Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Naruto Shippuuden Episode 166

I am with the people who dislike plots device that cheapens death. Resurrections as puppets though, I like it since the look on the face of opponents fighting their own nakama is priceless.

eg, Orochimaru resurrecting the 2 Hokage as puppet to fight the 3rd Hokage

Once again, I am sure everyone would stop watching Harry Potter if we see Dumberdore resurrected.

If you died you stay dead unless you become a zombie or puppet.

It should be noted Hinata did take a total of 4-5 Tendo/push pull shot. While we know alot of ninjas/toads were only capable of taking one shot. If she had stay down and not gotten up for more ass kicking, she would have been alive.

Quote Originally Posted by depthcharge View Post
    It should be noted Hinata did take a total of 4-5 Tendo/push pull shot. While we know alot of ninjas/toads were only capable of taking one shot.
    thats right, but i guess Pain was just toying with her (someone said it before).

I don't get why Pain said that he can't understand Hinata. Nagato once said his only wish is to protect his two friends... Maybe a hint to what happened to Yahiko?

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnder View Post
    Man, they seriously need to add some kind of Mangekyou Byakugan because it's seriously weaksauce compared to the other two eye techniques.
    Yeah, we need some uber byakugan right now.
    It was always my favorite, from the moment I saw Neji fight, those are just some cool dead looking eyes.

I get that evolution is there for some reason, and that the sharingan might be better then byakugan. But can it not evolve into something else also?

I guess one can only hope...
    Hakke Rokujūyon Shō!

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    Well, if you were just grasping for hope from every direction for the dead folk's sake, then I see your point. For my own part, since time immemorial I've believed in a good story also good guys must die. That's why I rarely hope to see seemingly dead people brought back, even if their demise initially pissed me off, like Hinata's did.
    I don't actually mind character deaths - I agree, they make the story better, and while I was sad to see both Asuma and Jiraya go, I've no issues with that. Its the way they have handled Kakashi and Hinata's deaths that have convinced me that they aren't 'real' - however it comes about, I'm convinced those two are not gone. I just can't see them killing them off without far more backstory and angst over it then we have seen so far. Will they be back due to a pain ressurection? That's my current theory, but who knows. I'm convinced they will be back though.

Or will they be back cause Tsunade will give her life to the slug's chakra A'La' granny chiyo?

Either way this is my favorite arc including the conclusion to it. I'm dying to see some of ol Kishimoto at his finest come to life.

Quote Originally Posted by depthcharge View Post
    It should be noted Hinata did take a total of 4-5 Tendo/push pull shot. While we know alot of ninjas/toads were only capable of taking one shot. If she had stay down and not gotten up for more ass kicking, she would have been alive.
    She was one-shotted in the manga.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    She was one-shotted in the manga.
    So were Lion Fists anime-original?

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    So were Lion Fists anime-original?
    No. She used it right beforehand.
    Last edited by Marik; Sun, 06-27-2010 at 08:04 AM.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Marik View Post
    Wow, that scene was even more brutal in the manga.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Blog Entries
    I'm glad they gave her more time and a flashback though, it was a much better way to go

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel View Post
    I'm glad they gave her more time and a flashback though, it was a much better way to go
    Forsure. And I can't decide which end to the fight I thought was sweeter; the straight down spiked into the ground. Or the force lift and slam. Actually I'm not too sure about the anime's rendition it seems less "Push/Pull" with Pain being the center of gravity.... and more "you can call me Darth"

Blog Entries
    I noticed that too, they took a few liberties with God realm's force push

Awesome user with default custom title UChessmaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagemane_no_Jutsu View Post
    Either way this is my favorite arc including the conclusion to it. I'm dying to see some of ol Kishimoto at his finest come to life.
    Agree, i`m not sure which one i`m looking forward the most, the rest of the fight or the forever epic conclusion to it, i don`t think i`ve seen a better ending in any anime.
    You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end each of us must work for his own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful. -Marie Curie

Dammit, now I know the rest of this arc is awesome! Spoilers!

Anyway, definitely prefer the anime version of this. In the manga you don't even get to see what those tiger fists do(not that they do much in the anime, even when she connects with it).

Also, any scene of determination that includes someone declaring their Ninja Way is always going to be better than the same scene without that.

It's telling that this episode was not even one issue of the manga as to just how much they added to this scene.

Anyway, nobody mentioned it at the time last week, but does anyone want to talk about the one shot where they showed all 9 of the Tailed Beasts?
    Last edited by DarthEnderX; Mon, 06-28-2010 at 07:39 AM.

Anyway, nobody mentioned it at the time last week, but does anyone want to talk about the one shot where they showed all 9 of the Tailed Beasts?
    No one mentioned it probably because the pic of the nine bijuus has been circulating the internet some time ago and they all knew how the beasts looked like.

Goodle "bijuus" and you'll see this:
    http://www.narutocentral.com/uploads...941/f/4649.png
    Last edited by antiravage; Tue, 06-29-2010 at 09:37 PM.

Well, first time I'd seen it anyway. The bug is badass.