Post
    He was talking about in the episode when Naruto was walking towards the seal and we see the 4th chillin' on a mountain and opening his eyes as Naruto got closer to the seal.
    that's what I meant.

I think it was just some random foreshadowing to what was going to happen in like 5 seconds

This fight is memorable alright. For the good or bad reasons, it will be remembered by every naruto fan.This episode felt like dragon ball. The first half of the episode was crazy in every sense of the word.

Sankaku has an article about this ep. Site NSFW.

Naruto Achieves Legendary Quality

Blog Entries
    The whole community seems to be split on this

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel View Post
    The guy who did this episode is a legend in japan. I doubt they give a shit about what the overseas fans think. Episode 133 was huge there and so will this one be. The best Naruto episodes were done by him, from 30 to 71. So they could careless.

Damn, after reviewing that stuff in the link Marik provided... it was even worse then i could remember...

Seriously, it looks completely retarded.

"Always be yourself... unless you suck."

Quote Originally Posted by Penner View Post
    Damn, after reviewing that stuff in the link Marik provided... it was even worse then i could remember...

Seriously, it looks completely retarded.
    +1

.................................................. sig made by KitKat ..................................................

Yeah they went too far. They should remake the entire thing.

Awesome user with default custom title KrayZ33's Avatar
    wtf... you guys are serious?

In my opinion, this episode was the most awesome we ever had
    I can't believe you dislike it just because there were like 4 seconds of funny faces and road-runner legs.

the rest was totally impressive

we had lazers, force fields/shields, some kind of death-star
    kyuubi action, extreme enrage and a very dramatic climax at the point where the kyuubi reached the 8/9 tail form.

yes, I'm serious

the animation made clear that pain is nothing more than a dead puppet.
    and to mention it again
    SO MANY LAZERS AND PEW PEW

I'm being serious, this was a lot better than the fight with Team-Sasuke and the eight(?) tailed beast. *that* fight had even *more* silly scenes but it was still good and great

and this ep had 20 minutes full of non-stop kyuubi/high-level fighting
    thats exactly what I wanted to see and what I got.
    thats what *EVERYONE* here wanted to see for weeks and now you guys hang yourself up on a few silly animationes

Facial expressions were still a lot better than the "more detailed" normal animation of Naruto
    I nearly had to vomit after seeing the preview for the next ep, because it reminded me how boring and full of lame shit this series is normally..

just my 2-kyuubi-enrage cents for you

bye
    Last edited by KrayZ33; Sun, 07-04-2010 at 05:00 AM.

YEAH! Ya know what.... Imma stand by my original convictions. Cause you're right, and I was right. It wasn't like that was the entire episode. But if you look at the stills and gifs playing over and over then yeah youre gonna think it was the whole 20 minutes.

btw; my last post, total sarcasm.

Awesome user with default custom title Pandadice's Avatar
    whoa. Atsushi Wakabayashi came in as episode director and sakkan on this ep.. and it honestly isn't even recognizably Naruto. The action sequences were so wildy intense and off the wall. Everything was super energetic and flashy. It was nothing like a conventional Naruto episode, or episode of anything else I can think of. I loved every minute of it. Honestly if every episode was this energetic I'd enjoy this series a lot more.

It was some brilliant experimental animation in an industry that is so stagnant and generic these days.

user posted image

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel View Post
    It's mostly the people who take the manga way too seriously that hate the episode. The other people who hated the episode are the art-freaks, but I don't know why. Who cares if the action scenes have sketchy art? The talking scenes in the episode (where art actually does matter) had some of the best art this series has ever had, while the action scenes had some of the best animation this series has ever had.

I'd say this episode easily had the highest budget of any episode that the big 3 Shounen have put out to date (OP/Bleach/Naruto)
    Last edited by arondruiz; Sat, 07-03-2010 at 05:47 PM.

The battle was pretty epic. Although I personally didn't like the animation all that much. I know they were trying to make it look like they were moving super fast but common! Not to mention how animated Pain's face was, when for all the other times he was seen his expression was somber. In my opinion, Pain should not still be standing... Sage Mode Naruto took down 5 of the Pains, so 6 tails should be more than enough to take down one little Ninja. Granted Tendo/Tendou's power is pretty overpowered. All in all I hope the animation returns to normal.

Yondaime 4 T Win!

I love the new ending. Awesome song and awesome animation. And best of all... no more crappy ear-bleeding ore ska band.

Did Naruto just broke a collar worth 3 mountains?

Yondaime looking awesome.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RyougaZell View Post
    And nobody is gonna mention it ever again xD

Quote Originally Posted by RyougaZell View Post
    it seems re-reading this over and over isn't going to help me. no clue what you're trying to say here.

Quote Originally Posted by redcat View Post
    it seems re-reading this over and over isn't going to help me. no clue what you're trying to say here.
    Tsunade's necklace was worth 3 mountains according to Shizune, back when Naruto won it.

Though your confusion may come from the word collar... I assummed it was a synonym for necklace, since thats its spanish word. Archie understood though.