Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Naruto Chapter 499

So basically Naruto just got complete access to most of the Kyubi's chakra and the Kyubi is locked up again with a little chakra left?

assertnfailure (7:40:03 PM): dude....your posts are a bunch of nonsense

I wanna see a different jutsu from aside from bunshins and rasengan(all of its types, big, small, multiple, wind etc..). Is it that hard to think of something different in a world full of elements and techniques?

Thanks shinta|hikari for the sig.

He's a wind type, yet he doesn't have any wind jutsu besides his Shippuden-Rasengan or whatever.

Awesome user with default custom title Pandadice's Avatar
    He's uses transformation along with clones. And he has summons.

Plus he uses taijutsu the most, doesn't he? He's always going in for the punch.

user posted image

Quote Originally Posted by animus View Post
    He's a wind type, yet he doesn't have any wind jutsu besides his Shippuden-Rasengan or whatever.
    Exactly.. It's always just a variation of rasengan. I wish there were more wind jutsu.

Thanks shinta|hikari for the sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam98034 View Post
    As far as Naruto's skills, he just seems to be missing support abilities. Trust me, it would be lamer if he just learned a new skill that was stronger, then only started using that, then learned another skill that was even stronger than that, then started using only that...etc. He just needs small little techniques to give him small advantages here and there. Basically like Kakashi. Kakashi's uses Chidori the same as Naruto's Rasengan, but he does a lot of little things in between.

Anyway, besides Kakashi, look at the other characters. Sakura just punches. Shika just uses shadows. Kiba just makes the tornado thing with the dog. Naruto seems to be using more variety than some of these guys.

In response to alot of other critism, Naruto's skill set.

1. Sexy no Jutsu
    2. Harem no Jutsu
    3. Rasen-shadow smoke duststorm
    4.Kagebun-omote no jutsu (a combo tajitsu, used during exam arc and sand invasion arc)
    5.Head butt no jutsu(sorry but this seemed more like brute but its small little things)
    6.Reverse clone-summoning jutsu(this in my opinion is quite hacked)
    7.Thousand years of pain (not a Naruto created special, but he can possibly creat Taju kagebun- thousand years of pain jutsu if he wants.
    8 Shuriken shadow bunshin no jutsu(used twice, once in Zabuzza and in Pain arc)
    9. Bunshin bind no jutsu.(yeah its a variation of the genius shadow bind)
    10. Combo water pistol no jutsu(yeah I almost forgot about this weird tech)

Rasengan, rasen-shuriken, sage art, frog kumite are just some of the most powerful technique he possesses.

Additional: Naruto has grown alot. Especially after attaining Sage mode.
    His coolness, I would rate to be close to the lvl of Kabuto.. and perhaps Sasuke.
    For one thing, we know Naruto has been known to not back down from any fight, and doesnt seem to have the intelligence to retreat from a fight. That changed when he saved the (once again useless) Sakura from being killed by Sasuke, and then subsequently note that he shouldnt fight Sasuke at that point in time.

I secretly/openly like Kabuto because I think he is secretly the ultimate bad boss. I secretly like Sasuke because I think he is secretly the ultimate good guy(much like Itachi)
    Last edited by depthcharge; Thu, 06-17-2010 at 01:18 AM.

I'm confused how you can secretly/openly like something. But good point on his jutsu, although some of them are jokes. I just wish he had more like the 3rd did in his fight against Oro--high-level elemental attacks (I know he has the wind one).

would it kill Kishimonto to have Naruto summon some frogs once in a while?
    really, summon some frogs and have them hold down the kyuubi with their tongues while he smacks him with the big rasengan.

sig made by Itachi-y2k5, thanks, dude!
    Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam98034 View Post
    I'm confused how you can secretly/openly like something. But good point on his jutsu, although some of them are jokes. I just wish he had more like the 3rd did in his fight against Oro--high-level elemental attacks (I know he has the wind one).
    Do you die a little whenever you watch Naruto perform his Sexy no Jutsu?

(I actually appreciate the Sexy no Jutsu, lets just say it affects me)

(I had wanted to say secretly, but realised that it would now be openly... so it became openly_)

As far as your desire, Death BOO Z and other's desire, it might come true. Kishimoto might just decide to "invent" the following.

Giant stone frog statue X rock wall replacement summon no jutsu. - Can act as a giant paper weight, hold down your enemy/enemies, block a gigantic attack, dam a river, become a frog shrine, ...
    Last edited by depthcharge; Thu, 06-17-2010 at 03:25 AM.

