Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: One Piece Episode 457

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnder View Post
    We'll have to agree to disagree then.

With the exception of the G8 arc, while One Piece filler is much much better than Naruto or Bleach filler, One Piece filler is still not nearly as good as real One Piece.

Ergo, I see no reason why I should ever want to pay money for it.
    Well, there are very few shows out there that aren't nearly as good as real One Piece. Would you spend money on those other shows that aren't as good as One Piece?

Quote Originally Posted by Sentenal View Post
    Well, there are very few shows out there that aren't nearly as good as real One Piece. Would you spend money on those other shows that aren't as good as One Piece?
    Im sorry but if one piece fillers are better than another show I'm watching, I'd probably have to stop watching it.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Blog Entries
    I think that what we all mean is that, in perspective, One Piece fillers aren't half bad

Not bad as a distraction, but if I'm watching any series, I'm watching it for the main story. I'm not so terribly bored that I would pop in a dvd of fillers for the sake of watching something.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

BTW. I love how yibis refused to sub a filler episode, but subs a re-cap episode with a few new scenes

Indeed. I wasn't expecting them to do it, since they didn't do those last two movie episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentenal View Post
    Well, I don't buy a whole lot of anime series. So no, probably not.

I own all of Fullmetal Alchemist, Cowboy Bebop, Ghost in the Shell S.A.C, Gurren Lagann, and Death Note.

And I'm buying Naruto and One Piece as they are released, avoiding paying for filler episodes whenever possible(I still absolutely love the fact that Naruto cordoned off the filler hell on separate volumes, so I was able to skip maybe 7-8 whole volumes of Naruto).

These are all series I consider "excellent" and all of them are higher quality than One Piece fillers.

Quote Originally Posted by Assertn View Post
    Not bad as a distraction, but if I'm watching any series, I'm watching it for the main story. I'm not so terribly bored that I would pop in a dvd of fillers for the sake of watching something.
    My sentiments exactly.
    Last edited by DarthEnderX; Thu, 07-08-2010 at 08:55 PM.

And I'm buying Naruto, Bleach and One Piece as they are released, avoiding paying for filler episodes whenever possible(I still absolutely love the fact that Naruto cordoned off the filler hell on separate volumes, so I was able to skip maybe 7-8 whole volumes of Naruto).
    You do know that among those filler episodes of naruto there were some canon moments, don't you? If you don't buy a single filler dvd, you're missing some canon moments.

Quote Originally Posted by antiravage View Post
    You do know that among those filler episodes of naruto there were some canon moments, don't you? If you don't buy a single filler dvd, you're missing some canon moments.
    Like what? Ino asking Sakura if she could become a medic-nin? That was never in the manga. The only thing canonical I remember that was in the filler saga was Sakura reviving a fish.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

The One Piece fillers are hilarious pretty often too. That's why I watch them usually, to see the crew do more stupid shit.

Quote Originally Posted by antiravage View Post
    I watched the entire "filler hell" after the Sasuke Chase arc and don't remember a single canon moment in any of it(except the fish as mentioned, which, I'm sure as shit not paying 30 bucks for 15 seconds of canon and 4 hours of bullshit).

There's some filler BEFORE the Sasuke chase arc(Tea Country arc, Tsunades debts, Kakashi's mask episode) but none after. So I have SOME filler. But since Volume 10 of the DVDs ends exactly on the end of the Sasuke chase arc, I don't have ANY of the Filler Hell, and I'm not missing anything that's canon.

To clarify, I don't buy a DVD that's ALL filler. If it's only partially filler, I'm kind of stuck though. Which is why I already hate myself for owning the goddamn Apis arc in One Piece, but without it, I wouldn't have Laboon and Whiskey Peak.

Quote Originally Posted by Assertn View Post
    Like what? Ino asking Sakura if she could become a medic-nin? That was never in the manga. The only thing canonical I remember that was in the filler saga was Sakura reviving a fish.
    Shikamaru talking to Tsunade about the importance of having a medical ninja in a group of four is just one example. Or Sakura asking Tsunade to let her be her apprentice, which only happened after 6 or so filler episodes. If you don't buy those filler episodes, you'll miss why and how Sakura becomes Tsunade's discipline.

This is One Piece forum stop discussing Naruto. The only filler you really need to be careful is Foxy's (Loooong island) since it includes most annoying and very important moments in series, rest are for your discretion but unlike Naruto fillers are generally aren't too bad and watchable.

"Life is hilariously cruel" by Bender

Quote Originally Posted by Death13a View Post
    This is One Piece forum stop discussing Naruto. The only filler you really need to be careful is Foxy's (Loooong island) since it includes most annoying and very important moments in series, rest are for your discretion but unlike Naruto fillers are generally aren't too bad and watchable.
    Well, most of Long Ring Island isn't actually filler. So I have to buy it anyway even though there's a bunch of filler crammed into the middle of it.

It's not like I can go without owning Afro Luffy.
    Last edited by DarthEnderX; Mon, 07-05-2010 at 05:25 AM.

It's not like I can go without owning Afro Luffy.
    Nobody can truly own Afro Luffy.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Awesome user with default custom title UChessmaster's Avatar
    Uhmmm... was there no episode this week?
    You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end each of us must work for his own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful. -Marie Curie

Nope. Neither One Piece or Dragon Ball Kai aired on the 4th. Naruto is off this week as well.

Well that sucks...

"Always be yourself... unless you suck."

Hey, at least the Fullmetal finale happened.