Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Naruto Shippuuden Episode 167

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    yah, i also thought that this was pretty strange. just like you guys said before: Loony Toons. But the scene were Kyuubi-Naruto hammered pain into the ground and he survived was really funny
    At first the animation confused me and made me think Pain transformed or something. A few minutes in I just settled with that the manga art was also this weird, and watched the episode for what it was, and checked later.

In any case, it's good now that I can forget 99% of what happened in this fight, since I would never figure out how the two can adapt their powers into laser beams.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Quote Originally Posted by kmkze04 View Post
    Well everyone's right about the bad animation at the start. What I meant more was that once the intense scenes towards the end started kicking in, I forgot all about the bad animation before it and got drawn into the scene. If I had only watched the first section, I'd be crying in Pain of my own.

Except for the railroad spike Pain getting hammered in. That was glory.
    The super high-speed motion scenes are drawn like that on purpose. It isn't "bad animation", the style is just hit or miss for people. It's something you either love or hate. The entire episode was done by very high profile animators. I dare you to find one badly drawn scene in the episode that isn't a high speed motion shot.

Quote Originally Posted by arondruiz View Post
    I dare you to find one badly drawn scene in the episode that isn't a high speed motion shot.

This episode is completely distorted.

Just as Aizen planned.

The super high-speed motion scenes are drawn like that on purpose. It isn't "bad animation", the style is just hit or miss for people. It's something you either love or hate. The entire episode was done by very high profile animators. I dare you to find one badly drawn scene in the episode that isn't a high speed motion shot.
    the style was animated badly. it's not like this is the first time ever that "super high-speed motion scenes" were animated.

.................................................. sig made by KitKat ..................................................

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    Originally Posted by arondruiz
    I dare you to find one badly drawn scene in the episode that isn't a high speed motion shot.
    Yeah, that one;or Nagato bleeding out of his nose....

It was a good episode, but I think that it I liked it more in the Manga. The fourth showed up at the very end of the chapter without any clues.

assertnfailure (7:40:03 PM): dude....your posts are a bunch of nonsense

Blog Entries
    Oh Good Lord, what did i just watch?

The motherfucking 4th hokage came out of fucking nowhere and nobody cares because apparently they got Wile E. Coyote and the Road Runner to animate this week's episode.

And not just the way they animated it, God Realm's Force Push is now a force field too against the Kyuubi's pew pew lasers and spewing fire. I don't even know where to begin in describing how much shit was made up for just this one episode. They even went as far as having him smile, something that we've never seen him do ( for reasons not yet explained ).

Someone needs to make a gif or a meme of Pain getting hammered down and then popping out his head and asking "Do you hate me?", that shit was fucking hilarious.

Awesome user with default custom title The Heretic Azazel's Avatar
    This.

I really, really enjoyed the animation. Apart from the roadrunner legs, which was pretty terrible, I think most everything had its place. Sure, it was super over the top, but it's such a welcome change of pace as far as I'm concerned. I even like that picture of Pein, it's just such a total mindfuck considering the emotionless bastard we know and love.

This style isn't always pretty. It's very fluid, but its randomness is not something everyone appreciates. It is something done to capture attention and it's in the same vein as the eternal anime staple of the distorted face/blank eyes/exaggerated expression, just on a more realistic scale. I guess I just like all that crazy shit, I did enjoy Kaiba.

I feel differently as it relates to the story. As stated, things weren't at this level of chaos in the manga, so Tendo wasn't catching death blows on a regular basis. It makes no sense for Tendo to survive all that after the other Paths of Pein were dispatched with a fraction of the effort. They are just corpses, after all. Tendo getting hammered into the ground was cool, and another thing I thought was really funny was Tendo going Bruce Lee on the Kyuubi's rock projectiles (2:48).
    "They call it 'The American Dream' because you have to be asleep to believe it" - George Carlin

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Heretic Azazel View Post
    This.

I really, really enjoyed the animation. Apart from the roadrunner legs, which was pretty terrible, I think most everything had its place. Sure, it was super over the top, but it's such a welcome change of pace as far as I'm concerned. I even like that picture of Pein, it's just such a total mindfuck considering the emotionless bastard we know and love.

This style isn't always pretty. It's very fluid, but its randomness is not something everyone appreciates. It is something done to capture attention and it's in the same vein as the eternal anime staple of the distorted face/blank eyes/exaggerated expression, just on a more realistic scale. I guess I just like all that crazy shit, I did enjoy Kaiba.

I feel differently as it relates to the story. As stated, things weren't at this level of chaos in the manga, so Tendo wasn't catching death blows on a regular basis. It makes no sense for Tendo to survive all that after the other Paths of Pein were dispatched with a fraction of the effort. They are just corpses, after all. Tendo getting hammered into the ground was cool, and another thing I thought was really funny was Tendo going Bruce Lee on the Kyuubi's rock projectiles (2:48).
    You say all this because you read the manga so all this came unexpectedly and fun to watch, imagine what sort of mindfuck this imposes on someone who's just following the anime

Awesome user with default custom title The Heretic Azazel's Avatar
    I went back and read the chapters after watching this, but they happened so long ago I had only remembered a couple of key points anyway. The manga is far enough ahead that the anime is enjoyable to relive.

