Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Naruto Chapter 499

Naruto Chapter 499

mangastream / binktopia

Online Viewing | Direct Download

No chapter next week.
    Last edited by Marik; Wed, 06-16-2010 at 03:01 PM.

Nice. Did anyone ever predict this in the last couple of chapter threads? It seems next chapter will be full of blah-blah-blah. Hopefully there are some good moments in there.

I actually thought that the theory that Kushina was the Kyuubi Jinchuriki that had been circulating around for some time could be real... and then Kishimoto does this. Bam!

I hope the flashback is belivable at least. How the hell was Kyuubi free and Kushina alive having a baby if she was a Jinchuuriki?

Is his new sealing technique one from the Rikudo sennin? Perhaps he's a direct descendant as oppose to a branch like the Senju and Uchiha.

Awesome user with default custom title NeoCybercoin's Avatar
    So....we saw the necklace that the Sage of Six Paths had. Makes sense since he MADE the Kyuubi. But I liked the chapter.

Awesome user with default custom title The Heretic Azazel's Avatar
    Looks like she was the jinchuuriki before the Kyuubi somehow got free. The running theory seems to be that Madara summoned the fox 16 years ago to wreak havoc on Konoha, maybe he was extracted from Kushina.
    "They call it 'The American Dream' because you have to be asleep to believe it" - George Carlin

Hmm... "This is the sage of the six paths!" doesn't make much sense. I wonder if that was translated incorrectly? Maybe, "seal of six elements," since his old seal was five elements?

Also, I was expecting that once Naruto gained control of the Kyuubi's chakra, that he and the nine-tails would have a mutual relationship like K-Bee and the Eight-tails, but that doesn't seem to be the case. It appears that the Kyuubi is still locked up and hates Naruto more than ever.

Blog Entries
    Yeah he kicks ass but lets keep in mind he still only knows 2 jutsus >_<

I mean come on... is some variety too much to ask?

naruto is still a tardbarn, he just has brute force now

Sage Art Nonstop Gargantuan Rasengan Barrage. Now that's a mouthful for a special move.

I figured that was what Kushina was. Considering how similar her hair looked when she was a child and got mad.
    Last edited by animus; Wed, 06-16-2010 at 04:05 PM.

Naruto knows at least 4 jutsu that are combat effective. Rasengan (in multiple sizes), Fuuton Rasenshuriken, Summoning, and Shadow Clone. If you also count Sage Mode as a jutsu that's 5. With sage mode he is super strong, super fast, and super tough, has chakra sensing, and can use a ranged attack that is nigh unblockable as long as it's on target. What more utility could he get out of something like other elemental techniques?

In terms of practical combat his fighting style is pretty well equipped for his preferred role of front line brawler. All he has to do is connect with a Rasengan to finish just about any opponent who doesn't have some sort of super healing ability or isn't a demon. With sage mode he can probably out perform most ninja well enough to get a shot or two at them with a Rasengan. His biggest weakness currently would probably be genjutsu which could conceivably be covered with summons or an as yet unrevealed sage mode granted immunity to genjutsu.
    Last edited by Yukimura; Wed, 06-16-2010 at 04:19 PM.

I feel really bad for the kyuubi, it's so sad.

I wonder if the 4th even knew about Kuhina being the jinchushinkosintritisrishiki. maybe she wanted to have a baby so she turned to Madara to get the demon out of her, and then Madara released it on the village.
    it could explain why the kyuubi's so pissed at them. she threw him off for another man.

sig made by Itachi-y2k5, thanks, dude!
    Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.

I wonder how it all happend. Were Kushina and Kyuubi torn apart, or were they both sealed inside Naruto together? That would be kind of weird.

Awesome user with default custom title UChessmaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by redcat View Post
    naruto is still a tardbarn, he just has brute force now
    ???

Where were you during the Pain fight?

About Kushima this is how i see it: She gets the Kyuubi -> she gets pregnant -> she gives birth -> soon thereafter kyuubi is released.
    You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end each of us must work for his own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful. -Marie Curie

Awesome user with default custom title poopdeville's Avatar
    Neat. Naruto is the new Sage of the Six Paths.

I think this makes it more plausible that the body Kabuto showed to Madara is the old Sage of the Six Paths. Pein had the Rinnegan, but no Sage mode. The old Sage must have had both.
    "After all, I am strangely colored."

Naruto has gotten worse for sure. The lack of originality in recycling different versions of rasengans for moves leaves me seriously disgusted.

Can't Naruto learn some different awe-inspiring moves instead of bigger and stronger and more rasengans? Man I was disappointed to see Rasenganshuriken but 'Sageart-Nonstop-Garagantuan-Rasengan-Barrage" ?

Seriously retarded as hell

Anyone in hand-to-hand will easily lose to Naruto. That much was pretty much established when he fought Pain. Naruto pulled off that broke-ass more + bigger rasengan attack even without the Kyubi's chakra. I imagine now he'll be able to create a rasengan the size of a planet.

In any case, I still feel the same way about this fight as I have for 90% of Naruto's fights. And that is that if Kishimoto wants Naruto to win, Naruto will land a rasengan. If Kishimoto wants Naruto to lose, Naruto will miss with his rasengan. Its ridiculous to make intelligent assumptions about matchups, as it doesn't even seem like Kishimoto knows what all the characters are capable of until he writes himself into a corner.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Awesome user with default custom title Pandadice's Avatar
    you know, from the image in last weeks chap where she beat up the kids, i thought that seemed an awful lot like naruto's 9-tail freak outs.. so i guess that makes sense. It also makes sense then why she was a target for abduction, and her chakra was "special". good chapter.

user posted image

As far as Naruto's skills, he just seems to be missing support abilities. Trust me, it would be lamer if he just learned a new skill that was stronger, then only started using that, then learned another skill that was even stronger than that, then started using only that...etc. He just needs small little techniques to give him small advantages here and there. Basically like Kakashi. Kakashi's uses Chidori the same as Naruto's Rasengan, but he does a lot of little things in between.

Anyway, besides Kakashi, look at the other characters. Sakura just punches. Shika just uses shadows. Kiba just makes the tornado thing with the dog. Naruto seems to be using more variety than some of these guys.

Sakura's a medic and punches. Otherwise, yes she's still useless.

Shikamaru uses Shadows as a manipulation and outlet for his strategy.

NOC about Kiba.