Thread: Subs ain't showing up

Blog Entries

Subs ain't showing up

My laptop is out so my sister borrowed me hers, but even after installing the cccp the subs aren't showing up in mkv files for some reason

This never happened before, usually i just install it and it all works out fine. Any ideas?

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Archangel View Post
    My laptop is out so my sister borrowed me hers, but even after installing the cccp the subs aren't showing up in mkv files for some reason

This never happened before, usually i just install it and it all works out fine. Any ideas?
    So can you select subs by right-clicking the video during playback (MPC), or right-click -> Navigate -> subtitles?

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    I had the problem multiple times in the past.
    I'd check for VSfilter or its new name
    I'd check which filter should be active for subtitles, is it ffdshow since you used CCCP or is it the player -probably mpc or mpc-hc

If it's ffdshow, check the appropriate config in the configuration tools provided by cccp (in fact a link to built-in filter settings)

If it's mpc-hc check for appropriate settings in options. Other way around the problem is to use the external filter settings in MPC-HC, create a rule for VSfilter and choose "Always use"

I think in CCCP there's a matroska settings link, check for that one too, I think I remember there's a "Force Vsfilter" setting or equivalent

Last option is to download vsfilter and place it in the right windows folders and register it in the registry. There's a command line available via googling
    Other than placing it and registering it, mpc/mpc-hc enables you to search for the filter anywhere you place it and put the "always use" setting.

Sorry for not giving you a complete tutorial with actions and all, but I do it from memory and I do not have a windows box anymore (not for media at least) so I can only give you main directions, hoping google can help you pinpointing the problem or a good solution.

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

Are they working in mp4 files, then?

I'm not sure how much the video renderers depend on your video card but I'd also check your sister has installed real drivers for hers and isn't just using some Windows prepacked ones.

Blog Entries
    Reinstalled and it started working, thanks for the tips though

Awesome user with default custom title poopdeville's Avatar
    VLC is so much easier.
    "After all, I am strangely colored."

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by poopdeville View Post
    VLC is so much easier.
    Yes, but not that good quality wise. In the end it's a personnal choice: tune to your liking, or press and play

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

are you sure VLC's video quality is that bad? For me, It looks fine (or that I've been playing too many computer games, it's affected my vision XD)

Anyways, now that we're on the subject of VLC, the sub's ain't showing up for me either. 8bit version of Mirai Nikki ep.3, but only 3 for some reason. 2 and 4 work perfect (1 is 10bit, and it works great). Win. 7 64bit, U-Torrent, VLC Player.

-EDIT-

Nevermind, I was able to find out what was wrong.
    Last edited by hollowichi1931; Sun, 11-06-2011 at 06:19 AM.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hollowichi1931 View Post
    Anyways, now that we're on the subject of VLC, the sub's ain't showing up for me either. 8bit version of Mirai Nikki ep.3, but only 3 for some reason. 2 and 4 work perfect (1 is 10bit, and it works great). Win. 7 64bit, U-Torrent, VLC Player.

-EDIT-

Nevermind, I was able to find out what was wrong.
    Can you share with us the fix that you found? It'd be handy to have a record for future reference.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~