SENNIN NO OUGI:

HOKUTO KEN.

Lol that was all I could think of when he did that barrage thing, perhaps the anime will do a little freeze frame thingy ;P.
    Pretty cool chapter overall though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidnne View Post
    Hmm... "This is the sage of the six paths!" doesn't make much sense. I wonder if that was translated incorrectly? Maybe, "seal of six elements," since his old seal was five elements?

Also, I was expecting that once Naruto gained control of the Kyuubi's chakra, that he and the nine-tails would have a mutual relationship like K-Bee and the Eight-tails, but that doesn't seem to be the case. It appears that the Kyuubi is still locked up and hates Naruto more than ever.
    He said "this is the sage of the six paths'....." as in this is that guys technique or chakra or whatever.
    Also it would be pretty silly if they became friends, why would something that is pure evil suddenly become good? There is no good side to the Kyuubi.
    -----------------

Awesome user with default custom title NeoCybercoin's Avatar
    I doubt they are now buddies. It's more like he has full control over Kyuubi's chakra without the risk of getting taken over by it. I think his..."Sage Cloak" will only happen when he is in Sage mode AND using the Kyuubi cloak.

Quote Originally Posted by Assertn View Post
    Anyone in hand-to-hand will easily lose to Naruto. That much was pretty much established when he fought Pain. Naruto pulled off that broke-ass more + bigger rasengan attack even without the Kyubi's chakra. I imagine now he'll be able to create a rasengan the size of a planet.
    Hmm, a big ball of energy the size of a planet, now where have I seen that before...

Quote Originally Posted by darkshadow View Post
    Also it would be pretty silly if they became friends, why would something that is pure evil suddenly become good? There is no good side to the Kyuubi.

the same discussion, as we've been having for quite some time now.

my argument: Kyuubi has to befriend Naruto. it was set in stone (for me) the moment Jiraya through him off the cliff and they had that 'talk' between them (chapter 92?).

Gaara and the rest of the jinchuushinsinkiristiklitishki are another 'evidence' for it. KillerBee especially, if they can get to friendly terms with their beasts, then ninja-jesus Naruto has to be able to do so.

the fact that Madara was said to be the one responsible for getting the kyuubi to attack the village cements it.
    I'm not saying that Kyuubi is a good guy, or even half decent, he's a dick. but so are Sasuke and Neji, and no body said that they can't be fixed into being naruto's friends.

I would have believed that Kyuubi can be evil, if the series continued it's original premise, with naruto as the only demon seal, and the energy simply leaking between them.
    If naruto won't be getting along with the demon, then it's just slavery, between two sentient beings (evil or not, the kyuubi is a person), and that's more horrible than any ninja-war of hatred and revenge that naruto wants to stop.

your argument is that the Kyuubi is EVIL. like the devil or something. and that he corrupts whatever he touches.

I'm posed against that conviction. I think the kyuubi is mostly angry, pissed, and brainwashed.

Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.

Goku was the Sage of the Six paths.

naruto is pretty much goku v2

orange clothes
    blonde hair
    sage mode / ssj
    rasengan / kamehameha
    giant rasengan / spirit bomb
    kyuubi form / giant ape form
    mostly brute force tactics with small doses of strategy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by redcat View Post
    naruto is pretty much goku v2

orange clothes
    blonde hair
    sage mode / ssj
    rasengan / kamehameha
    giant rasengan / spirit bomb
    kyuubi form / giant ape form
    mostly brute force tactics with small doses of strategy
    Quote Originally Posted by complich8
    DBZ references - Fucking stop it, you morons! I'm sick and tired of hearing about how many similarities you found on each episode. Nobody cares and everyone knows that Toriyama is Kishimoto's idol
    STOP DOING THIS!!

Yes I know, we all know, lets drop it.

u mad bro?

If we stop the DBZ references there would nothing worthy to talk about in Naruto. Or hyperbolic time chamber Bleach for that matter.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DB_Hunter View Post
    If we stop the DBZ references there would nothing worthy to talk about in Naruto. Or hyperbolic time chamber Bleach for that matter.
    That's different, it's an unspoken rule that the bleach manga threads are not for discussion but for trolling and witty humor

Quote Originally Posted by redcat View Post
    u mad bro?
    you haven't said anything new, that's the problem.

if, for example, Naruto were to meet a best friend who's short and bald and has six dots on his head, then it's DragonballZ reference firing range, that's cool.

but there's nothing relevant to the comparison right now, so calling back to his blonde hair and orange suit, is pretty much useless.