Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Naruto Shippuuden Episode 166

Naruto Shippuuden Episode 166

[CrunchySubs] Naruto Shippuuden - 166 - 720p | 480p

this can't be true...

Hinataaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!! (me = fanboy)

Even though I knew it last week.. it...just..sucks!
    Just put a katsuyu on her quickly or something.. just.. not like this..

Naruto/Kyuubi, kick the living shit out of this guy...tear him apart.

This won't make a very glorious page on Konoha's chronicles. People just stood by and wached Naruto get tortured and Hinata get slaughtered. Later this should certainly reform Konoha to either a spiritually broken village or a much more morbid one (following Rain's footsteps). Unless somebody like Naruto manages to save it.

I wonder how Pain intends to beat Kyuubi, though. He certainly won't be granted five second grace periods by the demon so perhaps his eyes can do something to it.

With the beginning of the episode being as it was, there was simply no chance left for Hinata. Despite how utterly stupid it was that nobody did anything to help her, I think the premise for her demise was quite well built.

That was just a cold blooded assassination...
    I liked the animation of the flashbacks, but the rest kinda dissapointed me. Especially when Pain was trying to avoid being hit by Hinata was very weird.

Naruto kinda went bat crap crazy like Gohan did. Was expected.
    Hakke Rokujūyon Shō!

Blog Entries
    They sure handled it way better than the manga ever did

Quote Originally Posted by ASSpirine View Post
    Naruto kinda went bat crap crazy like Gohan did. Was expected.
    Sennin Mode 2!!!

Bankai ... bitch

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Hinata's voice was unrecognisable at times. She sounded.. tough.

Never before have I wished more that collecting 9 Bijus would grant someone a wish. When she survived that first sickening drop, I had hope that she'd make it through - and then they brought out the impaling stick..

Goodbye Hinata /cry (they could have given you more awesome moves to show off before you went)

Last edited by Buffalobiian; Thu, 06-24-2010 at 10:00 AM.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    Goodbye Hinata /cry (they could have given you more awesome moves to show off before you went)
    I guess she was something of a failure as a ninja skills wise but ironically enough she displayed more courage than anybody in the village before the end. Anybody still alive, anyway.

did you just say Hinata hazz ballzzz.

mwhahahahaha

From today on the rookie nine are no more. Now it's just rookie eight. And Pain being so cruel to Hinata was unexpected especially after Hinata told she loved Naruto. I mean, Nagato has Konan, whom he wouldn't want to lose, so he could've showed some mercy.

As sad as Hinata's death is, i'm still hyped because now we get some Kyuubi action.. about fucking time!

However.. Pain didn't seem concerned about Naruto going Kyuubi at all, it looked like this is what he wanted all along for some reason... i wonder what he has up his sleeve, aside from giant metal spikes :P

"Always be yourself... unless you suck."

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

PAIN KILLED THE BOOBIES!!

HE MUST DIE!!!!

I don't really think she's dead though. She's only just been impaled and when Naruto blasts Pain to the moon here in a second there's gonna be plenty of time for someone to rush up and grab her and pull her back for the heals while they're fighting.

Tiger fists looked cool but near as I could tell didn't actually do anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    I guess she was something of a failure as a ninja skills wise but ironically enough she displayed more courage than anybody in the village before the end. Anybody still alive, anyway.
    It's not a lack of courage keeping the others back, but the fact that Naruto insisted that they don't come. Several of them have already tried to go only to be stopped.

It's like Hinata herself says, her going down there was selfishness on her own part.

And look, she was completely useless against Pain in helping Naruto. So he was right.

Unless you count the fact that she's indirectly woken the Nine-tails now, which is about to rape Pain in the face. But I don't really count that as "help".
    Last edited by DarthEnderX; Thu, 06-24-2010 at 12:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnder View Post
    \
    Tiger fists looked cool but near as I could tell didn't actually do anything.
    I assure you they would have had she had the talent to hit him with them =/.

I enjoyed the Kyubi explosion, had a nice 'oh shit! it's on now ' feel to it.
    When man invented the bicycle he reached the peak of his attainments. Here was a machine of precision and balance for the convenience of man. And (unlike subsequent inventions for man's convenience) the more he used it, the fitter his body became. Here, for once, was a product of man's brain that was entirely beneficial to those who used it, and of no harm or irritation to others. Progress should have stopped when man invented the bicycle. ~Elizabeth West, Hovel in theHills

Quote Originally Posted by Cal_kashi View Post
    I assure you they would have had she had the talent to hit him with them =/
    I suppose that's true. Half the time you'd think Rasengan was useless as well if you watch Naruto miss with it over and over.

Does seem like a lot of techniques in the Naruto world all stem from that line of thinking. 1. Create some awesome effect around your hand. 2. Punch enemy. And they all unfortunately rely on being able to get to actually do step 2.

Does seem like a lot of techniques in the Naruto world all stem from that line of thinking. 1. Create some awesome effect around your hand. 2. Punch enemy. And they all unfortunately rely on being able to get to actually do step 2.
    The real tragedy is that they only fail in reaching step two because they are lazy gits. Lee is proof that you can develop some pretty amazing taijutsu if you just work at it.
    When man invented the bicycle he reached the peak of his attainments. Here was a machine of precision and balance for the convenience of man. And (unlike subsequent inventions for man's convenience) the more he used it, the fitter his body became. Here, for once, was a product of man's brain that was entirely beneficial to those who used it, and of no harm or irritation to others. Progress should have stopped when man invented the bicycle. ~Elizabeth West, Hovel in theHills

But Lee is a genius at NOT being lazy! You can't compare!

He's a genius AND he's not lazy, he was just fortunate the two synergised, just as Aizen planned.

It's not a lack of courage keeping the others back, but the fact that Naruto insisted that they don't come. Several of them have already tried to go only to be stopped.
    I believe it partially is. They already gave everything they had to beat Pains, suffering uncountable casulties, including named ones, only to see their whole village levelled and even the defeated Pains return in perfect health. At that point they are told by somebody they don't need to fight anymore and to stay at a distance. Psychologically speaking they would feel relief someone else is going to handle the rest. And if that somebody else gets defeated, it's going to be his fault.

It takes something more to break free of that state. Naturally that something else for Hinata was rather love than courage but from an outsider's pov it's all the same. The rest were just staring at Naruto being impaled and still telling themselves they don't need to do anything anymore. Aside from those who set out to find the real Pain or those too damaged to move, the rest already had broken spirits.