Don't misunderstand me. Of course it's not "wrong" for anyone to not have enjoyed it, it's an acquired taste. If it were like that all the time I'm sure I would grow pretty tired of it, but it's cool to see how a different team handles the most epic fight in the story up to this point. It just needed something different from your average animation.
    "They call it 'The American Dream' because you have to be asleep to believe it" - George Carlin

The super high-speed motion scenes are drawn like that on purpose. It isn't "bad animation", the style is just hit or miss for people. It's something you either love or hate.
    That's bullshit because I absolutely loved the exact same style being used in fights like Oro vs. 3rd and Naruto vs. Sasuke 2. This episode was just straight up done shitty. It's like I said before, it's as if nobody told them they were going way over the top.

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel View Post
    And not just the way they animated it, God Realm's Force Push is now a force field too against the Kyuubi's pew pew lasers and spewing fire.
    I know right! Way to COMPLETELY ignore all of the stuff that was established previously. I mean, it was like a major plot point that entire episodes were hung on that the push has to be recharged after each use, so that rapid fire attacks are like his weakness. But then we have him using his Push as a forcefield against the Kyuubi's gatling fireballs.

I don't mind the quality of the animation. We've all seen worse. Anyone recall the animation during Sasori's part of the story? all those horrendous puppets; team gai fighting clones of themselves? remember how stiff, crappy, and slow the fighting was during their screentime? Put that same animation applied to what we just saw and i'd pick the "looney tunes" version anyday.

All in all, i really enjoyed the episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel View Post
    Oh Good Lord, what did i just watch?

The motherfucking 4th hokage came out of fucking nowhere and nobody cares because apparently they got Wile E. Coyote and the Road Runner to animate this week's episode.
    I simply took it as a programmed personality/hologram/whateveryouwannacallit that's part of his seal.

The seal was designed so that Minato pops up and helps Naruto somehow - with the end result being Naruto has 100% control over the Kyuubi without consequence.

I simply took it as a programmed personality/hologram/whateveryouwannacallit that's part of his seal.
    It's probably his ghost.

You know, like how Kakashi talked to his dad's ghost.

Only, you know, the 4th can do it while Naruto is still alive because he rocks so hard.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnder View Post
    It's probably his ghost.

You know, like how Kakashi talked to his dad's ghost.

Only, you know, the 4th can do it while Naruto is still alive because he rocks so hard.
    we know that the 4th mastered space-time-jutsu and the "other world" is just a different dimension. so, somehow, this makes sense.
    btw: wasn't the 4th standing on a mountain or something before he stopped Naruto? (I can't really remember.)

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticCat View Post
    we know that the 4th mastered space-time-jutsu and the "other world" is just a different dimension. so, somehow, this makes sense.
    btw: wasn't the 4th standing on a mountain or something before he stopped Naruto? (I can't really remember.)
    But we've been told that casters of the Death Seal get to spend eternity with Death or something.

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticCat View Post
    He stood on Gamabunta

But we've been told that casters of the Death Seal get to spend eternity with Death or something.
    That's what the third said.
    Hakke Rokujūyon Shō!

[QUOTE=ASSpirine;466245]He stood on Gamabunta

He was talking about in the episode when Naruto was walking towards the seal and we see the 4th chillin' on a mountain and opening his eyes as Naruto got closer to the seal.

I did like how the Red Water (chakra) turned Blue again after the 4th got there.

assertnfailure (7:40:03 PM): dude....your posts are a bunch of nonsense

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnder View Post

I know right! Way to COMPLETELY ignore all of the stuff that was established previously. I mean, it was like a major plot point that entire episodes were hung on that the push has to be recharged after each use, so that rapid fire attacks are like his weakness. But then we have him using his Push as a forcefield against the Kyuubi's gatling fireballs.

It wasn't that big a stretch if you think about it. If you don't think much about it then it seems out of place from what just happened episodes earlier, sure. I'm gonna assume that when there's only one Pain left standing he becomes substantially stronger since Nagato can focus all the chakra to him. I'll also assume YahikoPain would be the strongest and most resilient of the bunch to begin with just from the emotional attachment of the body. While we did see the other Pain bodies taken out by much less we never saw this one need resurrecting or display much weakness even after taking some hits from Saged up Naruto.

For the 5-second rule, it did say that the cooldown would be longer if he increased the power. How do we know that this wasn't simply him using a massive Push that kept pushing for a few seconds? If Naruto's rasenshuriken was as strong as the beams of hatred kyubii was launching then we mighta seen some outline from the Shinra tensei.

What I really don't get is how youre confused over the kyubii's pure chakra beams. It's perfectly normal for him to make a giant ball of it then shoot that but making to a beam form it is too much a stretch?

I can guess a solely anime viewer would enjoy the ep more than a manga loving twat like myself.