Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Torrent Sites

Torrent Sites

Did anyone notice that all of the major anime torrent sites are down, or is it just me?

(Ah, Apparently there's a major power outage affecting all servers in Sweden)
    "Leaving hell is not the same as entering it." - Tierce Japhrimel

Indeed. They all seem to share the same host or something. Eclipse, Nyaa, & TT are all down.

Edit: They're back up now.
    Last edited by Marik; Thu, 06-24-2010 at 10:07 PM.

Awesome user with default custom title itadakimasu's Avatar
    On the topic of torrent sites...

I should have some demonoid invites. Let me know if you want one and I'll pm you the code.

Oo OOo ooo O~

Me!
    Don't believe in yourself, believe in me, who believes in you.

Quote Originally Posted by itadakimasu View Post
    On the topic of torrent sites...

I should have some demonoid invites. Let me know if you want one and I'll pm you the code.
    What is this demonoid you speak of? Someone school me.

assertnfailure (7:40:03 PM): dude....your posts are a bunch of nonsense

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iMUSTbeTHEdevil View Post
    What is this demonoid you speak of? Someone school me.
    It's a place where you can get lots of oldschool or difficult to get torrents with peers. But it's a very closed community until recently.
    I had been waiting for so long for an invite that I did not even check the site anymore.
    Now that I got an invite, I remarked that registration is now fully open, so the invite is useless. Life's a bitch, as they say

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

Demonoid

Just logged in and it looks like invites are open.

They moved the site to www.demonoid.me

Blog Entries
    Demonoid is pretty shitty these days

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel View Post
    Demonoid is pretty shitty these days
    I don't dl very much stuff nowadays. can you recommend another site?

http://torrentz.eu/

Is great. They have all the trackers in one place as well.
    "Leaving hell is not the same as entering it." - Tierce Japhrimel

Blog Entries
    I usually use piratebay or isohunt. And when everything else fails there's always google

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    I might switch to newsgroup+vpn in the next 6 months.
    I'm moving, changing ISP because the ADSL is too slow at my new location... and I have to switch to a cable+fiber ISP to have nice dl speeds. But that ISP isn't as nice as the one I have now. So I need some privacy.

Torrent is really a clever protocol, it's just that it's not stealth enough.

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel View Post
    I usually use piratebay or isohunt. And when everything else fails there's always google
    I used to love isohunt but after mininova got shut down and stuff i stopped going there. Same with piratebay... stopped going there after they were having all their legal issues going on.

Googling for torrent sites is dangerous too. There's much more fake malware infested sites than there are legit torrent sites.

Quote Originally Posted by itadakimasu View Post
    I used to love isohunt but after mininova got shut down and stuff i stopped going there. Same with piratebay... stopped going there after they were having all their legal issues going on.
    I stopped going to Piratebay after the legal troubles. It hits a bit too close since PB is/was in Sweden... Isohunt is who knows where, so I reckoned I'm safe with it for now. Although maybe even more importantly I used Piratebay for programs, which are along with western music and movies/tv series the most hunted category (by copyright enforcers), whereas I use Isohunt for anime/manga. I have never heard of anybody who would have got into trouble because of anime/manga over here.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire View Post
    http://torrentz.eu/

Is great. They have all the trackers in one place as well.
    Thanks!. Bookmarked.

Quote Originally Posted by Ark
    Same, though minus PirateBay.

Quote Originally Posted by David
    I'm moving, changing ISP because the ADSL is too slow at my new location... and I have to switch to a cable+fiber ISP to have nice dl speeds. But that ISP isn't as nice as the one I have now. So I need some privacy.

Torrent is really a clever protocol, it's just that it's not stealth enough.
    I've yet to work out how that all works yet. I'm still relying on private trackers and hoping for those decentralised P2P programs that spawned from Winny to take hold somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by itadakimasu

Googling for torrent sites is dangerous too. There's much more fake malware infested sites than there are legit torrent sites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraco
    I stopped going to Piratebay after the legal troubles. It hits a bit too close since PB is/was in Sweden... Isohunt is who knows where, so I reckoned I'm safe with it for now.
    Pirate Bay and Isohunt are a bit different in that one's a tracker and another's an index. Isohunt's still alright for me. Pirate Bay's pretty much dead to me, and anything that can be found on there will most likely turn up on isohunt's index anyway.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

So now that Demonoid.me is down for the count, where is everyone going for torrents these days? :P

Ive tried using speed.cd, its pretty good.

Kickasstorrents is probably the closest to demonoid.es

Thanks Carnage! Looks like speed.cd is closed for members right now though. kickasstorrents isn't too bad.

check kat.ph <- great alternative to mininova/isohunt

Edit.
    someone mentioned it - it is kickasstorrents.
    Number of works of fiction that made me shed at least one tear: 3
    Thou seeketh soul power, dost thou not?
    TOX: 33524385841A92B08787EEBEBA2DB51ED293C4F15A2E292F3F C92165E82388281433A77EA8FE

Can anyone say how secure private trackers are from DCMA/MPAA/RIAA detection? Or does the client you use matter more for privacy?

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?