Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Naruto Chapter 499

(OT) You know

The talk about the Byakugan got me thinking. Since the Byakugan is a type of sharingran, could it possibly be that the Byakugan could read things that the sharingran never could into the plaque hidden by the Uchiha clan under the 7th tatami mat in the clan headquarters? (or wherever the heck it is...)

I say incoming Hinata power-up!
    "Fighting to protect someone .. kukukukukukukukukukuk .. I guess you read too much stereotypical manga..." Gangryong vs. Guhoo, Shinra . Manga: VERITAS

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 12345p View Post
    The talk about the Byakugan got me thinking. Since the Byakugan is a type of sharingran, could it possibly be that the Byakugan could read things that the sharingran never could into the plaque hidden by the Uchiha clan under the 7th tatami mat in the clan headquarters? (or wherever the heck it is...)
    ... no, no it isn't

Awesome user with default custom title poopdeville's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 12345p View Post
    The talk about the Byakugan got me thinking. Since the Byakugan is a type of sharingran...
    It's the other way around. According to Kakashi, the Sharingan descended from the Byakugan. That would mean that the Uchiha is a branch of the Hyuuga family.

But then we have the story of the Sage of the Six Paths, the Uchiha and Senju. Maybe the Sage was a Hyuuga and managed to achieve the perfect Byakugan (i.e. the Rinnegan) way back when. Or maybe that's too specific. Maybe the Sage's older son (or his descendent) founded the Hyuuga, and then the Sharingan evolved from there.

The Hyuuga are supposedly the oldest family in Konoha.
    Last edited by poopdeville; Tue, 06-29-2010 at 08:44 PM.
    "After all, I am strangely colored."

people are never gonna forget one off-hand comment by some shit grade ninja...
    I agree, we need more byakougan, or at least have kishi kill off the connection for real.

sig made by Itachi-y2k5, thanks, dude!
    Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.

i guess its plausible that the oldest brother was a hyuuga, the second a uciha and the third a senju. Even if the byakugan is the strongest this could be for multiple reasons, the fact that its more suited to a longevity and as such allows its user to develop a lot fuller than those that use sharingan. We also know that not everyone has the same ability or skill using sharingan but thus far, although nejis capabilities outstrip hinata, it seems that the byakugan is relativley equal.

Chambers has a point, there. We have only been focusing on super strong people with the Sharingan: Itachi, Sasuke, Madara. Those guys are really strong on their own. The average ninja with Sharingan probably isn't as great as the average ninja with Byakugan.

Blog Entries
    Too bad there are no more average ninjas with the sharingan

And it's sad to see that there aren't any super strong Byakugan users worth anything more than just being backdrop in Naruto and Sasuke's love story.